iPro Stadium

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haters are gonna hate. After all some people haven't had anything to moan about for over a month.

You're very dismissive of others these days GStar.

I don't see any hate. None at all.

I've got some genuine concerns here, even the main money man behind the group of four (who with a tiny bit of research appears to be) Jazz Gandhum doesn't seem to be massively wealthy, a couple of companies with assets of 5,8m between them but with liabilities of 5.1m.

All I can see now is that we've signed a ten year deal with a start up who have no experience of that sector. I'd love to be re-assured that we've got some guaranteed revenue in place. Perhaps I'll calm down when I read more about what they're doing and who they've got as backers, whether they've actually got a workforce, whether they've got a production plant things like that.

I would have thought their image would be important to them especially around the timing of a 7m GBP deal, you would think they'd have taken the time to build some credibility around their brand, the team and the product and so far I don't see that at all. Far from it.

You're very dismissive of others these days GStar.

I don't see any hate. None at all.

I've got some genuine concerns here, even the main money man behind the group of four (who with a tiny bit of research appears to be) Jazz Gandhum doesn't seem to be massively wealthy, a couple of companies with assets of 5,8m between them but with liabilities of 5.1m.

All I can see now is that we've signed a ten year deal with a start up who have no experience of that sector. I'd love to be re-assured that we've got some guaranteed revenue in place. Perhaps I'll calm down when I read more about what they're doing and who they've got as backers, whether they've actually got a workforce, whether they've got a production plant things like that.

I would have thought their image would be important to them especially around the timing of a 7m GBP deal, you would think they'd have taken the time to build some credibility around their brand, the team and the product and so far I don't see that at all. Far from it.

Not aimed at you Ronnie.

It just seems that people have been waiting for another opportunity or something to moan about.

Let's be honest...none of us on here have a clue about this brand.

Who is their target market? Will internet marketing be even slightly relevant to their strategy? I say this because a few people have made judgement on their credentials based on their website.

As some have already said we don't have anything (other than a bit of credibility to lose). If the company doesn't take off and they go bust the contract is cancelled and we still have some of their money in the bank.

Well firstly I'd say considering the names we could of ended up with this is probably as good a sounding stadium name you could get while sponsored. Its actually quite catchy.

Is a stadium name that important too us?! It will soon become normal. I speak about the emirates (arsenal) and often forget its even a sponsorship.

I think anybody trying to do due diligence on the company is wasting their time. Derby are not stupid and I'm pretty sure they will have done work to see if they can hold up their end of the bargain and as people have said if they go bust so what?! Its Pride park again and we are back where we are now but £700k richer (which could pay Johnny Russells transfer fee).

And for those of you saying £7m isn't enough?! A lot of people would consider selling Will Hughes for £7m but you wouldn't sell the name Pride Park (Which lets be honest is pretty crap! And is cringey).

I'd say its a good bit of business and if it buys us an extra player each summer then great. And if you want to carry on calling it Pride Park then do it.

Ultimately we've been paid £7m for sky sports to say 'Lets go to the iPro Stadium' on Soccer Saturday instead of Pride Park and for the stadium announcer to say iPro 83 times on a matchday. I say well done!

Not aimed at you Ronnie.

It just seems that people have been waiting for another opportunity or something to moan about.

Let's be honest...none of us on here have a clue about this brand.

Who is their target market? Will internet marketing be even slightly relevant to their strategy? I say this because a few people have made judgement on their credentials based on their website.

As some have already said we don't have anything (other than a bit of credibility to lose). If the company doesn't take off and they go bust the contract is cancelled and we still have some of their money in the bank.

Yeah but then we've got to change the name again.

Look at Huddersfield, 3 name changes since the McAlpine.

I might be blowing it all out of proportion, they might have a deal in the bag to exclusively supply the A-League in Australia or some other grand contract, but I'll still say when I look at this deal and how important it is to them, they should have spent an extra 5 grand making sure their website was bang on, who are their directors, it tells you to meet them but you can't.

Where are they based? How many employees do they have, who are their customers? How will they deliver the product? Are they a real company? There is no "contact us" section on their website, have they got an office somewhere?

They must have expected publicity from this and yet they're not prepared to take advantage of it?

I think no one is too bothered as our ground if fairly new and not really named after anything really. If our ground was called something like 'Steve bloomer stadium', 'brian clough road' or 'john harkes lane' then there might be more ill feeling. Or if it was the bbg that was renamed. Hey, we could sell the rights to the old bbg and all reference to it has to by it's new sponsor name.

I think sillybilly makes some good points that everyone will just sell their name and no one will then have an advantage. Then again, everyone has something ***** on their shirt already.

Has anyone ever heard how arsenal fans talk about 'the emirates' without a single thought of how freaking lame that sounds."hey grandad, tell me about how you once saw ozil play at our ground, what did u call it back then, oh yeah it was 'the emirates', that old airline that belonged to some old middle eastern dynasty long before the final arab uprising and chinese invasion".

Also, i think i know how ipro are gonna sell loads of drinks. I just tried one. Gave me a real buzz then i felt really low. So i had another. Same thing again so had one more. I can't stop man. It's like liquid crack. I want more. I want more. I want more. Now.

Yeah but then we've got to change the name again.

Look at Huddersfield, 3 name changes since the McAlpine.

I might be blowing it all out of proportion, they might have a deal in the bag to exclusively supply the A-League in Australia or some other grand contract, but I'll still say when I look at this deal and how important it is to them, they should have spent an extra 5 grand making sure their website was bang on, who are their directors, it tells you to meet them but you can't.

Where are they based? How many employees do they have, who are their customers? How will they deliver the product? Are they a real company? There is no "contact us" section on their website, have they got an office somewhere?

They must have expected publicity from this and yet they're not prepared to take advantage of it?

I doubt they are expecting anyone to ring up this week and order 100000 million bottles of ipro just because they are sponsoring Pride Park but take your point.

How naive some of the people are on this forum.

Our turnover is roughly 17 million per year. We find a revenue source that will generate just under 5% for an investment in the region of about £50k to alter signage and put new signage up. Does anyone really care the name is changing?

I suspect there will be quarterly payments in the contract. I also suspect there may be an initial payment up front and I am sure there are many clauses in the contract. Promotion to the Premiership, or relegation will see this change in value no doubt.

None of us in here have heard of IPro. Well take one logicial step here all and think that when you have heart of a company, they need to do marketing! This is marketing to them and will have a Nationwide appeal. Ten years will be long enough for th new name to become the 'norm'. Everyone knows when we say King Power we think of Leicester and when we say Ricoh you think of Coventry. (although the latter is not for the football club). It takes a few years to generate the branding effectively but this will do it. I am sure included in the deal will be advertising on the boards, advertising on the outside screens, advertising in the programmes and officially, where we play will be called IPro stadium.

The crux of this is whether they have the ability to deliver. Short term I am sure (I hope!) that Sam Rush will have done financial checks and this company will have proven they have the cash reserves to make payments. After that, it probably will require IPro to start generating income streams which makes them self sufficient but their own business model and forecasts will budget the payments in.

I say well done to Sam Rush for the recent changes at DCFC. As a club we really seem to have stepped up professionalism and I for one applaud that.

So, much ido about nothing in the end. 700k a year is neither here nor there in the greater scheme of things but PP is not a sacred name so no big deal either way for me.

I have no idea of the ethics or morals of the fizzy drink makers but as its a start up company there's no issues atm.

If it was wonga or some other bunch of ***** who prey on other people's misfortune i'd never step foot inside ipride park again.

Football's never been raite since we sold our soul to Saab!

Archived