Yeovil Town v Derby County

Alph

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Played weell against a poor team. Played some nice stuff and scored good goals. Never looked like conceding

Russell starting to look the business. Freeman was excellent today roo.

It was very easy, if we'd have tried we could have scored 6.

Good away day? Not that we'll be doing it again any time soon (touch wood)

Think we'd have taken 7 points from first 4 fixtures, especially with bogey team Leicester and away at Brighton.

Couple of winnable home games now before we can see if our away form has really changed.

All those ridiculous posts after the Blackburn disaster look even stupider in the context of a decent start.

I'm liking the look of our squad for the first times in ages. Actual options plus decent backup. So far so good.

No need to antagonise! Whilst I accept you are only as good as your last game, you shouldn't rewrite history or pretend things weren't the way they actually were. I'll get over the Blackburn game, but I'm not going to pretend that I wasn't unhappy. On the flip-side, just cos our Premier League season was a disaster, I don't pretend I wasn't actually crying tears of joy at Wembley and why should I?

As it happens, today sounds a really good and positive result, and maybe, just maybe, the start of things 'clicking' into place. Yeovil may go on to be the whipping boys, but they're no mugs and their manager is pretty good at putting a spanner in the works for the opposition.

I predicted Martin would make a contribution this season and many on here shot me down, and whilst I'd like him to stand up for a bit longer when touched by the opposition, you don't see me going to all those posters who called me clueless etc for it. Similarly, someone posted about Russell recently and I said he needs threaded passes to run onto facing goal, what happened today, exactly that.

I'm happy about today's result. In recent years, Clough would've played for 0-0, Thank you Nigel.

just got back, very good result for us, they were quite poor and we played well, the result was deserved. russell, bryson and freeman all had very good games, particularly bryson. we had a couple of chances to make it four or five as well. only negatives were jeff's injury and an under-par performance by forsyth. nice little ground down there as well, good family atmosphere but sadly cant see them being here much longer.

oh and well done to the lad who nicked the ball and ran away from the stewards, good work.

Archived