Yeovil Town v Derby County

Alph

it's a super finish

a few other things that struck me were the fact that russell was there to knock in the second had bryson not been there, the quality of the pass out to ward for the third and the fact that martin seems a composed finisher too. (remember the winner against brighton)

looking forward to tomorrow...

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched it on RamsPlayer. Thought Derby looked superb in the first half especially.

Hughes and Hendrick were moving and passing very well. Freeman was a rock.

Can't even have a decent moan.

My only moan was Forsyth - surprised that has gone under the radar, if anyone would be kind enough to look back through the game, and focus on forsyth I would like to know how many times his man beat him to how many times he stopped him (beat him 80% would be my guess) and his overall pass completion (from a pass to another red white who can control it, not a pass to someones head for instance, I would say around 30%) a very poor game for me, and shouldn't go under the radar because of the win!

This is very nice to see though; taken from a yeovil blog on newsnow..

Yet you sense from manager Gary Johnson's pre-match interview (interesting given what transpired) and his unexpected 4-5-1 formation, that this was precisely what he was afraid of happening. Check out Gary's comments about the need to stop Derby from clocking up 600 passes in a game, and you get the idea that he knew that sort of goal was possible. Yet, even packing the midfield was an extra player wasn't good enough to stop Derby breezing their way through. Let's hope that it transpires that the Rams are one of the more exceptional sides in the division, and that we saw the extreme of what we are up against this season, rather than the norm. 

High praise for our midfield. 

Watched it on RamsPlayer. Thought Derby looked superb in the first half especially.

Hughes and Hendrick were moving and passing very well. Freeman was a rock.

Can't even have a decent moan.

Whilst Freeman had his moments, it's also true to say that Dawson (right wing) was their best player in the first half, but Davis (left wing) was their most dangerous in the second half. Make of that what you will, but Davis certainly got into the penalty area on a number of occasions having taken it past Freeman and others.

Anyone at this game can tell you what a player Luke Ayling is, have a look at his goal against Birmingham last night.

Genuinely didn't notice anyone standing out for Yeovil! Ngoo was massive but that's not a compliment in itself. I was looking out for Upson and Edwards who are highly rated central midfielders, were totally over ran though.

Ayling and Dawson were thorns in our side, massively (right hand sided players) Ayling for me was perhaps the best player on the pitch but that's another story.

prominently a right footed player, lashed a left footed drive into the top corner from 25 yards out - class goal.

Ayling and Dawson were thorns in our side, massively (right hand sided players) Ayling for me was perhaps the best player on the pitch but that's another story.

prominently a right footed player, lashed a left footed drive into the top corner from 25 yards out - class goal.

Crackers will be doing that soon!

B4, me and my mate met a lad at half time in the queue for a cuppa at one of those green kiosk things in the away end who was complaining about a 6 hour coach trip. That wasn't you was it - about five four or so, mid brown hair and glasses? i was in the 2 year old adidas shirt whereas mate had lashed out on one of the new red ones. We gave up queueing having spent the entire half time break shuflling about 18 inches closer to the front.

Good day out tho...

Archived