Will Hughes - Summer 2013 rumours

-JW-

Guys - chill out.

Its tabloids taking stuff from the DET article out of context • slapping £10m price as blowing us out of the water and picking a club that was linked before.

Clough says he's confident we can keep hold of him its good enough for me at the moment.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many Burton/Ilkeston/Mikleover/Alfreton players would £10m buy? 

How many decent fans who would be prepared to SUPPORT (remember that word, Troy?) the club would it buy?

How many Burton/Ilkeston/Mikleover/Alfreton players would £10m buy? 

Lots... That was a rather silly question wasn't it?

Also, please note that Burton could be a league 1 team next year... Are you saying you don't want to sign anyone from league 1?

Lots... That was a rather silly question wasn't it?

Also, please note that Burton could be a league 1 team next year... Are you saying you don't want to sign anyone from league 1?

They most definitely won't be a league one team next season.. 100% infact, i'd bet my life on it...  :lol:

They most definitely won't be a league one team next season.. 100% infact, i'd bet my life on it...  :lol:

Awww didn't realise they'd played the 2nd leg already... That's a shame...

Still the point stands... would anyone claim Jacobs was a poor signing?

So because I don't agree with the management, I don't support the club? 

SUPPORT YOUR FUHRER!!!

To tell the truth, I think you're a bit of a drama queen, Troy. I don't think that anyone doubts your support of the club, but please get a humour or sarcasm transplant before you read any more of my posts.

To tell the truth, I think you're a bit of a drama queen, Troy. I don't think that anyone doubts your support of the club, but please get a humour or sarcasm transplant before you read any more of my posts.

You made me cry. I hope you're happy now. 

• 3 weeks later...

Newcastle United join queue of clubs chasing Will Hughes

NEWCASTLE United are interested in Derby County wonderkid Will Hughes, The Journal can reveal.

Hughes is one of the most coveted young English talents in the game, and has been linked with Manchester City, Arsenal and even Barcelona in recent months. But United have been monitoring him for more than a year, and are once again keeping tabs on his availability this summer.

Newcastle will hold meetings over the next seven days to determine their recruitment policy and the size of the budget that will be available to overhaul a squad that appears in need of refreshing to meet the club’s minimum top ten target.

But they have several long-term targets who may be made available this summer – including the highly-coveted Hughes.

Derby want to keep hold of the 18-year-old but accept that they may be forced to let him go if a Premier League club tables a significant bid in the close season.

Unlike the other clubs linked with him, United would be able to offer Hughes regular first team football in a midfield engine room that could be re-shaped by the sale of Cheick Tioté if interest from Russian club Lokomotiv Moscow is firmed up. That would be a significant bargaining tool if Derby decide to cash in on their biggest asset.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2013/05/31/61634-33407979/?

Archived