Brighton & Hove Albion v Derby County

-JW-

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't at the game (bloody work) and had to rely on a sneaky Twitter feed.

But what a fantastic result, really didn't expect it.

Couple of questions for those who went (when they get back) and those who listened to RD.

1. How did Eustace play? When I saw his name I feared the worst (in terms of the reaction on here if we threw it away again) but BHA only had an effort or two after that. Much to do with him?

2. How far does this result go to ease frustration after last week's result? I mean, we were all irritated by that (some of us still) and we could have six out of six now, but we'd have taken a win and a draw before them, and if the results were reversed we'd be happy. It's still something, no?

What a fantastic result, we never beat Brighton!!! full credit to Nigel for the positive way he set up the team for this game. The diamond midfield worked very well. Hughes behind the front two and Coutts getting the balance on the right.

Martin so close to a hat trick. Owen Bradley asking him during his interview he should have had longer toes!!

Excellent idea to put Ward on the bench as well. 

Onwards and upwards... just well peed Fo***t scored in the 90th minute, typical Billy Davies team

Well he needs to get used to it because he isn't good enough to start for anyone!

Way to go Srg - if the team get a good result then just insult a player who didnt get on the pitch.

Though the b*****d set up our winner last game.

Me and my boy went, in with the brighton fans. I could have sworn coutts was on the right and hendrick holding? Martin had a great game, as did freeman - fabulous ball for martins second. Buxton was immense as well - he gets criticised far to unfairly in my opinion.

I would have loved to know what the score would have been if we started with ward and jacobs wide - their full backs were *****! All the brighton fans were raving about hughes, and I thought he had a quiet game - go figure.....

How did Grant do? He is a great shot stopper, far better than anyone we have had under Clough.

It seems to me that Grant makes a decision and goes through with it, whereas I felt both Frankie and Legzdins were apt to change their minds.

He comes to collect corners, we havent really had anybody that does that since Poom...and he collected every corner. it was almost pointless taking one :)

Even if we was in top 6 form i would have been happy with a point today against brighton, easily makes up for the blackburn game. Another decent performance and some points against leicester would be a pretty decent start so far.

I agree though, we really need another decent defender, one that is good in the air. 

I agree though, we really need another decent defender, one that is good in the air. 

Don't you think you are being a bit hard on Keogh? He does his best.

Archived