Brighton & Hove Albion v Derby County

-JW-

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wanted to wait until watching the game again before commenting on this - and apologies if if it's been mentioned, I haven't trawled through.

We seem to be playing some interchanging midfield tactic, where any of the middle four can take any of the midfield spots. Bryson, Hughes, Hendrick and Coutts were scattered all over the middle of the park, switching round, covering for each other. I couldn't get my head round it but watching back we looked brilliant in midfield.

I liked it.

Having watched the game now I think it's fair to say that in the first half we were the best team, kept the ball well, movement was good and we didn't look in much trouble. There was a spell from 50-75 mins where we were under pressure but even then Brighton didn't create much clear cut apart from a header that hit the post. We rode our luck a little bit and the midfield went a bit missing/were bypassed by long diagonal balls but you expect to have the home side in control of possession for periods in this league.

I think we gave away a little too many free kicks in the final third and could do with cutting out some of the soft fouls, especially as I'm not too confident of us defending crosses. Russell worked hard but couldn't get in the game today, perhaps tried a little too hard to make things work. When Brighton were on top for that spell Hughes struggled to get on the ball, might have been an idea to drop him a bit deeper and push Bryson on one to see if Hughes could get hold of the ball from our defence. Ultimately, we kept our heads and the introduction of Eustace allowed us to regain a bit of control in the final 10 minutes.

Overall though it was a solid away performance, Grant, Freeman, Buxton, Keogh, Coutts and Martin were the stand out players for me. Everyone else put in a shift and wins bring confidence. The Leicester game is now important because you want to back up 3 points away from home with 3 more at home. COYR

What's the Alpha? You want a ban?

I'm thinking of starting my own forum anyway. 'Dcfcfanz' I've got the mod team sorted.

Panasonic Rabbit

Trigger

Toadddd

BirdRam

Unambitous

CarlislegetthrashedeveryweekRam

Gregular,update/predctionleague#Ram

Stoke-On-Trent-ish Ram

Hucknall(who?)Hucknall TownRam

HadToDaveogoogle-'Davenport'-TurnsOutToBeStockportAreaRam

Just a little something I picked up, but if you're watching the full 90, did anyone else see Agustien for Brighton shoving and pushing Martin when we had a corner at around 42:55?

Then when he scored his 2nd, he went past him and said something back to him, most likely rubbing it in! Haha.

you forgot jamie shot right at the death really unluckly not to score

That's true, he did. The commentator yelled GOA - just wide.

I was trying to keep up with the commentary feed for the match chat and had to wipe that bit.

Ooooo, he came close though.

Wanted to wait until watching the game again before commenting on this - and apologies if if it's been mentioned, I haven't trawled through.

We seem to be playing some interchanging midfield tactic, where any of the middle four can take any of the midfield spots. Bryson, Hughes, Hendrick and Coutts were scattered all over the middle of the park, switching round, covering for each other. I couldn't get my head round it but watching back we looked brilliant in midfield.

I liked it.

I couldn't figure the formation out either tbh. Diamond seems to be what people are saying but it seemed to be just 'play where you like' and it worked well.

I'm going to watch it again, see if I was being harsh.

I'd had a few beers also.

Watched it back yet fella?

Have to say it was more even than I thought in the second half but it was quite a high quality match(especially for this league).

First half I felt like we were the better side. Second half that we completed the sort of away performance I don't mind at all. We seemed to push at the right times and dig in when we needed. Going to Brighton I don't think you would expect anyone to do much better? To score 2 and create a couple of scoring opportunities well only giving Brighton the same amount of opportunities but enduring slightly better ball retention (I've not seen stats though?) makes me pretty happy.

I did at the time feel like we were going to score when we went forward because we seemed confident for a change. It was reckless compared to what we often see? Lol

Another reason I tried to watch all our games back on RamsPlayer last year. The change of opinion on some players from when you're caught in the moment.

Freeman wasn't as good as I thought. Still good but I had him as being even better.

Hendrick better than I thought. Much better.

I've only watched the first half back. Agree Hendrick was better than I thought as well. Forsyth and Russell were worst than I thought though, Forsyth gave the ball away so often. Not been very impressed with Russell so far, has done f*ck all in both league games.

We definitely shaded the first half, think both sides had 1 clear cut chance each and took it. Thought it was pretty drab in an attacking sense but we did keep possession well. We created a couple of half chances from the edge of the box, which was more than they could muster. They should have had a penno though, stupid from Coutts.

I love Coutts, he's such a little c*nt, always moaning, mouthing off, time wasting, making niggly fouls. Just got that face of someone who used to live on a council estate, play for some absolute thug like Sunday side and get in fights with people cos they looked at him funny. 

Just a little something I picked up, but if you're watching the full 90, did anyone else see Agustien for Brighton shoving and pushing Martin when we had a corner at around 42:55?

Then when he scored his 2nd, he went past him and said something back to him, most likely rubbing it in! Haha.

I did, it was in the highlights too. It looked like he was trying to keep him off the field! :lol: 

I've only watched the first half back. Agree Hendrick was better than I thought as well. Forsyth and Russell were worst than I thought though, Forsyth gave the ball away so often. Not been very impressed with Russell so far, has done f*ck all in both league games.

We definitely shaded the first half, think both sides had 1 clear cut chance each and took it. Thought it was pretty drab in an attacking sense but we did keep possession well. We created a couple of half chances from the edge of the box, which was more than they could muster. They should have had a penno though, stupid from Coutts.

I love Coutts, he's such a little c*nt, always moaning, mouthing off, time wasting, making niggly fouls. Just got that face of someone who used to live on a council estate, play for some absolute thug like Sunday side and get in fights with people cos they looked at him funny. 

Coutts is beginning to remind me a little of Alan Durban.

Archived