Brighton & Hove Albion v Derby County

-JW-

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a little unfair, to sort every fan into two groups and make out that the ones you disagree with are stubborn and bias is just silly. I mean people either value him or under appreciate him? What about the option of people just thinking he's not that good a player?

Am i the only person that gets really nervous every time we concede an indirect free kick or corner?

I didnt used to when we had barker and moore at the back...

I like Keogh and Buxton but i think that they should be fighting for the same place in the team.  We need a big strong centre half that is great in the air whilst Shaun Barker is injured. Someone that can head it to the halfway line when the ball is in the box.

We limited Brighton down to half chances and forward crosses and Ulloa managed to score one and hit the post... Both Buxton and Keogh get stuck in to tackles on the ground but i think that they are a liability in the air. Particularly Keogh, who sometimes struggles to get his headers far enough out of the box, allowing the opposition to have a second chance on goal.

Ulloa had his beating yesterday and Keogh was to blame for both his chances. The second one could have easily gone in.

All in all a good performance, but if we really want to push for the top 6 we need a commanding centre half who wins everything in the air.

Some changes in the team and formation but the biggest difference this season is Martin is fitter than last season.

Probably right, he looks so much sharper which comes with fitness.

I think the wavelength and his decision making have come to our level too, relieved the pressure countless times yesterday by winning freekicks, uses his body really well.

His performance yesterday is the kind of performance I'd expected to see from the 1.2 million pound valued striker Connor Sammon, not a freebie from Norwich.

Personally I don't think we need to buy a new CB (what with OB and Barker eventually returning) but it would be good to get (as Jacko said) an aerially dominant CB to rotate between Keogh and Bucko.

Best way would be to get a nice short loan from a PL side, for rotation purposes.

I think it's perfectly fair to suggest that there is no middle ground when it comes to opinions regarding the ability of Jake Buxton.

I will go as far as to suggest that many people's opinion of Buxton has never changed since even before they ever saw him pull on a Derby shirt. Not good enough on paper, therefore not good enough period. 

You're just wrong then, and this conversation seems as good as over.

From what I've seen of Chris Martin, reminds me of Marco Gabbiadini, with less pace, Marco was strong as a ox, good in the air and linked up superbly with whoever he played with. Also manages to get a lot of fouls against him which either buys time or sets up a decent attacking opportunity, early days but is he going to be the best striker for us this season?

From what I've seen of Chris Martin, reminds me of Marco Gabbiadini, with less pace, Marco was strong as a ox, good in the air and linked up superbly with whoever he played with. Also manages to get a lot of fouls against him which either buys time or sets up a decent attacking opportunity, early days but is he going to be the best striker for us this season?

Think he'll be a key player. He might be too much of a team player to out-score whoever is his permanent partner? Russell?

Think he'll be a key player. He might be too much of a team player to out-score whoever is his permanent partner? Russell?

We definitely have the firepower at our disposal. Think how many clean sheets we keep will be the most challenging part of our season

Huzzah! The formation was fluid away from home for about the 4th time in 100years?!?!

Like Wolves away last year! We attacked!!!

We fookin attacked all game!!! We attacked and tried to score!!!

Martin - told you he was good! Told you mutherfuthers!! Ball to his feet. If you want shadows chasing and pressure use Sammon. Martin gets it at his feet and he gives you a point to work from. He relieves pressure because it sticks and he's getting comfy with Hughes.

Hughes is **** version of an Iniesta/Xavi cross clone. If we sell him for less than 2,000 Barker type fees then we're mad.

Freeman is surprisingly good. The expectations are to replace that Bradford? Broadfoot? That ginger fella we sold. A bit unfair considering the lack of experience but he's started alright you know? I can think of worse.

Forsyth... Stop hoofing mate. You're better than that. We've seen it,

Might aswell promote us now.

Get into them and touch em up!

Really?

Wouldnt say we were attacking, thought the game was pretty even. Apart from the goals there was barely any clear cut chances. Dont think their keeper made a save all game. Our first goal was fortunate aswell.

Not a fan of the 4312, far to narrow, would much prefer to see Jacobs and Ward out there, more pace and width.

We were very organised and hard to break down, was a solid performance with Martin standing out whilst the rest were workmanlike.

Was far more impressed with the performance at Wolves last season.

Russell was dog **** as well, strikes me as one of those strikers where all hes going to offer is goals, if he isnt scoring hes not going to do much else.

Just looked at the (slightly) extended highlights for their goal, it was just so avoidable before any cross came into the box.

Buxton in midfield plays it back to Keogh, who had time to keep the ball and pick a pass to Freeman or Forsyth but turned and passed it quickly to Grant, who in turn had time to control it and find a pass but instead chose to punt it downfield first time trying to find Martin on the half way line running back towards his own goal, it's a loose pass and is picked up by their player who plays a 1-2 and goes on to cross it for the goal.

All it would have taken was a bit of calmness and a little more movement in finding space and there'd have been no chance of conceding.

Archived