Richard Dunne

belper.dcfc

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just clicked, if Dunne comes in, bucko loses his place! That's why they're crying about it!

For me, Buxton is about as guaranteed a place as Keogh.

Dunne is deceptively fast over short distances for such a 'unit'.

This deal if it happened could be what the Alan Stubbs deal was meant to be in 2008!

Whilst I think this signing is very unlikely, it would turn us from playoff hopefulls into possible automatic contenders, especially if Brayford does stay and we get in Forsyth or other decent LB.

We'd then have a starting 4-3-3 eleven with decent players on bench who could come in and do a good job eg Jake, OB, Freeman, Davies, Coutts, Martin (say), Bennett, Tyson (perhaps)

Like I said, unlikley Dunne would join, but hopefully hints at the sort of older, experienced CB that could get us up.

Derby County manager Nigel Clough has suggested he would be interested in signing Richard Dunne if the experienced defender is prepared to drop down to the Championship following his release by Aston Villa. The Rams boss said: "If the possibility became available down the line, we would look at it. But I think he will be looking to stay in the league above for now."

from SSN.

Would there be any harm in trying Nigel?

Nowt like aiming high... Some bloke called Brian Clough did.

Indeed.

And although there really is little to compare the two players, some of the nous that Clough senior used to get Dave MacKay to Derby must have rubbed off on Clough junior.

Go do the voodoo that you do so, er, averagely.

Would there be any harm in trying Nigel?

Nowt like aiming high... Some bloke called Brian Clough did.

Are you assuming that he isn't trying?

Indeed.

And although there really is little to compare the two players, some of the nous that Clough senior used to get Dave MacKay to Derby must have rubbed off on Clough junior.

Go do the voodoo that you do so, er, averagely.

Awesome quote, Hedy. To go alongside

"Hey! Where de white women at?"

"A wed wose. How womantic."

and my personal favourite....

"Mongo only pawn - in game of life!"

haha some people just don't get sarcasm.

Sorry, my bad.

When you were talking about "...trying Nigel" I naturally thought that you were discussing your sexual preferences.

He would be a great addition to our squad. Last season's biggest weakness would become our biggest strength, (defending set pieces and crosses). If of course we factor in his influence on our other defenders and Grant being OK-Good with that side of his game. 

Archived