Richard Dunne

belper.dcfc

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds as though Clough was keeping his hand close to his chest. Of course, he could just be bewildered by it all.

Nah, obviously he's so far behind other proper managers, he had no idea who richard dunne was and had to google him in between tea breaks on his learn how to be a manager course.

If the journo hadn't asked him, he'd still be none the wiser.

He'd never even heard of Dick Dunne or Ireland before friday.

Nah, obviously he's so far behind other proper managers, he had no idea who richard dunne was and had to google him in between tea breaks on his learn how to be a manager course.

If the journo hadn't asked him, he'd still be none the wiser.

He'd never even heard of Dick Dunne or Ireland before friday.

Thanks, that explains it.

Hull City are keen on free agent Richard Dunne, to add to a side that has already welcomed defenders Maynor Figueroa and Curtis Davies. 

Manager Steve Bruce has always admired the centre-back and wants some experience to help his defence in their return to the Premier League. 

Dunne missed last season with injury but has proved his fitness with games for the Republic of Ireland this summer.

Dunne signed for Villa back in 2009 for a fee of £5million from Manchester City, and formed a strong partnership at the back with Welshman James Collins.

His solid performances in the top flight have alerted Hull, while Derby have also shown interest but the 33-year-old is keen on a Premier League return. - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2352054/Hull-ponder-injury-plagued-Richard-Dunne.html

Hull have signed Davies and Figoroa, so there's two new CB's along with Chester, Hobbs (going I think) Faye (old, injury prone). They do play with 3 centre halfs though so I can see reasoning behind another CB, although 3 in one transfer window?

Let em have Dunne we'll take Hobbs ;)

I don't know how anyone can be against the signing of Dunne.

He's played his entire career at the top level, captained City and with 450 odd games under his belt he is the experienced player we've been missing.

If he's fit now and his injured plagued season is behind him, I see no reason not to take a punt on him.

Owen Bradley says there's no truth in the Dunne rumours

Boooo Clough Out

I'm just going to abbreviate it now to BCO.

@CupidStuntDCFC: @OwenBradley I imagine its just Twitter rumours, but is there any truth in the Richard Dunne to Derby stuff? #dcfcfans

@OwenBradley: @CupidStuntDCFC @ossieram no truth.

What's your point though? Are you saying Owen Bradley is better informed of Cloughs opinion than Clough himself?

Archived