Richard Dunne

belper.dcfc

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should like him here. IF he is fit what he lacks in mobility he will make up for in experience and positioning. Why are we concerned about his wages? If he plays for us he fits in with our structure. Hope we get him. Just what we need.

Exactly.

No doubt the people saying oh he hasnt played in a year are the people who think Shaun Barker will come back fine after 2 years out!

He keeps Keogh out the Ireland team so he must be an improvement.

can't understand the negativity towards him, provided we don't pay silly wages (highly doubt we would), on a 1-2 year contract and he stays fit, he could be an absolutely brilliant signing. 

talismanic centre half.

It's just clicked, if Dunne comes in, bucko loses his place! That's why they're crying about it!

can't understand the negativity towards him, provided we don't pay silly wages (highly doubt we would), on a 1-2 year contract and he stays fit, he could be an absolutely brilliant signing. 

talismanic centre half.

It's much easier to be negative. Then if it doesn't turn out well, they can say "Told you so". If it does work out..well, it was lucky :)

Not sure why people are so negative against him? He's got an injury record but so did Commons. He's a premiership standard centre back when he's fit, and has bag loads of experience. Be handy to have around for a year to see if Barker and OB get back to the standard before. Also the effect he'd have around Moor Farm with the younger lads would be huge.

Could prove to be a very astute signing if it works.

Not sure why people are so negative against him? He's got an injury record but so did Commons. He's a premiership standard centre back when he's fit, and has bag loads of experience. Be handy to have around for a year to see if Barker and OB get back to the standard before. Also the effect he'd have around Moor Farm with the younger lads would be huge.

Could prove to be a very astute signing if it works.

Also if we get Dunne, a signing of his stature could persuade Brayford to extend his contract.

How anyone can speculate on his wage packet is beyond me - the only way his wages would be 'high' would be if someone was willing to pay them, is it not?

As I said in another thread - if we could get any sort of fitness out of him, we'd have easily one of the best centre backs in the division

37 apps in 09/10
32 apps in 10/11
28 apps in 11/12

so it seems like he hit a bit of a rocky part this season, I think all transfers are gambles - and I wouldn't like to guess how this one would pan out.

Archived