Richard Dunne

belper.dcfc

I've been monitoring this thread for a while now. We've got 9 pages and only a brief passing comment from our manager, so how long before classic dcfcfans.co.uk hyperbole comes in and this becomes a "transfer saga"?

I also predict that by page 24, when the picture of Richard Dunne holding a Hull City scarf above is head is posted on here, that the usual "same old broken promises" and "why do we tell the whole world our transfer targets" comments will arise.

Until then, I'm heading outside to catch some rays.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been monitoring this thread for a while now. We've got 9 pages and only a brief passing comment from out manager, so how long before classic dcfcfans.co.uk hyperbole comes in and this becomes a "transfer saga"?

I also predict that by page 24, when the picture of Richard Dunne holding a Hull City scarf above is head is posted on here, that the usual "same old broken promises" and "why do we tell the whole world our transfer targets" comments will arise.

Until then, I'm heading outside to catch some rays.

wish I could catch rays, just clouds over here :(

I'll be gutted if Dunne ends up at a Championship Club. We should be able to offer him first team football, near his home, a decent, not amazing but decent wage, and Rush/Cloguh should at least be able to bullsh1t him that we are going for top six.

This would be a bigger coup than Russell and would in my opinion put another thousand on the gate as he contributes to wins. Brayford, Keough, Dunne, Forsythe on paper looks extremely good.

Go out there and make this a Dunne deal Rush!

I'll be gutted if Dunne ends up at a Championship Club. We should be able to offer him first team football, near his home, a decent, not amazing but decent wage, and Rush/Cloguh should at least be able to bullsh1t him that we are going for top six.

This would be a bigger coup than Russell and would in my opinion put another thousand on the gate as he contributes to wins. Brayford, Keough, Dunne, Forsythe on paper looks extremely good.

Go out there and make this a Dunne deal Rush!

He played for Villa.. And City when they were crap. A thousand on the gate might well be goin overboard.

Dunne is clearly after 2 things..

1. One last decent paycheck

2. One last challenge

Derby can offer him neither.. As our biggest challenge is trying not to finish more than 10 points behind Forest and Leicester and the maximum we can offer him is probably only 25% of what he earns now..

2. One last challenge

Derby can offer him neither.. As our biggest challenge is trying not to finish more than 10 points behind Forest and Leicester and the maximum we can offer him is probably only 25% of what he earns now..

Agree with point 1, but surely if we are as crap as you say this only serves to increase the size of point 2.

Or were you just being provocative as usual?

2. One last challenge

"http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfskbtLUR51qbs1cu" alt="tumblr_lfskbtLUR51qbs1cu">

By the time the season starts, Dunne will have gone 18 months since his last competitive club game.

No club in their right mind would offer him a large salary and I would be very surprised if he had any Premiership takers.

A two-year deal with a progressive Championship club would be the best he can hope for.

Just the type of player we need I feel.

If he's fit enough and will take 10k a week then let's sign him up along with Eustace to add that grit and experience.

How anyone can suggest that we cannot provide a challenge is nonsense. Name a challenge better than coming to a club of our stature and getting them promoted to the Premier League. We have the infrastructure in place that many others lack.

By the time the season starts, Dunne will have gone 18 months since his last competitive club game.

No club in their right mind would offer him a large salary and I would be very surprised if he had any Premiership takers.

A two-year deal with a progressive Championship club would be the best he can hope for.

Just the type of player we need I feel.

If he's fit enough and will take 10k a week then let's sign him up along with Eustace to add that grit and experience.

How anyone can suggest that we cannot provide a challenge is nonsense. Name a challenge better than coming to a club of our stature and getting them promoted to the Premier League. We have the infrastructure in place that many others lack.

Head of nail, well and truely hit

Archived