FIFA 14

SuperSheep

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, you made a new paragraph about graphics, but it certainly wasn't clear that you'd moved on from 'EA don't give a **** about gameplay'. it looked like you were about to talk about what's so wrong with the gameplay, but your main criticisms in the post were just about graphics!

Rockstar have had over 5 years to make GTA V, might as well call it 7 years if we're adding on extra development time from before a previous release like you have done stating 18 months for Fifa all the time.

That's 5 years without having to release something new each year and to focus on getting absolutely everything in it just right, not having to release a game with whatever progress they've made in that year, every year as a new update. If GTA V was released 2 years ago it would be half the game it looks like it's going to be. If it was released about 6 months ago as originally planned it'd not be to the standard it MAY be today, but Rockstar have the option of delaying it, developers of a sports game don't have that luxury.

Regardless, you're comparing 2 games that are worlds apart in what the whole development process and methods, with different requirements, different AI systems, different everything. Just because Rockstar MIGHT have a great technical achievement on their hands (we've not really seen how it performs outside of developer released videos) doesn't mean that the developers of FIFA or PES or any other game aren't also pushing the hardware available to them in completely different ways.

I don't know why you keep trying to drag PES into the conversation as if I've tried to compare the two. I didn't touch a Fifa game from about 2003-2010 thanks to PES. My fondest memories of football games is playing PES2 & PES3 on the PS2... but honestly I could not give 2 ***** about editing players faces and an indoor mode. I would love it if Fifa had a career mode that even came close to the Master League though.

I'm not INTERESTED in tired old fanboyish arguments about 'oh it's too arcadey' and such like. Fifa is Fifa, PES is PES. They both have strong points and weak points.

Have better memories of Pro Evo.

You used to start with a team of nobodies if you wanted? Minanda? Castillo? Then I bought Recoba and it got magical!

I think everyone pretty much made the switch to Fifa in the same year? Was it FIFA 08 that started looking the part? FIFA 10 was a masterpiece. FIFA 11 was pants.

But I'll never forget those Pro Evo days.

Did anyone play ISS? Sensible Soccer? This Is Football? FIFA 94/95?

Or Super Kick Off I think it was called? Not sure which console but it was awesome.

First started the Konami games with ISS on PS1, and yep also got a lot of enjoyment out of This Is Football, shoddy as it looks now. I remember TIF for nearly every player looking like David O'Leary!

There was also some Champions League branded games on ps2, before Konami bought that license, but I can't seem to find much info on them, can't remember who made them or owt.

This is football was fecking genius  :lol:

my personal favourite football game of all-time, and never had anywhere near the amount of excitement since...

".gamefaqs.net/screens/8/6/e/gfs_33956_2_6" alt="gfs_33956_2_6">

Revameli  :) what a player melgini was though, truly world class. 

You used to start with a team of nobodies if you wanted? Minanda? Castillo? Then I bought Recoba and it got magical!

I think everyone pretty much made the switch to Fifa in the same year? Was it FIFA 08 that started looking the part? FIFA 10 was a masterpiece. FIFA 11 was pants.

But I'll never forget those Pro Evo days.

Did anyone play ISS? Sensible Soccer? This Is Football? FIFA 94/95?

Or Super Kick Off I think it was called? Not sure which console but it was awesome.

Castillo, Miranda, Ximenes, Cellini, Valery! Those were days! PES used to be great back then but you're right it went to **** around 08/09.

I remember playing This is Football and thinking it was quite fun but not as god as PES or FIFA

I loved starting with the default players. Even several years in on Master League with titles and Champions League wins I still had Castolo in my team at the age of about 38. He was useful to bring on late because his hold up play was brilliant.

I loved starting with the default players. Even several years in on Master League with titles and Champions League wins I still had Castolo in my team at the age of about 38. He was useful to bring on late because his hold up play was brilliant.

He was pretty quick too wasn't he?

Good old days eh? :(

Remember FA Premier League stars for EA when Bradford, Wimbledon and Watford were in the Prem.

Last FIFA I properly played was 2003, then I got into the management games and have always prefered motor racing sims.

Best thing about the early 90s-late 2000 FIFAs is that you hack the keeper and you could trade Kevin Harper for Ronaldo/Figo.

Archived