FIFA 14

SuperSheep

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sincereely hope that anyone considering themselves to be good on this aren't playing it with assisted passing, shooting or crossing.

Semi assisted shooting is the most you should have or else you're rubbish.

(You can have assisted keeper, but nobody plays as keeper anyway).

I've still not bought it actually, waiting on how the next gen versions turn out.

I'm not buying it this year. Borrowed my mates and all it seems they've done is rename things in career mode. The only thing they have done is that global transfer network which is aweful. Same messages at the beginning and end of career mode. Same player messages asking for more wages.

There is still the feeling of NO connection what so ever with your team. Poor show.

Picked this up after skipping 13 last year.

Have they done what they're doing with a lot, if not all, of the other EA games now and ditching the ability to play single seasons in league mode? I wanted to just play a season of the Championship but looks like the only way to do that is to start a career in either Manager or Player mode? Also haven't gotten the hang of transfers. Had a couple of million to spend so scouted a few players but didn't seem able to offer on them. I could enquire about them but that's about it, even though they're listed and well within my transfer/wage budget?!

Like the skill games, particularly when you're going into matches.

Currently top with the Rams after about 20 games. Beat Forest 1-0 at the dump thanks to a Cohen OG, and just beat Ipswich 1-0 at home thanks to a Eustace goal in injury time. Went out of the league cup 4-5 on pens to Spurs after drawing 1-1 after 120 mins. Gutted as Fish hit the fooking post with the last kick of the game.

Sammon and Martin up front seems to be working better for me than Russell and Martin. Martin's lethal, scored 12 goals so far.

Commentary - despite hearing some bits that have been there for ages now (like Reid, Andy Reid!), the commentary mentioning previous results and meetings is great, plus the additional anecdotal commentary. Good stuff.

Picked this up after skipping 13 last year.

Have they done what they're doing with a lot, if not all, of the other EA games now and ditching the ability to play single seasons in league mode? I wanted to just play a season of the Championship but looks like the only way to do that is to start a career in either Manager or Player mode? Also haven't gotten the hang of transfers. Had a couple of million to spend so scouted a few players but didn't seem able to offer on them. I could enquire about them but that's about it, even though they're listed and well within my transfer/wage budget?!

Like the skill games, particularly when you're going into matches.

Currently top with the Rams after about 20 games. Beat Forest 1-0 at the dump thanks to a Cohen OG, and just beat Ipswich 1-0 at home thanks to a Eustace goal in injury time. Went out of the league cup 4-5 on pens to Spurs after drawing 1-1 after 120 mins. Gutted as Fish hit the fooking post with the last kick of the game.

Sammon and Martin up front seems to be working better for me than Russell and Martin. Martin's lethal, scored 12 goals so far.

Commentary - despite hearing some bits that have been there for ages now (like Reid, Andy Reid!), the commentary mentioning previous results and meetings is great, plus the additional anecdotal commentary. Good stuff.

any new anecdotes about derby?

^^ Well I suppose they might not be new if they were in 13, but I skipped 13 so they're new to me. I noticed when I was playing the Scum that Smith was saying how he played against Forest but the great Derby side was just before his time blah blah blah.

I've just been playing FUT, haven't brought any packs and thought this time I'm going to try and make the most of it by making a bronze side, silver side, gold side...etc 

Just started on my bronze side really:

Sam Johnstone - Yeovil

Jamaal Lascelles - Forest
Dan Burn - Birmingham
Liam Moore - Leicester

Rohan Ince - Brighton

Ryan Tunnicliffe - Ipswich

Tommy Cywka - Barnsley

Jordan Obita - Reading
Jesse Lingard - Birmingham

Dom Poleon - Leeds United
Mason Bennett - Derby County

All championship - but there isn't many good bronze players unfortunately.

I've just been playing FUT, haven't brought any packs and thought this time I'm going to try and make the most of it by making a bronze side, silver side, gold side...etc 

Just started on my bronze side really:

Sam Johnstone - Yeovil

Jamaal Lascelles - Forest

Dan Burn - Birmingham

Liam Moore - Leicester

Rohan Ince - Brighton

Ryan Tunnicliffe - Ipswich

Tommy Cywka - Barnsley

Jordan Obita - Reading

Jesse Lingard - Birmingham

Dom Poleon - Leeds United

Mason Bennett - Derby County

All championship - but there isn't many good bronze players unfortunately.

I made a bronze team aswell and won the bronze online tournement, you need to sign ishmael miller, the guys a beast! Could also sneak Giles Barnes in there aswell if theres English players around him  :D

Archived