FIFA 14

SuperSheep

It doesnt feel realistic, it feels like your playing on wet cement. Your players slowly slide to a halt and slowly turn like there feet are stuck to the ground

It was too fast last year though? I altered those sliders just to make it anything like football. Found a solution online.

Has it still got sliders?

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From playing the demo it really is the same game. Are they entirely focused on the next gen version? I'd like to know where a years worth of work is on this!

I think most of their time's gone into redeveloping the career mode. Seems like there's going to be loads of changes to that from what I've read.

From playing the demo it really is the same game. Are they entirely focused on the next gen version? I'd like to know where a years worth of work is on this!

Of course they are, why would they develop anything new for an old console? FIFA 14 is just a reskin here's a few new features to keep the franchise going.

FIFA 15 is where you should really see the changes and make use of the new console specs.

Just had another couple of games.

The demo is riddled with bugs

I played one game Barceona v Man city.Joe hart wasnt even on the pitch the goal was empty.But the touch is alot better as messi and xavi kept the ball really well whereas some players had heavy touches and gave it away which is more realistic than having a low rated player being able to control a ball the same as the higher rated ones.

I played one game Barceona v Man city.Joe hart wasnt even on the pitch the goal was empty.But the touch is alot better as messi and xavi kept the ball really well whereas some players had heavy touches and gave it away which is more realistic than having a low rated player being able to control a ball the same as the higher rated ones.

Yeah I played the exact same fixture and after I got fouled the Man City players vanished except 3 of them. They came back after I scored.

Have you had any problems taking free kicks? It crashes for a few moments?

Told ya 'ten pages back this game will be a big let down XD

EA Sports don't give a **** about the gameplay, when was the last time it got a proper revamp? The career mode is something which gets the odd new addition like a scout, wtf..a scout?! It's taken them 18 months to imply that into a game in 2013.

Look at El Shaarawy on 13, he looks like Tutankhamun. Rooney had his forearm tattoo on fifa 11, yet it's magically vanished since.

Don't think Ukraine are licensed in 14, madness considering how much money EA get.

Ulitimate Team is my personal favourite, you having to PAY to open a packet of cards and creating a team with them. Money money money...

The lack of information regarding the next gen version shows they have little ideas.

Told ya 'ten pages back this game will be a big let down XD

EA Sports don't give a **** about the gameplay, when was the last time it got a proper revamp? The career mode is something which gets the odd new addition like a scout, wtf..a scout?! It's taken them 18 months to imply that into a game in 2013.

Look at El Shaarawy on 13, he looks like Tutankhamun. Rooney had his forearm tattoo on fifa 11, yet it's magically vanished since.

Don't think Ukraine are licensed in 14, madness considering how much money EA get.

Ulitimate Team is my personal favourite, you having to PAY to open a packet of cards and creating a team with them. Money money money...

The lack of information regarding the next gen version shows they have little ideas.

chill out mate, the game aint even come out yet

I agree about Ultimate Team, but it's not something I really do... and I think you can use some in-game currency on that anyway as opposed to paying real money?

But as for the rest, for a start gameplay has got nothing to do with how players look, whether they've got the right tattoos or not, and bitching about Ukraine not being licensed, so what? Still a lot more licences than any other game... which isn't even important!

It last had a 'big' revamp in about 2009/2010 I think, 4-5 years into the current consoles' life cycle - I don't think there's a great deal more they can get out of the current gen, and they're still getting used to developing for next gen so there probably won't be another 'major' revamp until 2016/2017.

I don't know how anyone can say 'it's the same as 13' after playing it, I really don't.

Ball physics are different, weight of pass is different, AI routines are different, shooting is different - animations are more fluid with players reacting to where the ball is better so they have a broader range of ways to deal with it, there's more ways to get the ball off the opposition.

There are longstanding bugs and annoyances, but to a degree that goes back to the point of what they can do technically, although  it's also them failing to acknowledge a problem in some cases. They're using a lot of old code for the tactic screens that really should have been updated - there's a bit of a mix of old and new that doesn't really mesh. Why there are no disallowed goals I'll never know. Career modes are a mess of bugs... but then so is Football manager. It's a curse of the yearly update, things don't get properly tested.

From the demo I think the shooting is a lot better. Players try and use their strongest foot all the time now, the ball swerves, long shots are better, first time shots aren't pea rollers all the time now...

Over the top through balls and finesse shots seem a bit too easy at the moment but hopefully they'll be toned down for the proper game.

The best thing for me though is defending is harder... Couldn't stand people just containing and letting the AI tackle for them on fifa 13, it seems you actually have to tackle the player yourself on the demo which is class

Oh, and co op seasons is a good idea

So it's taken 18 months and will cost another £40-50 for the simple fact the ball and player movement is a tad better? I've played Fifa since 92 (on the gameboy), the last great release was "road to World Cup" with the indoor mode ETC - again another popular feature taken out for no apparent reason. Each year there's something which goes tits up, the career freeze is one of my personal favourites.

Gameplay and graphics are two different things, hence why I started a new paragraph. The graphics are laughable to be honest; so cartoony and acarde-like. You can't even have the ability to edit faces, unlike in PES. What's that all about? And to say "oh they can't do anymore with the series on current gen", absolute nonsense when there's GTA coming out in a week times with one of the biggest open worlds out there. How can Rockstar make a current gen game with such detailed features and stunning graphics and EA can't?

Archived