FIFA 14

SuperSheep

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't made a gold team yet, still...

Silver team is looking pretty good.. (all english)

Butland, Mancienne, Tomkins, CDAVIES, Albrighton, Chalobah, Osman, Rodriguez, Barkley, Hooper and Ings

a few good'uns on the bench to. like Tom Ince, Will Hughes, Callum Mcmanaman, Austin, Gayle...etc

but anyway as for a gold team what do people recommend, since I don't actually want to spend money on buying packs, and german league is now ridiculously expensive! 

I was thinking either Serie A or Ligue 1 where the prices are reasonable.

I don't think there is a player on Serie A that I couldn't buy...

Balzaretti, Chiellini, Campagnaro
Candreva, Di Rossi, Hamsik, Vidal, El Shawaary
Tevez and Gomez

looks strong, and relatively cheap in comparison.

Slowly building my serie a team.. got some really shrewd players, for instance Kaka is on another level, seems to find pockets the game doesn't even know about, a 'sniper' giovinco means he is the full package, a 'finisher' vucinic is great in the box.

Star find is Candreva though - great player! 

I need the big guns now Buffon, Cheillini, El Shaawary, Gomez, Tevez...etc but they ain't cheap at all! 

Oh, and Ross Barkley is definitely a hidden gem on it for silvers, as is Danny Ings. 

• 2 weeks later...

My 16 game unbeaten run ended today, all because I lost connection  <_<

For a cheap gold team I recommend the Portuguese league, in a 4-5-1.

------------Martinez------------

-----Labayad---Quintero-----

-Gaitan---------------Salvio---

--------------Perez--------------

It's godly and a great formation (hence the 16 game unbeaten run).

I posted while the early release was out that this fifa is the best fifa for a long time.... now they've patched it and made it totally different imo it is now one of the worst fifas ever

I've started playing career mode because online is just no fun at all, every time I play a game of ultimate team I want to snap the disk, absolutely awful

I posted while the early release was out that this fifa is the best fifa for a long time.... now they've patched it and made it totally different imo it is now one of the worst fifas ever

I've started playing career mode because online is just no fun at all, every time I play a game of ultimate team I want to snap the disk, absolutely awful

Sounds like every FIFA I remember.

Of course as with everything, it is a matter of opinion. But as a football video game player of an avid nature, for over 20 years since Fifa International Soccer and World Cup Italia 90, through Striker, Sensible Soccer, Olympic Soccer, Adidas power Soccer, Ronaldo V Football, This is Football, Actua Soccer, Pro Evolution and Every Fifa ever released ( including road to world cup and special editions) I would say my ability to judge is of a decent level. I would say this Fifa is one of the best, reason being it is more difficult to score without good build up play, you have to pass and move and try to create pockets of space to open up that oppourtunity. Previous Fifas especially 13 you could just do a lobbed thru ball or break the off side trap really easily to score a 'soft' goal, these goals are fewer and farther between now. You can actually find space from a corner and get a controlled header in on goal. You also do not have the ridiculous part of previous Fifas where a player sprinting with the ball can pit run almost any defender who is running without a ball, it is unlikely you will get a clean run on goal unless you make an incisive pass. If you want an arcade experience then give PES a whirl, but for a more realistic football simulation I think this year EA have nailed it!

The purse strings are far too tight for that.

The gap between 13 and 14 isn't big. 13 must be coming down in price now?

14 is an update really. 13 made a few good changes and with the adjustable option sliders it's a good game

Archived