Birmingham City v Derby County

Hucknall Ram

Sold over 1000 tickets already

Birmingham 1 - 2 Derby County

Martin Fgs, then Burke, then Sammon with the winner.

Already? It's less than 48 hours till KO! ;)

They've been on sale for weeks. Can't see us selling out our initial allocation unfortunately. 

2-0 Derby none the less. Martin FGS. Come on you Rams!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who really cares that much about numbers ? We took a similar number to Birmingham last year and yet it was one of our best away supports in recent years, truthfully that comes second hand as i had lost my dignity in the city center prior to kick off and was obeying the laws of my section 27, however i have heard from many people i trust that it was a top following.

Anyway 0-3 Martin FGS, their w@nk.

14,082 (1408 Derby)

For me this has a feel of a 'must not lose' match..

Birmingham have been absolute dogsheet all season and they look like such a disorganised, slow, lifeless, boring team that has little direction yet if they beat us they'll go ahead of us in the table.. And that'll look depressing as hell..

I think we'll record a long overdue win..

Brum 0-1 Derby

FGS Sammon

I'll be there (haven't got a ticket yet, but I'll be off to the ticket office tomorrow). I work in Birmingham but have recently moved back to Derby so it'll be a busman's holiday for me! Plus I'm going to my friend's birthday in Digbeth later in the evening so it'll be a good opportunity to go.

But enough of what I'm doing this weekend...

Reckon the confidence we built up from the Cardiff game will help us win this one. Plus Brum are rubbish at the moment.

2-1 Derby I'll go. I reckon it'll be similar to Donny last year where we were cruising against a poor side before letting in a cheap goal and then holding on. Goalscorers? Martin and Bavies, with Zigic scoring a consolation.

See you all there if you're going!

How so? They've had 2 defeats in 9 games and they were to Hull and Watford.

Yeah, but they've only won three of those games. Plus they've only won five at home all season, only the win against Bristol City was by more than one goal.

Watched them against Blackpool 1-1 draw and Hull 5-2 loss.

I'll concentrate on the home game.

No surprises with their formation really. 4-4-2. They push both fullbacks on and leave Curtis Davies and Paul Robinson defending central areas. Robinson is a bit like Bucko but without the football ability he'll head it and kick it all day long but will struggle against sheer pace and power. I think our front two will run them ragged. Davies is comfortable and fairly composed but can't handle our front two on his own.

They don't have a lot of pace and losing Marlon King is a massive blow to them. Zigic and Lovenkrands upfront is not exactly going to strike terror in the centre halfs. Lovenkrands has got obvious quality but he's not got a physical bone in his body. Zigic for me doesn't deserve his salary. In either penalty area. If we can get it so that keogh or bucko is challenging him when we have attacking set pieces the coward won't even jump.

Going forward they do try to pick out Zigic, cross field back post balls coming in from both wingers and fullbacks as quickly as they can. He doesn't win as many as he should but they rely on winning the second ball.

In central midfield is where we should really push on Saturday. I don't know the full make up of their squad but when you've Jonathon Spector in midfield as your ball carrier you're struggling a little bit. Decent enough player without the ball but on it very little quality. He played alongside a young lad of theirs Riley who has just come through the academy and it looked as if the majority of the game passed him by.

Birmingham are what they are. No real pace on either wing but both wingers are a decent outlet. They played burke on the right and the young lad ferguson who's on loan from newcastle on the left. Again he's got a bit of quality when it comes to putting a ball in the box but it didn't look as if he had a trick to beat his man wide. Burke is their real threat, as well he was the only one looking to take the game by the scruff of the kneck.

Like us they've got  players who are barely experienced at this level. The two full backs in particular. Kaddis on the left and Mitch Hancocks on the right have both only played a handful of games. Hancocks went off injured against Blackpool and Shane Ferguson then dropped to full back. Hancocks is out for a month so I'd guess they'll make the same switch with Elliot Ward playing left midfield and Ferguson at full back. Elliot Ward came on and missed the best chance ever to win a game. For anyone thinking Conor misses some in style they should watch the miss by Elliot.

From set pieces we've got to be careful not to pay too much attention to Zigic because for me Curtis Davies is their set piece threat.

If we play our fluid pressing, triangular passing game they won't live with us. Not enough mobility or pace in their side and the only way they'll beat us is by going direct. Even then I think Keogh and Bucko have enough to take care of Zigic and Lovenkrands.

Brum 1- Derby 3.

Archived