When am I allowed to be anti Clough?

TroyDyer

Curiiosity got the better of me, and it's a tad sad I know but, as of 10.20, and after reading all the posts in this thread:-

5 - contributors were neutral

8 - were anti Clough

with

24 - being pro Clough.

Don't know why, but it made me feel good, especially when reading how the facts were presented and the awareness of the progress being made.

Good night all 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Did i vote? Can't remember now.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people have extreme views about politics, religion and football. Any internet debate can quickly see posters' dragged into a certain camp. In this case its Clough haters and Clough lovers......both extreme points of view.

Surely, the whole reason these arguments drag on in thread after thread is because people disagree and have their own opinions.

In politics, some can have their opinions formed by the newspapers they read.

Religion tends to be forced on people while they are young.

Football however, is generally from your own experience based on watching the club you support.

Some Derby fans absolutely detest Nigel Clough (my mate does, a fellow ST holder who I sit next to every home match), yet some think he's doing OK (ish) with the wage restraints he has had to work with. I have never met or spoke to, a Derby fan who actually "loves" him and thinks he's the best thing that's ever happened to us.

Basically we have some fans who want him out and some who think he's doing ok..............go and read every other football fans forums and you'll see almost identical posts and debates about their respective managers.

In answer to the OP, now! You are allowed to be anti-clough.

Others are allowed to be pro-clough.

Others are allowed to be anywhere in between those extreme views, as the majority tend to be.

Like politics and religion, we shouldn't try and force our opinion onto others.

We all like to think we are right but actually, its just our opinion, on a forum, read by a few hundred people.

On the contrary. That is the reality.

I've experienced impatience before. It wasn't fun. I've always backed Clough, sure he's frustrated me at times (Portsmouth away springs to mind) but I don't doubt he'll get us to where everybody would like us to be. If I was in the investors shoes I'd go for it because, for me, he's proved he's more than capable of achieving promotion.

It's like most people are waiting to enjoy themselves instead of just getting on with it regardless.

We need this guy.

Love this.

I'm pretty sure we would all like to see Derby in the P/L, and that I'm pretty sure that is the goal of both Clough and the Board.

The goal is only the end point. In my opinion, the journey is what makes the goal worthwhile.

And what happens when the goal is reached? New goals are set, and another journey begins. There is no escaping it.

Fair enough there's 24 pro Clough on a Internet forum.

I think out of a dozen people on a supporters bus last month, only ONE rated the bloke.

Means nothing other than everyone will have a split opinion on any subject, especially football.

There is a few gumps at work who would love to see some instability at Derby. Do you want to include them?

I was just about to say something along those lines. I would probably reconsider my love for Clough if we don't finish higher than last season although I think we will.

Saying that, I'd like to see what happens this summer, see if we can perform home and away consistently next season and go from there.

I watched the interview on ramsplayer last night and he reeled off half the fixture list saying could have, would have, should have. I agree with him in some ways, we do smash teams but loose, suppose that's what Bris is saying with all that possession football stuff.

I dunno, I think if we can keep our better players this summer and bring in a couple of quality players (doubt it) I think we could do it next season.

I was just about to say something along those lines. I would probably reconsider my love for Clough if we don't finish higher than last season although I think we will.

Saying that, I'd like to see what happens this summer, see if we can perform home and away consistently next season and go from there.

I watched the interview on ramsplayer last night and he reeled off half the fixture list saying could have, would have, should have. I agree with him in some ways, we do smash teams but loose, suppose that's what Bris is saying with all that possession football stuff.

I dunno, I think if we can keep our better players this summer and bring in a couple of quality players (doubt it) I think we could do it next season.

There's a whole quantum leap between "having possession and playing nicely across midfield" (which we do) and "smashing" teams! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

Archived