When am I allowed to be anti Clough?

TroyDyer

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that other person was me, you should look again! I joined this forum at least a year before you.

Yes, within 15 days of your 'friend' and you both barely posted until 3 days ago. Then the Schiefflen Plan rolled into operation. Hmmm

I don't think Clough is an incredible manager, but at least I know what we're getting with him and what we're building towards. I am of the belief that scraping the staff here is roughly about 15, maybe 16 times as likely to go worse than it is better, but I am not saying it can't be better.

I don't want to make predictions though, but a Derby County is a very difficult job at the minute, a very difficult one indeed - it's a big club with fairly high expectations (which is why we want our manager sacked despite sitting top half) and we aren't even close enough to having the quality in the squad, or budget to compete. If I was a football manager, I'd stay bloody far away from the Derby job, it's go little or no redeeming features at the minute.

A bit like the Leeds United job.

I've backed Clough and continue to do so. For me the club policy on signings has dictated the pace of squad evolution. Effectively, if Jewell hadn't spoffed the last of the Prem money we'd know by now whether Nige can cut it, but given the constraints we can only conclude that he's doing well, not brilliantly, within harsh limitations.

If we are going to progress though, at some point soon we'll have to actually put together a consistent top 6 season, rather than a mid-table season. If we're not there by this time next year, it's hard to see how the season tickets will be flying out, and the board may have to act. The question then would be, can they finance another manager for "big" signings when they've failed to do so with Nige?

Thorny one. For me, we stick with Nige unless we get relegated.

why are some so desperate to get to the premiership.... to compete up there we are going to have to play some rotton stuff. a young team in a very competitive league can learn everthing they need to learn to replicate a club like swansea. which is really what we need to aim at. the staff at the club seem to have 'steadied the ship' and have only just started building in the last season and a half or so. give them a break. everybody seems to be working hard. aiming to do the right things.dunt always come off. when i look at the other teams around us....similar sizes and that.... theyre are all roughly within a few points of each other. dont know what the fuss is about. definatly cant think of anyone available right now who would do any better either. 7 pages.... why did i even answer... it'll get to double that with no conclusion

I've backed Clough and continue to do so. For me the club policy on signings has dictated the pace of squad evolution. Effectively, if Jewell hadn't spoffed the last of the Prem money we'd know by now whether Nige can cut it, but given the constraints we can only conclude that he's doing well, not brilliantly, within harsh limitations.

If we are going to progress though, at some point soon we'll have to actually put together a consistent top 6 season, rather than a mid-table season. If we're not there by this time next year, it's hard to see how the season tickets will be flying out, and the board may have to act. The question then would be, can they finance another manager for "big" signings when they've failed to do so with Nige?

Thorny one. For me, we stick with Nige unless we get relegated.

Agreed

Safe and entertaining is better than boring and embarrassing!

There have been, what is it? 60 changes of personnel over the past 5 years and only now is the shape of a young aspiring team beginning to emerge.

What a way to run a business!! (At director level...) As soon as a young employee starts to make a greater contribution, encourage other firms to headhunt them.

Asset stripping-----the easiest way to bankrupt a company.

Keep head above water and make steady, if unspectacular progress.

Keep it up Nige!

Apologies.

DCFCfans is experiencing technical difficulties at the moment, due to an overload of playground squabbles about differing opinions.

While our Admin department work tirelessly to ensure normal service is resumed asap, we bring you a short musical interlude.

We do hope you enjoy.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkZC7sqImaM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkZC7sqImaM

All we are saying is **** off Maxwell....... Not so happy times at the BBG

Personally I'm going to sit here and criticise and praise Nigel however I see it.

I think there are managers that could do better? Don't know if we could get them though.

I think there are managers that would do worse? I don't know if they'd come here either.

I'm just not going to protest. I'm not hounding anybody out of the club. Especially not Brian's son. I'm not being part of getting him sacked. I probably will never protest against a manager who's flaw is being average. It's parasites or ***** managers that take us down the sh1tter that will get me from behind my computer screen.

I find it all frustrating. The wage bill. The lack of bodies getting forward. The poor quality at times. The fact every year we lose as much as we win. This year could be Nigel's first winning season? Is that right?

But I enjoy bits too. And I'm not really pissed off or happy about all that much. Not major things. Bored is about the best summary. But I've just kind of accepted where we are and that terrible season we came from. I want us to do better obviously, but there's nothing a fan can do to guarantee that will happen.

The only thing I truly hate is Pride Park. I hate the place. Not the people of this forum but the fans who are about as level headed as Piers Morgan. The "I want"s. most on here are reasonable. That's because we're all pretty hardcore support otherwise why else spend your free time discussing all aspects of the club. Wrist slashers, blind faithers.... All the same really. Derby means an awful lot to us. Not just something to do on a Saturday to have a whine and a moan. I hate the half dedicated if I'm honest. Many of them have season tickets and many of them don't. But they turn up influenced by Sky Sports and get right on my nerves.

Like the atmosphere. Singing isn't for everybody, that's fine. But the number of people who moan about atmosphere you'd think it would be easily sorted? But no, Pride Park is a silent sterile bowl where pop music and tacky American sports 'entertainment' is the order of service.

For fiercely proud fans I find this utterly depressing aspect of the club. There are worse things than average.

I'd love to see NC with the current England set up.. I think he'd put a team out like this..

----------------------------------GK Hart---------------------------------------

RB Scott Parker CB Phil Jones CB Ashley Cole LB Leighton Baines

RW Tom Cleverly CM Micheal Carrick CM Will Hughes LW Steven Gerrard

----------------------ST Wayne Rooney ST Grant Holt------------------------

As you can see.. He'll play a flat 4-4-2.. He'll have a midfielder at RB, he'll have a fullback at CB, he'll have 4 CMs playing across the midfield, he'll have Rooney dropping off in the Ward role and he'll have a donkey uptop..

And when we're drawing away 1-1 with Moldova, he'll take off Rooney and play Glenn Johnson and hold out for the draw.. When we're losing away from home, he'd make his first substitution around 85 minutes.. He'll take off Holt and bring on Defoe.

Fans will complain because it looks like 4-5-1.

We should have a poll on the subject. Clough in - Clough out. Do it.

Curiiosity got the better of me, and it's a tad sad I know but, as of 10.20, and after reading all the posts in this thread:-

5 - contributors were neutral

8 - were anti Clough

with

24 - being pro Clough.

Don't know why, but it made me feel good, especially when reading how the facts were presented and the awareness of the progress being made.

Good night all 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Archived