When am I allowed to be anti Clough?

TroyDyer

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about the games with 20+ shots on goal but none of them actually go in?

By the way, are you from Mostyn and is that big rotting ship still there?

Im not aware of any games where we've had 20 shots and none gone in.

Er, no (not from Mostyn), and sorry, I don't know about the ship.

Okay mate... maybe we score one, possibly two but we have had 20+ shots in quite a few matches this season.

Fair enough, just thought you might have that's all.

We had 20+ on Tuesday.

Clough saying we could've/should've/ deserved to have taken more from games exasperates me. Surely it is his job to remedy this situation, change personelle, change tactics, whatever but it's your job to sort it out!

The negative way we play is also horrid to see in my opinion. Never go for the win if we're level in the last ten minutes. Taking the ball into corners, time wasting, defensive substitutions, aiming for 0-0 away from home all are awful to watch in my opinion. Sport is an entertainment business at the end of the day!

That said we are slowly improving, play better football than recent times, and all on a shoestring budget. I just have reservations about us moving into a top six position with Clough in charge.

Clough saying we could've/should've/ deserved to have taken more from games exasperates me. Surely it is his job to remedy this situation, change personelle, change tactics, whatever but it's your job to sort it out!

The negative way we play is also horrid to see in my opinion. Never go for the win if we're level in the last ten minutes. Taking the ball into corners, time wasting, defensive substitutions, aiming for 0-0 away from home all are awful to watch in my opinion. Sport is an entertainment business at the end of the day!

That said we are slowly improving, play better football than recent times, and all on a shoestring budget. I just have reservations about us moving into a top six position with Clough in charge.

Rich you have some good points. In reality the team is not good enough for a top six place. We are not hovering around 9th 10th place by chance. My reason for backing Clough is I have seen improvement. While that continues I will sit it out. I can not see anyone taking over at this stage and improving things.

To get back on topic slighty

I follow Troy on Twitter and I do chuckle at his anti-Clough rants. He's hit the wall where, no matter what, Cloughie will never do right.

I think there are 3 stages of being a Derby fan under Clough

1. The Honeymoon. He's the "son of god". He will lead us out of the wilderness because of who he is and what great headlines it will make

2. The Acceptance. He's not got a magic wand, his transfer budget and wage bill is limited and yes occasionally he gets his tactics monumentally wrong, but from time to time he makes some very shrewd signings and we play flashes of excellent football that are ultimately not sustainable enough to get us out of this division

3. The Breakdown. It's all rubbish and Clough is rubbish, I hate him and I want Jim Smith to come and give me a big cuddle and tell me that it's all going to be OK

A few deluded idiots are 1s. Most of us are 2s I reckon.

I fully expect to be a 3 by the end of next season

What's your twitter name pal?

Archived