Chris Martin

Nijul_cluff

Yes everyone is turning to my side, told you Martin is the real deal just not had the rub of the green.

Touch is premier league standard

Great finishing

Picks a pass

Evidently can score a headed goal

Physically built guy and has a good injury record

Easily make 15 goals next season

Sammon does the running and Martin plays football or more desirably in my opinion we sign Waghorn and parter those two.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think him and Ward up front could be tasty, but I'd prefer to have him with a Holt style player.

I'd say he's around Billy Sharp caliber, definitely finishing wise (once fit), but a slightly different style. 

We should be exactly the sort of club he's looking for, so no problem in getting him here.

Sign him up.

He played the first half as a striker but dropped deeper in the second, as an ACM I guess.

Very intelligent footballer, so damn cool on the ball. We haven't had a player like him for ages.

Don't think he'll score a bucket load of goals but the rest of his game is quality, he'll bring others into the game and he does it with ease. Would've preferred to see Bavies come on for Sammon if Ward wasn't semi injured, and see a Ward and Martin partnership up top.

Fingers crossed he signs, he seamt like he wanted to stay in the post match interview anyway!

What he said^^^

Best player on the pitch today. Did everything that Conor Sammon is supposed to do. If we can find a poacher to play alongside we'll win far more than we'll lose.

IMO, Chris Martin is a very good footballer.

Ok guys.

Tonight was Martins last game on loan.

But,

Did anyone else hear him talking on RD after the game?

He was talking as if he was certain he would still be hear next game, in 2 weeks.

So my friends, I think it's another Jamie Ward situation.

It's a done deal for next season.

Ok guys.

Tonight was Martins last game on loan.

But,

Did anyone else hear him talking on RD after the game?

He was talking as if he was certain he would still be hear next game, in 2 weeks.

So my friends, I think it's another Jamie Ward situation.

It's a done deal for next season.

clough out....

Very..... Very.... Very good! Hopefully signs for next season. Getting him 100% match fit and lose a few pounds and we could have a  n absolute steal on a free transfer i believe 

I think those 'extra pounds' are a benefit to his game, he's not fat by any means. He's built a brick shiesser housen. Match fitness will come in good time. 

We probably won't see the best of him until next season, should he sign a permanent deal.

He's better than what we've got, which is good enough for me.

You're right he hasnt got much pace, but would you rather have Theo or Tyson?

He's got some ball control which seals the deal for me, for far too long we've had strikers with poor ball control.

You say he's too similar to Sammon, he's a completely different player to Sammon, not quite sure how you arrived at that conclusion

I agree EKR Sammon and Martin are complete opposites, I thought along with a few others on here that Martin has a good touch, makes time and space, uses the ball well and when fitter will be an asset to the squad, quality we've missed earlier in the season, hope he stays

played really well yesterday, i'm not usually one to have a go at sammon but he was awful. I think we really need to stop with the "oohs and ahhs" every time he fluffs it. It seems to be affecting his confidence.

I'd say martin and ward would be my first choice but ward is one of those players that i dont care where he plays so long as he is on the pitch. His assist for the first goal was one of the best crosses i have seen this season.

Archived