Chris Martin

Nijul_cluff

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must be missing something here. I would agree he looked tidy at Birmingham, but no more than that. He has no pace, can't head the ball and falls over more often than Suarez. He has never proved himself as a regular goalscorer and currently looks far from fit. I would say he offers no more than Mason Bennett, who I would love to see given a real chance. 

Martin is too similar to Sammon and offers a similar lack of goalscoring threat. He doesn't look committed to me and slows to a walk far too readily.

I wouldn't be keen on him as a signing.

I must be missing something here. I would agree he looked tidy at Birmingham, but no more than that. He has no pace, can't head the ball and falls over more often than Suarez. He has never proved himself as a regular goalscorer and currently looks far from fit. I would say he offers no more than Mason Bennett, who I would love to see given a real chance. 

Martin is too similar to Sammon and offers a similar lack of goalscoring threat. He doesn't look committed to me and slows to a walk far too readily.

I wouldn't be keen on him as a signing.

Really?

He was tonight, and has been, fantastic. He looks after the ball when he has it, waits for the midfield and support to arrive and offloads it. he doesn't win headers, but he forces the defenders into making uncomfortable clearances often leading to us gaining throw ins and possession. Sammon jumps for headers but doesn't force the opposition into a difficult clearance.

His touch is good, and the more he plays the more he improves, on a free at the of season would be a bargain.

His finish tonight was top notch, and he is miles better than Sammon.  

Really?

He was tonight, and has been, fantastic. He looks after the ball when he has it, waits for the midfield and support to arrive and offloads it. he doesn't win headers, but he forces the defenders into making uncomfortable clearances often leading to us gaining throw ins and possession. Sammon jumps for headers but doesn't force the opposition into a difficult clearance.

His touch is good, and the more he plays the more he improves, on a free at the of season would be a bargain.

Fantastic? - really? He scored a header unchallenged and showed good control at times. However, he is clearly not fit. I repeat my earlier assertion he has no pace. A forward who is poor in the air and has no pace needs to be supplied with the ball at his feet and supported by a quick and tricky partner. Unless we find this player as well, I don't think we should sign him.

Really?

Fully agree.

The guy is only going to get better and is already better than what we had.

Sign him up.

Really?

He's too good for our current team, our current crop make him look a cut above as they are very, very average mind.

He's better than what we've got, which is good enough for me.

You're right he hasnt got much pace, but would you rather have Theo or Tyson?

He's got some ball control which seals the deal for me, for far too long we've had strikers with poor ball control.

You say he's too similar to Sammon, he's a completely different player to Sammon, not quite sure how you arrived at that conclusion

He played the first half as a striker but dropped deeper in the second, as an ACM I guess.

Very intelligent footballer, so damn cool on the ball. We haven't had a player like him for ages.

Don't think he'll score a bucket load of goals but the rest of his game is quality, he'll bring others into the game and he does it with ease. Would've preferred to see Bavies come on for Sammon if Ward wasn't semi injured, and see a Ward and Martin partnership up top.

Fingers crossed he signs, he seamt like he wanted to stay in the post match interview anyway!

Archived