Negative parasites

mcsilks

get rid of that silly plan they are using for a start. I dont know what they will do but i just think that making the tickets cheaper will increase the attendances because people will be more willing to pay 20 quid for a ticket rather than 30 quid. more tickets sold= More money made. Not making any money on those seats that are empty week in week out. Lets see what happens. Also, For season ticket holders, why not give them a coupon which gives them cup games for a quid or something. Better attendances for cup games+ incentive for ST holders.

Also doesn't yesterday prove that even rock bottom prices are failing to get our attendances up?

If there is not much elasticity in pricing then surely it makes financial sense for the club to price high?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also doesn't yesterday prove that even rock bottom prices are failing to get our attendances up?

If there is not much elasticity in pricing then surely it makes financial sense for the club to price high?

I dont know. But i do know that some people i know go on about derby all the time but cant afford to go and watch them so they go to wach burton instead. Somethings not right.

I dont know. But i do know that some people i know go on about derby all the time but cant afford to go and watch them so they go to wach burton instead. Somethings not right.

Well I'm afraid that is just basic mathematics, Derby have a much higher wage bill, get much larger crowds and have a much bigger stadium to maintain and therefore have to charge higher admission prices.

I still think our tickets, with the exception of a few games, are quite competitively priced.

I can pretty much guarantee that a lot of these fans that 'can not afford to go' would soon be able to raise the funds to attend if we were in the Premier League and charging much higher ticket prices.

Can't include cup matches in the attendance debate - our cup gates simply mirror the vast majority.

The FA Cup is dead until the 6th round.

I'm all for backing the team when at a match. I follow Derby as much as I possibly can. I think that makes me a decent fan?

I never boo. I don't get on our players/managers back. I back the team. If I saw Nigel tomorrow I'd tell him to keep his chin up. Fans are fickle because losing hurts them. Give them wins or belief in a winning future and they'll be your best friend forever.

But this is a forum guys. It's not around the club and players. It's a pub with your mates. It's where we talk about DCFC. The good,bad and ugly. We voice concerns, praise certain aspects.

It's THE ONLY place you can moan. It does no harm. We're a mid table 2nd tier side. Of course there are unhappy people! I hope Derby County and Nigel are unhappy otherwise what's the point? You should strive for perfection?

It's a great messageboard. I'd hate us all to be agreeing. It's about having an open mind. Willing to process another persons opinion.

Sammon is rubbish

No he's not.

He can't.....

No, but he does this.....

You know? Take on other perspectives and you never know it might expand your views.

I know I'm a good supporter. I know we have thousands of good supporters. But you don't support on here. You do it when 2-0 down or 3-0 up. When there are tired bodies in need of a wake up call.

It's just a pub fellas. Get the pints in and carry on

Top post fella.... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' />

Can't include cup matches in the attendance debate - our cup gates simply mirror the vast majority.

The FA Cup is dead until the 6th round.

I would have thought if people are not going to other matches because they are too expensive this would be the ideal opportunity to go and see the team they love at an affordable price?

Honestly though, what is there to be positive about, it looks like we are heading for our annual January meltdown after getting our hopes up of maybe getting into the the top 12, and we haven't made a single signing this January when its stupidly obvious we need to strengthen the squad- Striker!!!!!

The debt is going up

Attendances are going down

The atmosphere at matches is terrible

No prolific striker

Young inexperienced squad, which the manager makes no excuses for

Board with lack of ambition and drive to make serious inroads into becoming a competitive side to challenge in the league

Season tickets going UP

Formation that makes no sense with the type of striker Sammon is.

Lack of cover in critical postions/ lack of overall depth in important squad areas- Striker.

Players that we could cut loose, who the fact that they are still at the club on wages makes no sense, Deeney. Atkins, Bailey, Tyson, Ben Davies, LEE CROFT!! CONNOR DOYLE!!!

Can't think of any more really, apart from these problems we are the club I want us to be....

I would have thought if people are not going to other matches because they are too expensive this would be the ideal opportunity to go and see the team they love at an affordable price?

Like I say, Derby's cup gates are no better,no worse than any others. Price is irrelevant. Manure didn't sell out, Stoke v Citeh 18,000.....4,000 away fans. Other than a day out for the away fans, the cup is dead.

Honestly though, what is there to be positive about, it looks like we are heading for our annual January meltdown after getting our hopes up of maybe getting into the the top 12, and we haven't made a single signing this January when its stupidly obvious we need to strengthen the squad- Striker!!!!!

The debt is going up

No prolific striker

Board with lack of ambition and drive to make serious inroads into becoming a competitive side to challenge in the league

Season tickets going UP

Lack of cover in critical postions/ lack of overall depth in important squad areas- Striker.

Players that we could cut loose, who the fact that they are still at the club on wages makes no sense, Deeney. Atkins, Bailey, Tyson, Ben Davies, LEE CROFT!! CONNOR DOYLE!!!

Can't think of any more really, apart from these problems we are the club I want us to be....

How do you cut people loose? Cancel their contracts? Four of these are out on loan, Three of them are on tiny wages.

Legzdins seems ok ; Brayford is one of the best right backs, Keogh is good.....etc etc

its not all doom and gloom.

we could do with a few - well ok as many as 5 - new players if we want to mount and sustain a challenge for the play offs.

all we have to do is to find them, and sign them, without spending any money.

I wouldn't say finishing something like 18th, 14th, 19th, 12th and now possibly 14th again is 'improving on each season'

Cloughs best team was one a few years ago that reached upto 4th before he messed it all up..

I don't particularly think we have a good young up and coming team.. There are no facts or givens to suggest all of these players will continue improving and make the PL.. If that was the case the likes of Tudgay, Camp, Grant, Mills, Barnes, Addison, Holmes, Nyatanga etc. would be in the PL now.. I think many will stay at this level, and some will drop down further..

We can compete with the big clubs.. Especially in this league, it's embarrassing that people use this excuse to try and hide away the obvious flaws Clough has.. Millwall, Palace and Watford are competing.. Boro did the double over Blackburn with their lavish spending.. Obviously it's easier with more money, but that's no excuse..

The NPC have always had bigger clubs with bigger budgets.. Under George Burley we were in financial ruin competing with Sunderland, West Ham, Ipswich, Wolves and Wigan.. All teams that had spent money.. Not to mention teams that had come down.. Why is it any different now? Ah yes I know, just to protect Clough.

I'm tired of all this financial bullsh!t and the excuses given to protect a very average manager.. I support DCFC, not Clough.. I want Clough gone because I want whats best for DCFC.. Why should that be rubbished in pointless threads like this?

To say we are an improving side doesn't necessarily have to translate to league positions. Since Clough has taken over, he has revamped the side and brought in young, hungry players on a significantly lower wage bill without harming our league standing. That is an improvement.

We have one of the youngest sides in the football league. To say that they are competing at this level suggests they are an up and coming side.

I will stick with what I said and say that we cannot compete with the bigger spenders in the league. It's much the same in the Premiership. Can the likes of West Brom, and Wigan compete with the bigger clubs? Of course the answer is no because they have the spending power.

You say you're tired of all of this financial bullshit. Tired of it we all may be but it is a fact that we cannot escape from. Until we have a board that is willing to throw a bit of money at the club, we will never be in a position to challenge at the top.

Clough has never been given a fair crack of the whip at Derby. He's always had to find lower league bargains and attempt to mould them into the side. Of course he has made mistakes in the transfer market but those mistakes are few and far between.

The expectations at Derby are higher than those of a lot of the other clubs in the Championship. That is unfortunate at times as it is the the detriment of the club.

I will stick with what I said and say that we cannot compete with the bigger spenders in the league. It's much the same in the Premiership. Can the likes of West Brom, and Wigan compete with the bigger clubs? Of course the answer is no because they have the spending power.

Wigan and West Brom are competing with Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea.

Derby and Milwall are competing with Crystal Palace, Watford and Hull, totally different circumstances.

You say you're tired of all of this financial bullshit. Tired of it we all may be but it is a fact that we cannot escape from. Until we have a board that is willing to throw a bit of money at the club, we will never be in a position to challenge at the top.

Clough has never been given a fair crack of the whip at Derby. He's always had to find lower league bargains and attempt to mould them into the side. Of course he has made mistakes in the transfer market but those mistakes are few and far between.

The expectations at Derby are higher than those of a lot of the other clubs in the Championship. That is unfortunate at times as it is the the detriment of the club.

I'm sorry mcsilks I just don't buy it.. Neither your comments or Nigel Cloughs... I thought it was pathetic that after losing to Blackburn at home he immediately brings up the financial differences..

As Cumbrianram says, we're not competing with the likes of Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd.. We're competing with Middlesbrough, Hull, Millwall, Watford, Burnley and Palace.. These teams haven't spent megabucks and these teams are all vulnerable and easily replacable..

Clough has been given a fair crack.. He's had over 4 years, how much fairer can you get.. So many clubs that dropped into the lower half of the NPC have sacked their manager as a result.. Whislt NC has been given the green light all along..

I look back to 2004/05 season.. We just got knocked out of the FA Cup by Fulham in extra time.. That Fulham squad consisted of multi million pound players such as Van Der Saar, Radzinski, Diop, Legwinski, Boa Morte, Andy Cole, Collins John, Claus Jensen etc.. That Fulham team were midtable in the PL, whilst our sqaud was built on youth and frees such as Idiakez, Bisgaard, Junior, Rasiak.. Did George Burley come out after the game and say 'The only reason why we lost is because Fulham can spend X amount on a midfielder whilst we had to play youths like Pablo Mills, Lee Camp and Marcus Tudgay.. No he didn't.. And did we have a multiple threads afterwards discussing the wages and expenditure of the two clubs.. No, we didn't.. In GBs season he was competing against WHU, Sunderland, Wigan, Ipswich, Leeds, Wolves.. Teams who had spent big bucks whilst we were signing frees and using the youth..

Why weren't we complaining about the financial differences back then? Was it because we were doing well and finished 4th and actually gave a PL team a fright? Afterall we lost in extra time in the replay.. The financial topic is only ever brought up to protect Clough because in reality he isn't doing that well.. It was never mentioned before, so why now?

And once again, no other fecker mentions it.. Only Pulis when he sarcastically said the difference between Stoke and Man City is about $300mill... But even Stoke have taken points off the big teams whilst we feel defeats against Leicester, Blackburn and Bolton are perfectly acceptable due to their lavish expenditure on mediocre players..

I couldn't give two sheets how much Blackburn have spent on Rhodes, Kazam and Murphy.. They can't be that good oif they're only 15th in a very average league

The debt is going up

No prolific striker

Season tickets going UP

We need a young leftback for the future more than a striker to be honest, but that list of players who we could "cut loose" that are "still on wages" does make sense:

Deeney - Very low wages, won't change anything, offers cover

Atkins - A decent young keeper, if we released Deeney and Atkins we wouldn't really lower the wage bill by any real extent, but we would have a lot less backup. Ideally Atkins would go back out on loan

Bailey - On loan, we're almost certainly not paying any of his wages

Tyson - On loan, we're almost certainly not paying any of his wages

Ben Davies - Still can do a job, and offers some experience to a side that you directly called inexperienced

Lee Croft - On loan, we're almost certainly not paying any of his wages

Conor Doyle - A young player on what would surely be a low wage, why do people hate our young players?! How dare they not be the finished product by 17!!!

Also, I know that many supporters don't look too far beyond the striker position, but why does everyone want a striker zoo? If the right striker that the club feels is a good fit becomes available, like any other position they should jump at it, but we have Sammon, Theo, Ward along with young Doyle and Bennett, we have some good first choice strikers and some young cover, with it being Roberts, then playing right backs there leftback is surely a priority, even if we only make our move in the summer. Speaking of Sammon, Theo and Ward, they have 22 goals between them this season and it's still January, I don't think they're doing too badly.

Archived