Negative parasites

mcsilks

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But you would agree that it is highly plausible, based on the figures provided, that we have a squad which has cost £6million or more (no matter where the money has come from) to assemble?

Go halfway up the last page and stop bothering me.

I don't really care about the financial side of things - there will always be a DCFC and apart from the basket case that was/is Portsmouth no team of our stature has gone bust in my lifetime.

I don't particularly care how good or otherwise our Academy is. Most of the current first team crop of youngsters were probably signed pre Clough anyway.

What I care about is seeing some decent performances on the pitch and a position in the league that isn't mid table mediocrity each year.

After 4 years of Clough we remain mid table with no medium term signs that we will be able to make a sustained push for the play offs, let alone automatic promotion. And that saddens, annoys, and depresses me.

For me, it's time for a change. Clough out.

I don't really care about the financial side of things - there will always be a DCFC and apart from the basket case that was/is Portsmouth no team of our stature has gone bust in my lifetime.

I don't particularly care how good or otherwise our Academy is. Most of the current first team crop of youngsters were probably signed pre Clough anyway.

What I care about is seeing some decent performances on the pitch and a position in the league that isn't mid table mediocrity each year.

After 4 years of Clough we remain mid table with no medium term signs that we will be able to make a sustained push for the play offs, let alone automatic promotion. And that saddens, annoys, and depresses me.

For me, it's time for a change. Clough out.

I agree with you but.

It doesnt matter whether Clough recruited the academy players or not he was the one that gave them a chance!

Can i ask what your alternative would be once Clough has been sacked?

Personally I think Clough is not what is holding us back it is the board.

I would like to hear your views on what would change with a new manager under the same board.

I agree with you but.

It doesnt matter whether Clough recruited the academy players or not he was the one that gave them a chance!

Can i ask what your alternative would be once Clough has been sacked?

Personally I think Clough is not what is holding us back it is the board.

I would like to hear your views on what would change with a new manager under the same board.

I read somewhere that we were around 30 mil in debt ? I thought the board had cut down our debt ? I thought the reason why they havent been investing in the teamm is because they have been clearing the debt ? If the debt hasnt gone down and they havent been investing in the team, what have they been doing ?

I think its called putting your money where your mouth is.

The owners have pumped in circa £35million to cover our losses.

If matchday income was to increase by £1million per year then maybe that extra money would be spent on the players that so many people on here desire.

As far as I can see it is the 'fans' letting us down much more than the owners.

No the owners have pumped in c£35m to cover THEIR losses.

It was a business decision that they feel will offer them the best chance of making a return.

If they had managed the club more effectively they wouldn't need to keep putting money in.

I read somewhere that we were around 30 mil in debt ? I thought the board had cut down our debt ? I thought the reason why they havent been investing in the teamm is because they have been clearing the debt ? If the debt hasnt gone down and they havent been investing in the team, what have they been doing ?

The board are reducing the debt in fairness and therefore dont invest in the team. So my quarrels with the board aren't that much.

All i want to know is...... why would getting rid of clough do any good for DCFC that is all i ask.

I think a different manager would do things more effectively with this current squad.

A different manager would stand up to the board and not be their yes man. I'm not saying be confrontational, but encourage and cajole extra funding from them.

A different manager wouldn't bleat about having a 17 year old and a 20 year old in midfield when he picks the team and allows players like Bailey to go out on loan. He also persists in playing Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick in midfield when it is obvious we can only play 2 of them at any given time.

A different manager would not change a winning team having dispatched Boro & Tranmere for 8 goals!

A different manager would not slag off his players in public telling them to "go back to wherever they came from.."

A different manager would have scouts all over the UK and Europe and not simply rely on his brother and his Mango bus pass that gets him to Mansfield and back, or Ryanair flights to Kilmarnock..

Despite the Board's failings (and I don't, however, see too many protests about them like the 3 Amigos) we have accepted mediocrity and accepted that no-one else could do any different. Well.after four years I think it's time to try something different.

I'm all for backing the team when at a match. I follow Derby as much as I possibly can. I think that makes me a decent fan?

I never boo. I don't get on our players/managers back. I back the team. If I saw Nigel tomorrow I'd tell him to keep his chin up. Fans are fickle because losing hurts them. Give them wins or belief in a winning future and they'll be your best friend forever.

But this is a forum guys. It's not around the club and players. It's a pub with your mates. It's where we talk about DCFC. The good,bad and ugly. We voice concerns, praise certain aspects.

It's THE ONLY place you can moan. It does no harm. We're a mid table 2nd tier side. Of course there are unhappy people! I hope Derby County and Nigel are unhappy otherwise what's the point? You should strive for perfection?

It's a great messageboard. I'd hate us all to be agreeing. It's about having an open mind. Willing to process another persons opinion.

Sammon is rubbish

No he's not.

He can't.....

No, but he does this.....

You know? Take on other perspectives and you never know it might expand your views.

I know I'm a good supporter. I know we have thousands of good supporters. But you don't support on here. You do it when 2-0 down or 3-0 up. When there are tired bodies in need of a wake up call.

It's just a pub fellas. Get the pints in and carry on

No the owners have pumped in c£35m to cover THEIR losses.

It was a business decision that they feel will offer them the best chance of making a return.

If they had managed the club more effectively they wouldn't need to keep putting money in.

It certainly is correct that they added to the problems when they first came in but, if you hold what they did originally against them, surely you have to understand the approach they are taking now?

There money has been used to cover the money we are losing every year.

You simply can't say their money is being used on wages, buying players or whatever.

The club loses £x million a year with all expenditure included and the owners put an amount of money in to cover this loss.

Does that make sense? I thought not!

There money has been used to cover the money we are losing every year.

You simply can't say their money is being used on wages, buying players or whatever.

The club loses £x million a year with all expenditure included and the owners put an amount of money in to cover this loss.

Does that make sense? I thought not!

Lower ticket prices, do deals to get the fans back = more income=sorted. 30 quid a ticket is the reason why im not going.

Lower ticket prices, do deals to get the fans back = more income=sorted. 30 quid a ticket is the reason why im not going.

I'm sure that this is something that Sam Rush will be working on.

I imagine they have invested quite heavily in this new ticketing system and thought they had to give it a go.

I think it is becoming quite obvious that nobody likes the new system and nobody thinks it works.

Sam Rush now has the unenviable task of trying to make season ticket prices cheap enough to get people to invest their money and the summer, making tickets cheap enough next season to attract fans back but not making them som cheap that it alienates season ticket holders and make it look as though being a season ticket holder actually carries no incentives.

What would your suggestion be as to how to set prices for matches?

I'm all for backing the team when at a match. I follow Derby as much as I possibly can. I think that makes me a decent fan?

I never boo. I don't get on our players/managers back. I back the team. If I saw Nigel tomorrow I'd tell him to keep his chin up. Fans are fickle because losing hurts them. Give them wins or belief in a winning future and they'll be your best friend forever.

But this is a forum guys. It's not around the club and players. It's a pub with your mates. It's where we talk about DCFC. The good,bad and ugly. We voice concerns, praise certain aspects.

It's THE ONLY place you can moan. It does no harm. We're a mid table 2nd tier side. Of course there are unhappy people! I hope Derby County and Nigel are unhappy otherwise what's the point? You should strive for perfection?

It's a great messageboard. I'd hate us all to be agreeing. It's about having an open mind. Willing to process another persons opinion.

Sammon is rubbish

No he's not.

He can't.....

No, but he does this.....

You know? Take on other perspectives and you never know it might expand your views.

I know I'm a good supporter. I know we have thousands of good supporters. But you don't support on here. You do it when 2-0 down or 3-0 up. When there are tired bodies in need of a wake up call.

It's just a pub fellas. Get the pints in and carry on

fook off.

nah....good post!

I'm sure that this is something that Sam Rush will be working on.

I imagine they have invested quite heavily in this new ticketing system and thought they had to give it a go.

I think it is becoming quite obvious that nobody likes the new system and nobody thinks it works.

Sam Rush now has the unenviable task of trying to make season ticket prices cheap enough to get people to invest their money and the summer, making tickets cheap enough next season to attract fans back but not making them som cheap that it alienates season ticket holders and make it look as though being a season ticket holder actually carries no incentives.

What would your suggestion be as to how to set prices for matches?

get rid of that silly plan they are using for a start. I dont know what they will do but i just think that making the tickets cheaper will increase the attendances because people will be more willing to pay 20 quid for a ticket rather than 30 quid. more tickets sold= More money made. Not making any money on those seats that are empty week in week out. Lets see what happens. Also, For season ticket holders, why not give them a coupon which gives them cup games for a quid or something. Better attendances for cup games+ incentive for ST holders.

get rid of that silly plan they are using for a start. I dont know what they will do but i just think that making the tickets cheaper will increase the attendances because people will be more willing to pay 20 quid for a ticket rather than 30 quid. more tickets sold= More money made. Not making any money on those seats that are empty week in week out. Lets see what happens. Also, For season ticket holders, why not give them a coupon which gives them cup games for a quid or something. Better attendances for cup games+ incentive for ST holders.

As I said this is the first season with the system so I understand them wanting to use if for the rest of this season, after a full season of data who is to say that next season it does not come up with a better pricing strategy.

From what I have seen, if tickets are purchased early enough then they are not that much more expensive than the allocated season ticket price so it pays to buy early. Hopefully the system that we have paid for will realise that this is not leading to big attendances.

I could be wrong but I don't think they can do incentives like that for the cup games because of having to split the ticket receipts with the away teams and there being a minimum price for cup matches (hence if they did do it the club would actually have to cover the difference between the £1 and the minimum ticket price)

Ruining this forum and ruining the club.

Can you not get behind the club and maybe offer a bit of support?

No.....that's too much to ask.

Instead just start threads calling our players awful and our manager tactically inept.

I used to think we were a well supported club but maybe our fans are the problem. We lack support as a club and when our results aren't quite what the supporters want, they vote with their feet.

Another questionable following of 14,000 yesterday when tickets were available at rock bottom prices. A very embarrassing attendance for a home tie.

Norwich managed to 26,500. Where was our support?

We have a really good young up and coming team and a young British manager who is improving the team year on year on a budget of practically nothing.

We cannot and will not compete with the bigger clubs in this league. It is not a level playing field. Facts are facts and if you spend more money on a side then chances are, you will have a better chance to progress. So many of our forum readers fail to see this.

says a man who's not been to a match in ages.

Archived