Negative parasites

mcsilks

The whole point of this is to express our opinion on the club we love, not to sniff Clough's ass. If we dont feel his doing a good job at the moment then why is your opinion better than ours ?

How to answer this without being offensive?

Now this may not apply to your good self but I'll give you a couple illustrations.

When we are winning by the odd goal, and elect to play the ball into the corners to run the clock down, we quite incredibly, have supporters that actually boo and mouth expletives. Contrast that mentality to Brighton's supporters whom we played a few weeks ago. They were cheering and encouraging their players to play the ball into the corners when we were applying pressure. If memory serves me I think Clough eluded to this at some stage. Who's opinion on football would you canvas? Our uneducated negative parasites or the enlightened and tactical aware Brighton fans?

Reading this forum today, the vast mojarity of whom did not attend yesterday, seem to think we should have won comfortably. Reality check, we are currently developing a team containing inexperienced 2nd tier pros and teenagers. Blackburn turned out a team containing Pedersen, Murphy, Kazim Richards & Rhodes. In the second half their superior class came to the fore. Believe it or believe not, this is what happens in football. To criticise the players and management, when on this occasion they have been beaten by superior opposition, is short-sighted and perhaps portrays the mentality of a negative parasite.

You see the thing is, when you analyse it all, some supporters points of view ARE irrelevant as they demonstrate a complete lack of understanding in relation to the management and tactical aspects of the game.

Pearson.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Protest.

Everyone's all well and good slagging the club, manager and players off yet they do it sat behind a keyboard miles away from Pride Park stadium.

Grow some balls and do something about it.

Buy me a return ticket from Mexico, plus accomodation, plus food etc.. And I'll march right up to Cloughs house and tell him exactly how wrong he is about certain things..

I wouldn't say finishing something like 18th, 14th, 19th, 12th and now possibly 14th again is 'improving on each season'

Cloughs best team was one a few years ago that reached upto 4th before he messed it all up..

I don't particularly think we have a good young up and coming team.. There are no facts or givens to suggest all of these players will continue improving and make the PL.. If that was the case the likes of Tudgay, Camp, Grant, Mills, Barnes, Addison, Holmes, Nyatanga etc. would be in the PL now.. I think many will stay at this level, and some will drop down further..

We can compete with the big clubs.. Especially in this league, it's embarrassing that people use this excuse to try and hide away the obvious flaws Clough has.. Millwall, Palace and Watford are competing.. Boro did the double over Blackburn with their lavish spending.. Obviously it's easier with more money, but that's no excuse..

The NPC have always had bigger clubs with bigger budgets.. Under George Burley we were in financial ruin competing with Sunderland, West Ham, Ipswich, Wolves and Wigan.. All teams that had spent money.. Not to mention teams that had come down.. Why is it any different now? Ah yes I know, just to protect Clough.

I'm tired of all this financial bullsh!t and the excuses given to protect a very average manager.. I support DCFC, not Clough.. I want Clough gone because I want whats best for DCFC.. Why should that be rubbished in pointless threads like this?

What he said.

Buy me a return ticket from Mexico, plus accomodation, plus food etc.. And I'll march right up to Cloughs house and tell him exactly how wrong he is about certain things..

Even if I did, you wouldn't.

The same as 90% of people who spiel all this sort of stuff, all talk no action.

Even if I did, you wouldn't.

The same as 90% of people who spiel all this sort of stuff, all talk no action.

Coming from the guy that telling me to do something about it...

If you want me to do something, buy me what I requested, send me the address of his house and I'll do it..

Comon buddy, all talk no action..

Protest.

Everyone's all well and good slagging the club, manager and players off yet they do it sat behind a keyboard miles away from Pride Park stadium.

Grow some balls and do something about it.

Do you protest about everything in the world you don't agree with?

Do you protest about everything in the world you don't agree with?

No, because things that I generally don't agree with are out of my reach or I'd get imprisoned for.

The manager of a football club we all support and generally attend weekly is hardly out of anyone's reach. Yet the majority of people who disagree sit on their hands through 90 minutes, go home and vent it all on the internet to people they've never met. Take it up if you're that bothered.

Coming from the guy that telling me to do something about it...

If you want me to do something, buy me what I requested, send me the address of his house and I'll do it..

Comon buddy, all talk no action..

It's all about being realistic. Let's ignore reality though eh. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Now this may not apply to your good self but I'll give you a couple illustrations.

When we are winning by the odd goal, and elect to play the ball into the corners to run the clock down, we quite incredibly, have supporters that actually boo and mouth expletives. Contrast that mentality to Brighton's supporters whom we played a few weeks ago. They were cheering and encouraging their players to play the ball into the corners when we were applying pressure. If memory serves me I think Clough eluded to this at some stage. Who's opinion on football would you canvas? Our uneducated negative parasites or the enlightened and tactical aware Brighton fans?

Reading this forum today, the vast mojarity of whom did not attend yesterday, seem to think we should have won comfortably. Reality check, we are currently developing a team containing inexperienced 2nd tier pros and teenagers. Blackburn turned out a team containing Pedersen, Murphy, Kazim Richards & Rhodes. In the second half their superior class came to the fore. Believe it or believe not, this is what happens in football. To criticise the players and management, when on this occasion they have been beaten by superior opposition, is short-sighted and perhaps portrays the mentality of a negative parasite.

You see the thing is, when you analyse it all, some supporters points of view ARE irrelevant as they demonstrate a complete lack of understanding in relation to the management and tactical aspects of the game.

Pearson.

Ok, in which part of what i said did i criticise the players ? Iv'e not said a thing about the players. Blackburn have just come down with a good quality team. I never expected to beat them. Im not basing my opinion on yesterdays game, im basing it on Clough's tactics and decision making over the season. 4-5-1 DOES NOT WORK FOR US!! Yet he insists on playing it away from home and now his started playing it at home. Brining a striker to support Sammon with 5 minutes is poor decison making.

You can tell me my point of view is 'irrelevant', but half of what your wrote was 'irrelevent' to my post.

Pearson.

Millwall.MK Dons,Luton,Leeds all beat bigger clubs.Brighton took Arsenal to the wire.Huddersfield drew wih

Leicester.Loads of smaller clubs gave big clubs a fright.They played with passion and fought hard.We

didnt.We have no excuses.

Ok well we will add on the £400k average cost of the academy player in the squad, that should get us around £6million.

I am still waiting for any teams to compare us against.

I didn't say the average cost of an Academy player making the first team is £400k,just that it could be.It rather all depends on how many make the grade.You were talking about 2 years anyway,not a long term process.

How do you expect anyone to come up with comparisons when nobody knows exact fees and extras for other clubs (or what value to place on other clubs' Academy graduates),not forgetting that you've got to find clubs that have assembled the bulk of a squad over this period.If you want to assert that we've spent more than most,then it's up to you to come up with the facts to back up such assertion.

The whole thing's ridiculous anyway.Other teams may be nearly complete in their build,and so a 2 year spend may relate to few purchases.

The high number of players we've turned over seems to revolve around 2 factors:-

1) The need to replace high earners.

2)If you shop in the bargain basement you should expect a number of flops,otherwise everyone would be at it (as opposed to being forced down the route,due to modest budgets in terms of net spend and wages).

Ruining this forum and ruining the club.

Can you not get behind the club and maybe offer a bit of support?

No.....that's too much to ask.

Instead just start threads calling our players awful and our manager tactically inept.

I used to think we were a well supported club but maybe our fans are the problem. We lack support as a club and when our results aren't quite what the supporters want, they vote with their feet.

Another questionable following of 14,000 yesterday when tickets were available at rock bottom prices. A very embarrassing attendance for a home tie.

Norwich managed to 26,500. Where was our support?

We have a really good young up and coming team and a young British manager who is improving the team year on year on a budget of practically nothing.

We cannot and will not compete with the bigger clubs in this league. It is not a level playing field. Facts are facts and if you spend more money on a side then chances are, you will have a better chance to progress. So many of our forum readers fail to see this.

Would you include our manager as a negative parasite? He's more negative than most of the posters on here.

No, because things that I generally don't agree with are out of my reach or I'd get imprisoned for.

The manager of a football club we all support and generally attend weekly is hardly out of anyone's reach. Yet the majority of people who disagree sit on their hands through 90 minutes, go home and vent it all on the internet to people they've never met. Take it up if you're that bothered.

So you advocate people shouting their disagreement and booing throughout the match rather than coming on a Internet forum to vent their anger.

Archived