Negative parasites

mcsilks

Ruining this forum and ruining the club.

Can you not get behind the club and maybe offer a bit of support?

No.....that's too much to ask.

Instead just start threads calling our players awful and our manager tactically inept.

I used to think we were a well supported club but maybe our fans are the problem. We lack support as a club and when our results aren't quite what the supporters want, they vote with their feet.

Another questionable following of 14,000 yesterday when tickets were available at rock bottom prices. A very embarrassing attendance for a home tie.

Norwich managed to 26,500. Where was our support?

We have a really good young up and coming team and a young British manager who is improving the team year on year on a budget of practically nothing.

We cannot and will not compete with the bigger clubs in this league. It is not a level playing field. Facts are facts and if you spend more money on a side then chances are, you will have a better chance to progress. So many of our forum readers fail to see this.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is being negative ruining the forum? It's a platform for all views to be heard, good, bad or indifferent.

There's no crime in having a whinge now and then, why not? Every therapist will tell you it's good to talk.

If it bothers members that much, there's a thread in off topic where you can go to hide until the surge of fed upness passes. It works, it keeps you from surrendering to the madness.

In a few days it will be safe to come out.

I always support the club during game, before and after and because of this is the reason why I am so annoyed with recent performances and our now annual January collaspe, when will we push for a play offs 3 years, 5, 10? This league is pretty depressing when you aren't fighting near the top.

Ambition. Where the heck has it gone? Yay, let us all get super happy because we are aiming for mid-table in the championship. Anyone can beat anyone in this league, so why settle for mid-table?

It is not showing a lack of support to say these things.

Can I just ask why people not being happy losing 3-0 at home to a team who have hardly been pulling up any trees this season, and not having a shot on target in the process, is seen as negative? We ALL want Derby to do well.

A lot of fans patience is just about running out. After 4 years at any club you would expect a half decent manager to have got the type of players and team he wants. Not building a team for another 3/4 years ahead, saying they're learning every week, and 'ooooh look at the players they can afford' every time we get beat.

Lets face it, with these owners we will sell anyone half decent anyway if the price is right, and if we replace them we're not able to compete wage wise with clubs smaller than us. We're competing with the likes of Peterborough and Barnsley for our transfer targets for Gods sake! If people are happy with that situation and are still willing to turn up every week fair play to them but I bet there won't be 25,000 who will be with you. Our average crowd will be down another few thousand next year as this once great club further diminishes. Until the owners change this will continue.

I just have to laugh at a lot of this 'I want more money for players, but am not going to pay to go to matches' mentality of some on here.

It costs me at least £55 on average every time I come to a home game. I ain't wasting that kind of money every week watching a manager frustrate the hell out of me with his tactics. I don't think I'm alone.

I just cannot understand how a Derby fan could be happy with the same drivel served up for the last 4 years. People forget, where have we finished in the league under Nige the last 3/4 years? And where are we now? And where will we be next year? Between 10th and 16th is the answer. Progress that is!!

I just have to laugh at a lot of this 'I want more money for players, but am not going to pay to go to matches' mentality of some on here.

But what about the people who have been to matches in the past 3 years and have not seen these "players" even when they do put their money in and buy tickets.

Ruining this forum and ruining the club.

Can you not get behind the club and maybe offer a bit of support?

No.....that's too much to ask.

Instead just start threads calling our players awful and our manager tactically inept.

I used to think we were a well supported club but maybe our fans are the problem. We lack support as a club and when our results aren't quite what the supporters want, they vote with their feet.

Another questionable following of 14,000 yesterday when tickets were available at rock bottom prices. A very embarrassing attendance for a home tie.

Norwich managed to 26,500. Where was our support?

We have a really good young up and coming team and a young British manager who is improving the team year on year on a budget of practically nothing.

We cannot and will not compete with the bigger clubs in this league. It is not a level playing field. Facts are facts and if you spend more money on a side then chances are, you will have a better chance to progress. So many of our forum readers fail to see this.

Okay I'll stop being an ar.se and contribute. Sorry.

I am a ST holder, I travel from Liverpool every game, I go to ALL cup games and about 10 away games a season (depending on money), I am going to Derby Uni next September partly because of the football, so I can go to all away matches on the PP coach. I support what Clough has done in the last 4 years but disagree with many of his decisions. There is nothing wrong with that, because he makes a lot of wrong decisions, imo, like many managers, and likewise, their fans criticise them. I believe these decisions have cost us points, and it annoys the hell out of me when he goes on RD and has a go at the supporters, or acts like an arse such as he did yesterday. It also annoys me that he will never accept when he gets something wrong and I also believe he is pushing Will Hughes too far. In fact, I know he's pushing him too far, that's not debatable. So is it too much to ask? Not from me. Why all the negative threads? Because there is a lot of negativity on the pitch. Simple. It's criticism, you're in denial if you think everything is perfect.

The club's well supported? Yes it is. Compare it to any other team in the league and especially to those teams above us in the league. We've had a rough 5 years, and we bring in a decent amount of supporters. It's tough out there, we all know it. I'm skint most of the time but I have enough to support derby, so I do. Comparing us to Norwich is silly. They are a premier League club playing well with good players a consistently good manager and with excitement and expectation surrounding the club. We are none of that, so I totally disagree with the comparison.

Yes we have a good up and coming team. But that is all it is atm. Good. Nothing special, nothing exciting. 10,000 people aren't going to travel to PP every week to watch Hughes play. Also, it's irrelevant that Clough is British, and questionable to whether the team has improved on last season. Also, the budget is a tricky subject. Other managers have done better with less. I agree that he has had a tough 4 years in charge but a tight budget hardly helps your argument to why we're not getting much support. Fans want to see big money signings, and flair players from spain.

14,000 yesterday, yeah, i agree that is poor. But why should it be any higher? We got knocked out to Crawley a couple of years ago, we were useless against Stoke last year, lucky to beat Palace, and this season proved yesterday why there the players don't deserve more than 14k to turn up. It was a waste of money.

Finally, you're basically saying we're never going to be successful. If we can't compete with big clubs then explain why we can't beat all the 'little' clubs. Again, I don't see how this relates to your complaint about supporting the club. Why do you expect more than 14000 fans for a team on a budget, that can't compete against the big clubs (e.g.Blackburn), that makes no special signings, that has been through a poor 5 year period, and the best we get to see is 'young up and coming team'?

Archived