Negative parasites

mcsilks

I had considered that but decided that it really didnt make a lot of difference for 2 reasons.

The first is that it applies to all clubs in the prem so it is no advantage to us because we will be coming

from a lower financial base.Also the money isnt given equally the higher your position the more you get.

I agree the biggest problem is getting there.

There appears to me to be evidence that a lot of debt ridden Prem clubs have stopped spending wildly and started concentrating on their heavy debts (quite possibly at the behest of lenders hit by the banking crisis).In that context,I wouldn't be too sure about the financial base being that inferior.A lower base in terms of player quality might be more appropriate.Of course we'd only get the minimum I stated if we actually finished bottom.

I think a lot of fans are hung up about it being like last time if we went up again.It's only likely to be like our last visit if we repeat a string of chronic signings.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With an £8m loss on an £18m turnover -close to 50% do we still meet the criteria of FFP?

The £7.9m loss reverts to an FFP loss of £5.9m when you take out depreciation of fixed assets (disregarded for FFP).Also disregarded is net expenditure on youth development,a figure we don't know,but it would appear that our result wouldn't be far away from that allowed under FFP at its most stringent in a few years time.In relation to the guidelines for 11/12,without even bothering looking at the allowances I can tell you we'd be comfortably within them (with lots to spare).

There appears to me to be evidence that a lot of debt ridden Prem clubs have stopped spending wildly and started concentrating on their heavy debts (quite possibly at the behest of lenders hit by the banking crisis).In that context,I wouldn't be too sure about the financial base being that inferior.A lower base in terms of player quality might be more appropriate.Of course we'd only get the minimum I stated if we actually finished bottom.

I think a lot of fans are hung up about it being like last time if we went up again.It's only likely to be like our last visit if we repeat a string of chronic signings.

Actually my point in replying to you wasn't to disagree but to criticise what i see as a flawed FFP rule.We certainly

must gain promotion asap at any cost although be prepared for a difficult time initially.

Actually my point in replying to you wasn't to disagree but to criticise what i see as a flawed FFP rule.We certainly

must gain promotion asap at any cost although be prepared for a difficult time initially.

I personally believe the likes of Leicester and Cardiff had the right idea (whatever anyone may think of the ethics) as they probably saw it as the last realistic (odds in favour) chance of getting aboard the gravy train before it's too late.However weak FFP might be,its most stringent parameters would prevent them doing what they've done.

Ruining this forum and ruining the club.

Can you not get behind the club and maybe offer a bit of support?

No.....that's too much to ask.

Instead just start threads calling our players awful and our manager tactically inept.

I used to think we were a well supported club but maybe our fans are the problem. We lack support as a club and when our results aren't quite what the supporters want, they vote with their feet.

Another questionable following of 14,000 yesterday when tickets were available at rock bottom prices. A very embarrassing attendance for a home tie.

Norwich managed to 26,500. Where was our support?

We have a really good young up and coming team and a young British manager who is improving the team year on year on a budget of practically nothing.

We cannot and will not compete with the bigger clubs in this league. It is not a level playing field. Facts are facts and if you spend more money on a side then chances are, you will have a better chance to progress. So many of our forum readers fail to see this.

Vocing strong opinions normally brings a negative tone. People who sit there thinking we are the best club in the world need to wake up and smell the hummus. The club must be doing something wrong if fa cup attendances are that bad surely.

Presumably the penalty imposed by the football league for failing to meet FFP will be a fine, thus making an indebted club even more indebted? If they are really serious a points penalty should be considered.

A bit like going into administration you mean.Except they wont be doing that all they are doing is trying

to improve their team bringing a bit of flair and glamour into the club.If FFP does that it will drive the fans away

even more.The rich clubs will still be rich and no other club will get the chance.I hope it doesn't happen.

Have we gone off topic BTW?deduct some points.

Presumably the penalty imposed by the football league for failing to meet FFP will be a fine, thus making an indebted club even more indebted? If they are really serious a points penalty should be considered.

A fine for those that get promoted,however the amount is small beer in relation to the riches gained,and I think this was the point Sam Rush was trying to make.I wouldn't fully agree with him however,because any club that fell foul of the allowances and didn't go up would face a transfer embargo,and such embargo would stay in place until compliance were reached (not an easy task if you were well over limit).

Some might argue that a club might just stock up on players and treat the embargo as a minor inconvenience.However,you seem to be taking a risk on injuries/suspensions/ill disciplined players you might want to ditch,etc.

I cba to read all 13 pages of this thread, but look at it like this. If we beat Huddersfield on Saturday there is an excellent chance we will make the play offs.

An excellent chance? Or are you predicting what the next thread will be called?

If we beat Huddlesfield, our chances would have gone up from about 8% to 12%

If we beat 3 out of:

Hudders, Wednesday, Bolton and Wolves

I would say even then we would have an outside chance. Not an excellent. We need 9 points from a possible 12 now to stay in the hunt and even be considered in my opinion.

I was seeing who would take the bait. It happens every week, when we lose it's clough out, yanks out, mediocrity etc. When we we win its, i think we can make top 6, this time next year, great young squad.

I'm bored of it.

I was seeing who would take the bait. It happens every week, when we lose it's clough out, yanks out, mediocrity etc. When we we win its, i think we can make top 6, this time next year, great young squad.

I'm bored of it.

That's true.. But then again, without the controversary and huge divide in opinions there wouldn't be much to talk about..

Being midtable in the NPC is like being in the middle of a battleground when it comes to fans.. So many opinions and strategies..

Imagine being on the Man Utd forum.. What the hell would they have to discuss other than the financial part (which probably only interests about 3%), future manager and the obvious need for a new CM.. Other than that? Nothing.

FFP is a joke, its only come into force because of the emergence of clubs like Manchester City, PSG etc, everyone in favour of FFP is a hippocrit because e.g. If Derby were taken over by a billionaire who invested in the squad no one would me moaning, its just double standards. And if a billionaire wants to loose loads of money on a club in free fall its his problem. I don't like the idea of a levle playing field, it reduces competitiveness.

Vocing strong opinions normally brings a negative tone. People who sit there thinking we are the best club in the world need to wake up and smell the hummus. The club must be doing something wrong if fa cup attendances are that bad surely.

Derby's FA Cup attendances are pretty much in line with everyone else's.

Archived