Negative parasites

mcsilks

MC Silks - one question. Why should fans pay £400 or so just to watch us come mid table?

I just have to shake my head with disbelief that you have to ask that.

I would pay £400 to watch my team over the course of a season regardless of the division we were playing.

Are you a fair weather fan? Do you only believe in paying to watch your club when they are successful?

With the current board and their desire to run the club with a sustainable viewpoint, a mid-table finish is about the best we can hope for. That wouldn't deter me from shelling out on a season ticket. Yes, it would leave me frustrated but I would continue to offer my support.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheaper tickets, better standard of football, ambitious manager who has the balls to change something which isn't working.

Doesn't take premiership football to get a full stadium, look at Brighton.

I think that is invalid in my opinion.

Cheaper Tickets doesn't see an increase in revenue as shown in a different thread.

Better standard of football comes from better players which we cant afford.

We still have a very high attendance for the leagues standard its just low for the "Derby Standard"

Brighton have a brand new stadium in a location where there are not many other sports grounds or activities competing they are an anomaly.

premierleague football is the only way for Derby to ever get back to 28-33 thousand a week.

I just have to shake my head with disbelief that you have to ask that.

I would pay £400 to watch my team over the course of a season regardless of the division we were playing.

Are you a fair weather fan? Do you only believe in paying to watch your club when they are successful?

With the current board and their desire to run the club with a sustainable viewpoint, a mid-table finish is about the best we can hope for. That wouldn't deter me from shelling out on a season ticket. Yes, it would leave me frustrated but I would continue to offer my support.

This is my point guys!!!!!

Us Die Hards that get a season ticket every year cannot get our heads round the fact that a derby fan would contemplate not spend £400 on a season ticket because of mid table football.

These people exist!!!! and we need to get that in our noggin's. We are not some sort of "too elite club" for the championship we have no right to get promoted over a team like Barnsley.

You cannot have a go at people who do not renew their season ticket it is their choice!

I will say it one more time. Fans have virtually no impact on the board's decisions and the way players are purchased the team plays etc. EXCEPT. Not buying tickets and protesting. The latter being too much effort when they could their £400 could go towards a holiday or something.

I dont like this situation but we need to open our eyes to it.

How is there club stability!!!!!

Yes there is a massive emphasis on the academy but that is because there has to be. And there is a low wage bill but there has to be there are no other options.

We are losing 8 million a year. That is not a stable club!

We do not seem to be investing much in players (6 million in the past three years ooooo thats a lot isnt it. NO. Look at other clubs i am not talking about Cardiff who spent 10 million this season or Leicester etc. I mean other clubs similar to our own with less fans less stability and a worse academy are investing because they know in reality the only way to get rid of the debt and lower the yearly losses is to invest first and make it to the big time.)

Their probably is stability as the Owners will happily cover our loses each year with no complaints but you would think that the owners would want to get to the premier league soon. Instead of paying 8 million every year and the squad improving slowly.

I am not talking about spending 10 or 12 million next transfer window or getting players on 20k a week. Just 2 or 3 quality players with experience to help this amazingly youthful and potential driven squad take the next step, which would signal to the fans we mean business instead of Andy Appelby coming out and saying we think playoffs are on this season, great i am sure you do but every derby fan doesnt believe it.

Finally I would like to point out I think Clough is doing a phenomenally good job in my opinion he makes very few mistakes in the transfer window and he cant afford to really. I feel for Sam Rush too who has been given the job to help increase attendances and revenues, there is nothing he can do!!! yes he could introduce this new DNA thing or supporter plus which i really hope will bring more people but the rise will not be significant in my opinion (I would love it to but i just cant see it). The only way i think more fans would come is for us to buy 2 big name players and see the team in the top 8 for the whole of next season. If anyone else has a better way of getting attendances up shout up name it and tell the club but i cant see any other impactful method 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

It is the last 2 years but that is by the by.

Not doubting you but could you give examples of teams you are talking about and their expenditure, just so I know who you are comparing us to.

Not doubting you but could you give examples of teams you are talking about and their expenditure, just so I know who you are comparing us to.

ermm yeah sure hang on

I have one example that i found quickly.

Middlesborough. Been away from the big time for a while like ourselves and have troublesome attendances.

They spent around 9 to 10 million in the last three years and are starting to reap the rewards with some experienced players.

Anyway I think what we are arguing is irrelevant we should probably be looking at net spending. Not spending.

By the sounds of it, there are a number that can stand an inch taller in the crowd of parasites, fairweathers, casuals and wristslashers that call themselves Derby fans.

Since this demand based ticket pricing was introduced I have stopped going to Pride Park, not because I cannot afford to pay £32 in the instances when I have a free Saturday but because I object to it. How can you use the business model of a budget airline and superimpose it onto the ticketing policy of a football club? People book flights months in advance, folks with kids know that flights will have to be arranged within school holidays so they can get organised.

This doesn't translate to the casual supporter who from time to time has a Saturday free but because I didnt have my crystal ball ready to know this I get stung by the club. Don't get me wrong, am not expecting that if I turned up at 2 p.m. on a matchday I get a ticket for £15 because they are so desperate to give them away, I just would like one ticket price irrelevant of when it is booked.

Why?

Not everyone who constantly complains is passionate.

Some have never liked Clough, believe he was here because of his Dad, and are revelling in people being annoyed because it shows they're 'right'.

There are people on this forum who go missing when we win and play well, because they have nothing to contribute that proves their point and agenda. Or we'll gloss over a good performance and highlight that 'we still need x, y and z'.

There are some who say our players and manager are not good enough for this league despite collectively being competitive in the Championship.

Some are fiercely passionate about Derby, and I'm one of them - I just happen to think we shouldn't sack our manager for being mid table. I also don't believe our tactics are negative.

Some are fiercely passionate about Derby and believe the solution to getting us in the Premier League is changing things. I respect those opinions, even if I don't agree with them.

But there are then people who are passionate about being right, and saving face.

Shabash answered my point perfectly.

I do go to the games (so you cannot have a go at me on that front) but the amount of people unwilling to spend a tenner shows the current empathy around the place.

I am very unimpressed but as I do want to go to games, how do I show my frustration.....

I do go to the games (so you cannot have a go at me on that front) but the amount of people unwilling to spend a tenner shows the current empathy around the place.

I am very unimpressed but as I do want to go to games, how do I show my frustration.....

That is the dilema.

There are people who were very much like yourself, indecisive as to whether to go to games or not. They dont come any more! and I would not hold a grudge against them. I have great respect for people that do still buy a season ticket but those that dont should not be shot down.

It all depends on how far your loyalty goes when money becomes an issue and for some 4 years of mid tabling tips the balance and away they go never to be seen again at Pride Park.

Apart from when we play Forest and Leeds, oh and when we get to wembley for the playoff final, oh and when they buy a season ticket in the premier ship. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

As you've again referred to a £6m spend in the last two years,I'll again point out that the figure includes both Shackell and Keogh,so that spend reverts to under £5m (bearing in mind you like to talk about total costs).The last time I made the point you didn't really answer it because you reverted from a 2 year spend to a squad costing £6m to assemble.

Also this £5m spend relates to the building of the bulk of a squad,so this should be borne in mind when making comparisons (and I doubt you'd find many).

Open letters to the club in DET?

I went to watch my team for fifteen years to lose year after year before they started to win. Every game I got behind the team the same way win or lose. When you support, you support. But it shouldn't mean you can't let your feelings known on the forum of your team and keep wishing things will get better.

As you've again referred to a £6m spend in the last two years,I'll again point out that the figure includes both Shackell and Keogh,so that spend reverts to under £5m (bearing in mind you like to talk about total costs).The last time I made the point you didn't really answer it because you reverted from a 2 year spend to a squad costing £6m to assemble.

Also this £5m spend relates to the building of the bulk of a squad,so this should be borne in mind when making comparisons (and I doubt you'd find many).

Ok well we will add on the £400k average cost of the academy player in the squad, that should get us around £6million.

I am still waiting for any teams to compare us against.

I wouldn't say finishing something like 18th, 14th, 19th, 12th and now possibly 14th again is 'improving on each season'

Cloughs best team was one a few years ago that reached upto 4th before he messed it all up..

I don't particularly think we have a good young up and coming team.. There are no facts or givens to suggest all of these players will continue improving and make the PL.. If that was the case the likes of Tudgay, Camp, Grant, Mills, Barnes, Addison, Holmes, Nyatanga etc. would be in the PL now.. I think many will stay at this level, and some will drop down further..

We can compete with the big clubs.. Especially in this league, it's embarrassing that people use this excuse to try and hide away the obvious flaws Clough has.. Millwall, Palace and Watford are competing.. Boro did the double over Blackburn with their lavish spending.. Obviously it's easier with more money, but that's no excuse..

The NPC have always had bigger clubs with bigger budgets.. Under George Burley we were in financial ruin competing with Sunderland, West Ham, Ipswich, Wolves and Wigan.. All teams that had spent money.. Not to mention teams that had come down.. Why is it any different now? Ah yes I know, just to protect Clough.

I'm tired of all this financial bullsh!t and the excuses given to protect a very average manager.. I support DCFC, not Clough.. I want Clough gone because I want whats best for DCFC.. Why should that be rubbished in pointless threads like this?

Archived