Referee for the Blackburn game

bcnram

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I can't believe is the reaction to somebody coming to referee years after he disallowed a goal.

Whether he was right or wrong is neither here nor there. What next? Death threats? Grow up.

I don't recall but I'm willing to bet quite a lot of money that Barazite didn't get this sort of treatment on his next visit to Pride Park. But his shortcomings as penalty taker were never really erroneously transfered into vilification of him as a human being, were they? Yet he made exactly the same number of mistakes in those last 2 minutes as the referee did.

I wonder how many mistakes you all made at work today.

And if i made half of the mistakes that incompetent referee made I'd be out of a job, instead of which far from being fired he gets promoted, you reckon this may rankle with some of the fans who felt cheated out of their hard earned money by his incredibly stupid decisions? And Barazite made one mistake with the penalty..sausagewell made more mistakes than that.

I'm not sure if that would help us to be honest, he should be applauded and his name chanted in a positive way, get him on side. It's the only way we will get through to the next round.

No! Tell him he's a wranger from the first minute to the last.

And if i made half of the mistakes that incompetent referee made I'd be out of a job, instead of which far from being fired he gets promoted, you reckon this may rankle with some of the fans who felt cheated out of their hard earned money by his incredibly stupid decisions? And Barazite made one mistake with the penalty..sausagewell made more mistakes than that.

I think some people on this thread have lost all sense of perspective.

The tone is ugly and does Derby supporters no credit whatsoever.

If fans feel cheated of their 'hard-earned', they quite possibly don't understand the capricious nature of sport. I suggest it's less to do with that than a rather pathetic need to have a hate figure.

One of the many reasons I gave up going to football is that I couldn't stand the hate that people seemed to have for others because they played or supported another team. The references to 'scum' etc etc.

It's not 'banter' as some claim. Banter is supposed to be witty, friendly, good-humoured.

Not this. This is unpalatable.

As I said, ugly.

He was only in his mid twenties when he was appointed for the Forest game, far too young for a game of that magnitude but hardly his fault. I was as mad as anyone about the late decisions that cost us that match but give the kid a break, five years have passed since then. Prior to the Forest game didn't he take the match against Bristol City and had a good game?

I think some people on this thread have lost all sense of perspective.

The tone is ugly and does Derby supporters no credit whatsoever.

If fans feel cheated of their 'hard-earned', they quite possibly don't understand the capricious nature of sport. I suggest it's less to do with that than a rather pathetic need to have a hate figure.

One of the many reasons I gave up going to football is that I couldn't stand the hate that people seemed to have for others because they played or supported another team. The references to 'scum' etc etc.

It's not 'banter' as some claim. Banter is supposed to be witty, friendly, good-humoured.

Not this. This is unpalatable.

As I said, ugly.

I think most people are just blowing off a bit of steam....... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> Except me I cant stand the cnut 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' />

At least it's not a league game - I've never felt so angry at a football match as I did that day though, disallowed a perfectly good goal, okay that is absolutely dogshit but understandable - to disallow a goal, and give a penalty is just unbelievable, especially as it was from head to goal - didn't bounce, or ponder or have time to wait.

It was a disgusting performance - cost us the game, anyone else and I would of forgotten, against the gumps... will always irritate me.

You have to realise that Mr. Attwell was only doing his job to the best of his ability. We are all human and anyone can make an honest mistake. Let bygones be bygones and give him a chance. Find it in your hearts to allow redemption.

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Didn't he disallow 2 perfectly good goals, both by Addison, in added time.

Yes, Addison scored only for the ref to call it back for a penalty, which was missed by Barazite, saved by Camp. The penalty wasn't even a very good decision either, forgetting that he ruled out a goal for a penalty. From the resulting corner Addison got another firm header on it, only to be saved again by Camp. From the next corner Addison scored with a bullet header, only to be called back for a foul which still to this day baffles me, the referee allowed a quick free kick and the ball got quickly to Tyson who could have scored the winner after all that. I think that even the referee would have been glad that Tyson didn't score, as the fury that would have followed would have been something truly special.

Yes, Addison scored only for the ref to call it back for a penalty, which was missed by Barazite, saved by Camp. The penalty wasn't even a very good decision either, forgetting that he ruled out a goal for a penalty. From the resulting corner Addison got another firm header on it, only to be saved again by Camp. From the next corner Addison scored with a bullet header, only to be called back for a foul which still to this day baffles me, the referee allowed a quick free kick and the ball got quickly to Tyson who could have scored the winner after all that. I think that even the referee would have been glad that Tyson didn't score, as the fury that would have followed would have been something truly special.

I watched that match on TV with my dad. Could not believe what was going on. No end of replays could show even anything to warrant ruling out the goals! Surprised he still gets to be in charge of games, not as if the match was a one off of ineptness...

Archived