Referee for the Blackburn game

bcnram

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will you listen to yourselves?

Anybody would think Adolf Eichmann was coming to ref.

He's been harder to spot than Waldo at Pride Park in recent years. Compared to locating Attwell, Mossad finding Eichmann was a cinch.

Will you listen to yourselves?

Anybody would think Adolf Eichmann was coming to ref.

You're right Andy, he isn't a nazi mass murderer, he referees football games. But there is a problem which the FA or whoever chooses to pick referees, either don't know about or, far more likely, are deliberately ignoring.

Set on one side for a minute our feelings as fans about a referee who robbed us of a victory against our bitterest rivals in an emotionally charged game with a crass (and wrong) decision; forget that in my memory (nearly 50 years of watching the rams) this particular referee is the only one who has had his name chanted by the (our) crowd, and not in praise; forget that he has been over promoted and too quickly, making the sorts of mistakes along the way (including a phantom goal at Watford) that have served to embarrass a group of people who are generally far better than they used to be and without whom football just would not exist.

Just think of the referee himself. He is probably a human being, with feelings. One (more) result changing mistake on Saturday especially against Derby but also Blackburn, and picture the opprobium that falls upon his head, the abuse, the language. Picture the questions to the FA. Why did you pick HIM? What on earth possessed you? There are more referees around than you can shake a stick at, why him?

And the answer probably is along the lines of 'we can't have a referee we're fast tracking to the top not being able to go to Pride Park so let's pick a low key, small crowd, FA cup match on ITV highlights shown at 1230am for his first one back'.

It's a crass, stupid but above all, wholly unnecessary choice. For him, never mind us.

Perhaps the FA thought supporters would react in a level-headed and mature way to someone contributing to planet football.

Yeah, you are right, crazy decision.

What about someone contributing to 'not on the same planet football'?

I cannot believe this, I never thought I would see the clown back at PP. Who at the FA arranged this? Can he be unbiased? This could get interesting !!!

I'll never forgive or forget him for cheating at the Forest match in 08. I'm sure he will get the 'good' reception he deserves.

But could actually work in our favour.

What I can't believe is the reaction to somebody coming to referee years after he disallowed a goal.

Whether he was right or wrong is neither here nor there. What next? Death threats? Grow up.

I don't recall but I'm willing to bet quite a lot of money that Barazite didn't get this sort of treatment on his next visit to Pride Park. But his shortcomings as penalty taker were never really erroneously transfered into vilification of him as a human being, were they? Yet he made exactly the same number of mistakes in those last 2 minutes as the referee did.

I wonder how many mistakes you all made at work today.

Archived