Referee for the Blackburn game

bcnram

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been 5 years. I'm quite surprised some of our fans are still bitter about Attwell. At the time, I shared in the frustration but now it doesn't even register. I think I completely blanked that day out of my mind the moment Commons put us 3-2 up at the City Ground.

It's not as though we've been starved of success against Forest in the recent past - 6 wins in our last 11 meetings and over six years unbeaten from March 2003 to August 2009 I believe - to really warrant such a longstanding grudge.

If we had lost or it was a cup final, maybe I could understand it. As it is, I don't understand all the fuss.

It's been 5 years. I'm quite surprised some of our fans are still bitter about it. At the time, I shared in the frustration but now it doesn't even register. I think I completely blanked that day out of my mind the moment Commons put us 3-2 up at the City Ground.

It's not as though we've been starved of success against Forest in the last 5 years - 6 wins in our last 11 meetings and over six years unbeaten from March 2003 to August 2009 I believe - to really warrant such a longstanding grudge.

If we had lost or it was a cup final, maybe I could understand it. As it is, I don't understand all the fuss.

but it should of been better than that!!!!

Methyl Isobutyl Ketone (MIBK)

The wide range of methyl isobutyl ketone (MIBK) offered by us is demanded in various industries owing to its striking features. Methyl isobutyl ketonee is used as a solvent for certain polymers and resins, nitrocellulose, and lacquers. It can also be used to extract gold, silver and other precious metals from cyanide solutions, such as those found at gold mines, to determine the levels of those dissolved metals.

Methyl Isobutyl Ketone (MIBK)

The wide range of methyl isobutyl ketone (MIBK) offered by us is demanded in various industries owing to its striking features. Methyl isobutyl ketonee is used as a solvent for certain polymers and resins, nitrocellulose, and lacquers. It can also be used to extract gold, silver and other precious metals from cyanide solutions, such as those found at gold mines, to determine the levels of those dissolved metals.

How do you know all this?

voicing my opinion he is a **** ref who shouldnt referee a game again.

IMO obviously

When you grow up and get a job you will have odd days when you make a mistake or two. Hopefully when you make your mistakes people will not be saying that you should never do that job again. Clearly, the powers that be (PGMOL) think that he is performing OK now, as he is refereeing each week.

'However what goes on inside the football stadium should stay there'

You said this. You didn't qualify it. I haven't moved the goaposts.

I hope all those that use the game at the weekend as an excuse to spew their venom at anyone they care to will feel a whole lot better for the experience.

Oh, and, if you have some free time, perhaps you'll take time out to enjoy the match.

Some might describe it as mindless tribalism. Would you?

Registered because I simply cannot believe the "not bothered, forgive and forget" attitude of some posters on here. Had you been at the match you would perhaps have a better idea of just how disgraceful the decisions were. The crazy thing was that, having screwed up when Addo scored the first time, and surely realizing his error, he then disallowed the perfectly good second winner - after Miles had given him a get-out-off-jail-free card.

Football is tribal. It's important not to forget. It's important to remind Atwell of this from first whistle to last. In my opinion there's a chance it would rattle him to the extent he'll give us decisions.

The FA are clearly trying to pull a fast one. My understanding after that match was that we had an apology from their head of referees and an assurance he would not referee us again.

Registered because I simply cannot believe the "not bothered, forgive and forget" attitude of some posters on here. Had you been at the match you would perhaps have a better idea of just how disgraceful the decisions were. The crazy thing was that, having screwed up when Addo scored the first time, and surely realizing his error, he then disallowed the perfectly good second winner - after Miles had given him a get-out-off-jail-free card.

Football is tribal. It's important not to forget. It's important to remind Atwell of this from first whistle to last. In my opinion there's a chance it would rattle him to the extent he'll give us decisions.

The FA are clearly trying to pull a fast one. My understanding after that match was that we had an apology from their head of referees and an assurance he would not referee us again.

Carl, the point isn't "forgive and forget". `None of us will forget that crazy day, but Atwell didn't make those decisions because he hated Derby County. Maybe he's incompetent. There's certainly enough evidence to suggest that he is. If so, they were honest mistakes, albeit mistakes born out of incompetence.

I don't believe you are the real Carl Sagan.

Of course there should be heightened scrutiny at football matches because everything that takes place in real life is completly blown out of proportion, and I beleive referees should have their own discretion when it comes to giving players yellow and red cards.

I just think its ridiculous to be racist in a football stadium, there's difference in the environment if someone is being racist. If I went into town and started monkey chanting at black people in the middle of the street i would be arrested. Racism isn't taken seriously enough in football evidently and neither is homophobia, the idiots behind me still use the f word, although I think they are using it less now because they get my evil glare.

So no, stadiums are no excuse to act any different and treat people any differently than you would in real life.

I agree that the use of the f word should be banned in Pride Park. I was always brought up to call them........red dogs or scum.

I have just heard the incidents replayed on RD. I have to say it all came flooding back, how insensed we were that day and how inexplicable the decisions were. I was thinking 'let it lie' and 'give him another chance' but now i'm thinking '****** to him, he's gonna get both barrells'.

He should never ref us again in my opinion. I doubt he would have been selected for a Man Utd game if the previous incidents had involved them.

If someone made the amount of mistakes that atwell has made and how bad they were they'd probably be sacked. Atwell shouldn't be a referee. And he should never ever ref at pride park.

Sorry but that is Alex Ferguson mentality. If someone is judged good enough to officiate by the powers that be, then they should be able officiate at any ground.

Archived