Referee for the Blackburn game

bcnram

atwell is a poor ref imo. - but then i didn't really rate clattenburg and he had an excellent game satuday

(we've got to have a rant at someone. if it's not him, then who? roberts? sammon? hughes? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> )

Anyone in a Rovers shirt really 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why should it?

Why should those in football stadiums be held to lower standards of behaviour than everyone else?

I don't understand that at all.

Bananas...i've already explained this, sport appeals to the basic emotions, ergo it stands to reason that people will behave differently in those circumstances inside the stadium as opposed to outside it (for the most part and doesn't make it right). Different circumstances produce different behaviours dependent on the individual and quite often in groups (peer pressure).

That's not an explanation.

You haven't explained why society should accept bad behaviour just because it takes place in a football stadium.

Because someone can't control themselves or unquestioningly submits to peer pressure, it's ok? To f and blind in front of kids, make monkey gestures at black players, throw stuff at players?

No, I'm sorry, you are utterly wrong. A football stadium is a different environment but that's not an excuse to behave abominably.

That's not an explanation.

You haven't explained why society should accept bad behaviour just because it takes place in a football stadium.

Because someone can't control themselves or unquestioningly submits to peer pressure, it's ok? To f and blind in front of kids, make monkey gestures at black players, throw stuff at players?

No, I'm sorry, you are utterly wrong. A football stadium is a different environment but that's not an excuse to behave abominably.

No Andy the problem is with yourself as you said you don't understand well sorry i can't help that and what i offered is a explanation, i've already stated that such behaviour isn't right and clearly you're going to keep moving the goalposts in a futile attempt to cover up the fact you don't understand human behaviour in the slightest, its laughable you admit that a football stadium is a different environment yet dismiss it offering a explanation for certain behaviours...you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. You and i are done talking about this as you've already you don't understand what you're talking about and i ain't wasting anymore of my time with you on it.

Of course there should be heightened scrutiny at football matches because everything that takes place in real life is completly blown out of proportion, and I beleive referees should have their own discretion when it comes to giving players yellow and red cards.

I just think its ridiculous to be racist in a football stadium, there's difference in the environment if someone is being racist. If I went into town and started monkey chanting at black people in the middle of the street i would be arrested. Racism isn't taken seriously enough in football evidently and neither is homophobia, the idiots behind me still use the f word, although I think they are using it less now because they get my evil glare.

So no, stadiums are no excuse to act any different and treat people any differently than you would in real life.

No Andy the problem is with yourself as you said you don't understand well sorry i can't help that and what i offered is a explanation, i've already stated that such behaviour isn't right and clearly you're going to keep moving the goalposts in a futile attempt to cover up the fact you don't understand human behaviour in the slightest, its laughable you admit that a football stadium is a different environment yet dismiss it offering a explanation for certain behaviours...you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. You and i are done talking about this as you've already you don't understand what you're talking about and i ain't wasting anymore of my time with you on it.

'However what goes on inside the football stadium should stay there'

You said this. You didn't qualify it. I haven't moved the goaposts.

I hope all those that use the game at the weekend as an excuse to spew their venom at anyone they care to will feel a whole lot better for the experience.

Oh, and, if you have some free time, perhaps you'll take time out to enjoy the match.

"Thank you for reaffirming what I find objectionable about football"

Glad to be of service, I suggest you take up watching beach volley ball or some other less passionate sport where your non offensive attitude will applauded! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Watching beach volleyball raises my passions.

Yay, cheers guys !!

http://blueollie.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/beach_volleyball_teams?w=445&h=326

I just need a sniff of a chance, then..get in !!

As a young male i feel i am entitled to let off some steam on a Saturday afternoon, now if i was in the country for the game on Saturday Atwell would be a getting a barrage of abuse off me for the first few minutes no doubt about it. Believing i'm entitled to call a ref/opposing fans/ opposing players a cvnt is a non existent argument however it is the way i and many others enjoy our match day 'experience'.

Obviously racism is unnacceptable, and to be honest i have never heard a racist comment at a Derby game. We have a very multicultural fanbase as far as football goes, both in terms of the normal element of our support and the more unsavoury elements.

Homophobic comments is a interesting one. I grew up in the generation where the best insult you could use on the playground from 8 till you were 18 was to call someone gay. Frankly it still enters my vocabulary on a infrequent basis without me ever thinking about the connotations. It's undefendable on my part, and i imagine may other teenagers part, however i think that will die down in the next few years as young un's seem to be prefer other insults these days.

Archived