Clough Stick Or Twist ??

physiophil

If you could swop Nigel Clough for any manager from the 23 other CHAMPIONSHIP teams. Who would you pick or would you stick with Clough ??

People who say they wouldnt swap Clough for any other manager in the division are the ones who havent got the clubs best interest at heart, they're too caught up with his name and are prepared to give him infinite time to make something happen. Their opinion should be taken with a pinch of salt, same as those who despise Clough and want him out of the club no matter what he does.

I wouldnt swap Clough for most other managers in this division, there's probably two or three that i would, Holloway, Mowbray, Poyet maybe. Apart from that, i dont think most others would do a significantly better or worse job than what he's doing.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But it's funny money wasn't a problem when 30,000+ supporters spent £60 a ticket at Wembley huh?

There wasn't a recession in 2007.

And of course they'll come again. I'm not saying that people are so poor that they can't afford to go to any football matches, just they have to be more selective. Everyone is being squeezed financially and when you could once comfortably afford to go to the footie every week some people need to justify to their families going every single week. Now I don't doubt that attendances would drop, like they always do gradually after a club drops down a league, but the idea that everyone has stopped going for hatred of the manager.

So you think that our dropping attendances has nothing to do with the recession? And again, you think it's pure coincedence that the same thing is happening throughout the country? And furthermore, no team will sell out at Wembley now?

If you actually think about what you're saying you'll realise it's a bit...misguided.

£30 is nothing though, what will people be like when (if) we get back into the prem? We gonna struggle to sell out games against arsenal, Chelsea, city, liverpool, united? I doubt it and the tickets will be a damn Bananas more than £30. I'm pretty sure the fans will manage to cough up the money one way or another.

Its nothing to do with selective games. Fans will return the moment we get promoted; whether they're on the dole or not.

I'd rather go and watch heanor town play until clough and co are capable of putting a promotion push together.

£30 is nothing though, what will people be like when (if) we get back into the prem? We gonna struggle to sell out games against arsenal, Chelsea, city, liverpool, united? I doubt it and the tickets will be a damn Bananas more than £30. I'm pretty sure the fans will manage to cough up the money one way or another.

Its nothing to do with selective games. Fans will return the moment we get promoted; whether they're on the dole or not.

I'd rather go and watch heanor town play until clough and co are capable of putting a promotion push together.

Some would come back, some wouldn't. It's a combination of success, entertainment and finance. Many Prem clubs can't sell out. Man Utd can't sell out Champions League games.

The problem with NC is that we still are pretty poor away, get that sorted and we may be able to make play-offs this season. this has been his most consistent first half to a season, last season we had them wins in August 2011 which we were very lucky to win (remember the forum outrage when people who went to these game suggested that, which was true) and that awesome form in October-November 2010 was let down by a poor start to the season and end to 2010.

At home we are a match for anyone and even in the few games we didn't win we were the better side, bar Brighton (probably deserved to lose) and Burnley where a draw would have been the fair result. However, we hardly convert this into games on the road, maybe yesterday we struck onto the right formula. Would be nice to finish in the play-offs but I see a slump in January-Feb and we will be 6 points short come May in about 9th.

Bryson and Roberts back are big pluses and good to see OB and Hendrick back on form, Lego and Jacobs have been nice bonuses.

There a couple of manager who I'd think do a better job here Holloway, Mackay and Jackett but this list is much shorter than it was last March.

The attendances are falling dramatically because supporters can't be arsed to wait a decade for the club to put a promotion push together,

I'm a member of the Heanor Supporters Branch and they've had to cancel the supporters bus to away games because only a mere 6 fans are wanting to attend. Theres normally a decent amount of people attending games such has Brighton; we've had under a dozen thus far.

It's nothing to do with money; the fans soon come out if we play at Wembley, United, Forest...

What exactly signifies a play off/promotion push?

If were sitting just a couple points outside the play off places half way through the season, does that not signify a play off push? Does somebody from the club have to state were pushing for promotion or is it like most things in football just gaged on how much money the club spends?

It's not just the ticket you have to pay for. The cost of travel impacts the decision as well.

Off you go then.

Well that for me marks you down as proverbial fair weather fan.

We have over the past few years undergone a mammoth restructure, significantly reduced our deficit, but at the same time developed a team with excellent potential whilst playing neat and attractive football.

This voyage was greatly assisted by a hardcore of some 20K fans that have supported the club and Clough trough this sometimes trying process. When Clough does get us into the Premiership, and it will happen, it is that 20k hardcore that should revel in the enjoyment, allow themselves a small smug smile, and give themselves a pat on the back for being the true supporters.

You Eranio20, will undoubtedly turn up when Man Ure et al are in town, and when you do, have the good grace to thank the true supporters who have made it happen for you.

I see Heanor got promoted last year, Bandwagon jumper!! You'll be following Man City next.

Well that for me marks you down as proverbial fair weather fan.

We have over the past few years undergone a mammoth restructure, significantly reduced our deficit, but at the same time developed a team with excellent potential whilst playing neat and attractive football.

This voyage was greatly assisted by a hardcore of some 20K fans that have supported the club and Clough trough this sometimes trying process. When Clough does get us into the Premiership, and it will happen, it is that 20k hardcore that should revel in the enjoyment, allow themselves a small smug smile, and give themselves a pat on the back for being the true supporters.

You Eranio20, will undoubtedly turn up when Man Ure et al are in town, and when you do, have the good grace to thank the true supporters who have made it happen for you.

Spot on.

Annoys me how many of our 'fans' only manage to make the games against Forest.

Brightons ain't falling, neither is cardiffs, hulls...

Ask yourself why

It's easy to be selective. Why didn't you use Middlesboro as an example to back up your theory, they have a well respected , progressive manager, are third in the league a point from the automatic promotion places and have won 8 from 11 games at home so far. Could it be because their attendance had dropped to 15000 on sat and on the FLS their stadium looked redder than a baboons arse due to the banks of empty seats. They must really hate Tony Mowbray !

In answer to the original question, absolutely stick

Archived