Clough Stick Or Twist ??

physiophil

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The attendances are falling dramatically because supporters can't be arsed to wait a decade for the club to put a promotion push together,

I'm a member of the Heanor Supporters Branch and they've had to cancel the supporters bus to away games because only a mere 6 fans are wanting to attend. Theres normally a decent amount of people attending games such has Brighton; we've had under a dozen thus far.

It's nothing to do with money; the fans soon come out if we play at Wembley, United, Forest...

The attendances are falling dramatically because supporters can't be arsed to wait a decade for the club to put a promotion push together,

I'm a member of the Heanor Supporters Branch and they've had to cancel the supporters bus to away games because only a mere 6 fans are wanting to attend. Theres normally a decent amount of people attending games such has Brighton; we've had under a dozen thus far.

It's nothing to do with money; the fans soon come out if we play at Wembley, United, Forest...

And our away support is linked entirely to our home support and has no other factors?

To be fair affording two away trips a year is different to affording to go every week. Our lack of success in away games in recent times doesn't help. I can't remember the last time I saw us win away, apart from Forest, that doesn't count.

Nothing to do with money? Attendances fall throughout a country that has been in recession throughout a decade and it's because the whole nation is disillusioned with their clubs' manager?

No one is saying people are too poor to go to the football - but when times are tough, the fact of the matter is that people become more selective with what they do.

I dont know the economics behind the situation but why dont we try something radical next season, such as offering the lowest priced season ticket in the league.

It could be more prudent to offer season tickets at a lower price and sell more. adding to the atmosphere and mean that more people will come down to PP.

Also i have spoken to many season ticket holders myself being one that agrees. I would not be too bothered if we sold home tickets against barnsley for like £4. Even if it undermines the price season ticket holders paid. I would much prefer a packed crowd with an atmosphere and have paid more for a season ticket than be paying a bit less than people that dont have a season ticket and sit with 20,000. A high majority of which will be free tickets to number above 20,000.

Nothing to do with money? Attendances fall throughout a country that has been in recession throughout a decade and it's because the whole nation is disillusioned with their clubs' manager?

No one is saying people are too poor to go to the football - but when times are tough, the fact of the matter is that people become more selective with what they do.

But it's funny money wasn't a problem when 30,000+ supporters spent £60 a ticket at Wembley huh?

Home Attendances this year:

4th Highest single game attendance behind Forest (against us), Wednesday and Brighton.

2nd Highest lowest attendance behind Brighton.

3rd Average attendance behind Brighton and Wednesday.

Our attendances have dropped - whether this is due to Clough, our position in the mid-table or just things settling back down after the Premiership years - we don't really know.

But it's funny money wasn't a problem when 30,000+ supporters spent £60 a ticket at Wembley huh?

It's a one off. Completely different. That was also 6 years ago. virtually every club in Europe has been hit. Even the cheap as chips Bundesliga

Tell you what then.....you pay me £60 a week and i'll guarantee to supply you with a match ticket

Please Note - This offer is limited to the first 30,000 applicants.

It's nowt to do with money.

I attended ever home/away game since 95 and then in 09 loss complete interest having watched boring, average football for the pass four years, campaign after campaign struggling to survive in this league and promises from Glick about competing for the play offs - only for us to finish mid table...

Losing at the likes of millwall, getting beaten in the first round of the cup, selling the likes of hulse, Jewell having a field day signing rubbish, bringing in a non league manager and later selling shackell and commons....

Would that turn you away? Kudos if it doesn't.

I work with dozens of supporters who share the same opinion and refuse to go until gse and clough leave or at least do something slightly interesting. I give you credit if you attend home and away matches, but judging by the figures I've seen there's a lot of peeps who also agree with me..

I think you miss the point. Most clubs in.the country can see a full allocation for a match at Wembley.

Your point may be valid but the fact that falling attendances is a nationwide is a good indicator that you are not.

It's nowt to do with money.

I attended ever home/away game since 95 and then in 09 loss complete interest having watched boring, average football for the pass four years, campaign after campaign struggling to survive in this league and promises from Glick about competing for the play offs - only for us to finish mid table...

Losing at the likes of millwall, getting beaten in the first round of the cup, selling the likes of hulse, commons for peanuts and bringing in a non league manager.

Would that turn you away? Kudos if it doesn't.

I work with dozens of supporters who share the same opinion and refuse to go until gse and clough leave or at least do something slightly interesting. I give you credit if you attend home and away matches, but judging by the figures I've seen there's a lot of peeps who also agree with me..

Why not just state your agenda at the start of a series of posts instead of it having to be dragged out off you. So you stopped going in 2009 after years of falsepromises from Glick. He started in 2008.After sale of Commons (2011) and Hulse (2010). Hmmm. You may have kept your credibility till the non league manager gag. Where did we sign his Dad from and no im not comparing them.

Archived