You've stuck with us, so we say Stick!

Among the trophies that we hold

Two we're ashamed of, truth be told,

losing by six goals FA cup,

11 points, not staying up!

Yet neither you, nor yet your dad

Presided over times so bad!

You've built a team that's getting tough

To beat, so stick around please, Nigel Clough!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's abit like a friggin panto on here sometimes!

I wonder where Bris Vegas is?

He's behind you!

Wheeeeeere?

Theeeeeere!

Fookin love pantos.

Ode to BV

Bris Vegas sure is getting picky

He always seems to take the mickey

If we say that then he says this

Cantankerous is our pal Bris.

Oh no he's not!

Oh yes he is!

And so

A merry Christmas Bris! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />

Ebenezer Scrooge, at least prior to the visitations of the Ghosts, could hardly have been described as a fan of such fare.

"Every idiot," he tells us, "who goes about with 'Merry Christmas' on his lips,

should be boiled with his own pudding,

and buried with a stake of holly through his heart. He should!"

Enjoy your pudding all.

And don't forget to drink to Nigel (and Bris's) health!

The thing is, I've never been into the thinking side of football and it probably shows. I look at the team sheet and think 'that looks good, I hope we smash 'em' You know.... I'm the one shouting "Goooo on, ger it in" I leave the rest to Nigel Clough 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Some people are really interested in it and obviously some members on here know an awful lot through playing and watching or whatever, I think it's good to read other Derby fans thoughts and ideas, from B4 to Bris Vegas.

The thing is, I've never been into the thinking side of football and it probably shows. I look at the team sheet and think 'that looks good, I hope we smash 'em' You know.... I'm the one shouting "Goooo on, ger it in" I leave the rest to Nigel Clough 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Some people are really interested in it and obviously some members on here know an awful lot through playing and watching or whatever, I think it's good to read other Derby fans thoughts and ideas, from B4 to Bris Vegas.

I agree there are all sorts of opinions all the way from B4 to Bris. You have one poster whose entire one-eyed output is purely based on his feelings towards the club and then you B4 with his boundless optimism.

What a ridiculous thread.

Can I just say, Clough is the Derby County manager. Get on with it folks.

Accept it. He will be the manager for a long time. He is the favorite with the board and the large majority of the fans.

A large majority of fans?

4 years ago we had a full house every week...

Now we average approx 10,000 less each home game.

Factor in the people who always go/buy season tickets regardless, and it doesnt seem seem to be such a big majority does it?

As for the original question, well anybody who has the qualifications and who also could win a cup game!!!

clough out forever!

Factor in the people who always go/buy season tickets regardless, and it doesnt seem seem to be such a big majority does it?

As for the original question, well anybody who has the qualifications and who also could win a cup game!!!

clough out forever!

Really? Maybe you can enlighten me on that statistic. Outside of the top flight, we've never had full houses every week while we've been at Pride Park.

If you are referring to the Premiership season then yes, our attendances will be up regardless of the management.

Falling attendances are a sign of the times. Folks generally becoming more and more delusioned with our once great game. Nothing to do with Clough.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. We have a really hungry group of young players, we're playing some great attractive football, we're winning more than we're losing.

I don't understand the mentality of fans who think Clough is doing a poor job.

If you start a job and a few years down the line, your company is far better off financially with much better assets then you would be rightly applauded. In Clough's case it would seem that he cannot satisfy some of you.

STICK!

So Nigel, should we stick or twist?

No contest! You'd be sadly missed!

All weathers, and through thin or thick

You've stuck with us, so we say Stick!

Among the trophies that we hold

Two we're ashamed of, truth be told,

losing by six goals FA cup,

11 points, not staying up!

Yet neither you, nor yet your dad

Presided over times so bad!

You've built a team that's getting tough

To beat, so stick around please, Nigel Clough!

Are you sure we got trophies for highest FA cup and lowest top flight points tally??

clough out forever!

Indeed it is 100% fact that every single fan not turning up now who did 4 years ago is not doing so because their hatred of Nigel Clough is greater than the love of their team.

Indeed it is 100% fact that every single fan not turning up now who did 4 years ago is not doing so because their hatred of Nigel Clough is greater than the love of their team.

Seems to be a bit of a trend starting in this country that attendances are falling as more and more clubs fans start to hate the manager.

Congratulations to Brighton fans for liking Gus Poyet and increasing their average attendance.

Seems to be a bit of a trend starting in this country that attendances are falling as more and more clubs fans start to hate the manager.

Congratulations to Brighton fans for liking Gus Poyet and increasing their average attendance.

Well there's the answer to the question! Gus Poyet is the only manager liked by his clubs' fans in the hole country.

United's attendances are pretty stagnant at the moment so their fans seem pretty indifferent on him, so I'm not sure I'd even go for him.

I dont understand the, attendances are falling because Clough is doing a poor job argument. 22 points out 30 at home and some brilliant football suggests otherwise. I think the main factor is people falling to take advantage or understand the new tickiting system. People moaning about high ticket prices yet tickets for Forest at home have been on sale for £25 for a good few weeks yet nobody has snapped them up?

Back to the original post, i would 100% stick with the current regime, were starting to get soemwehere and have a team that is a joy to watch (that hasnt happened by fluke btw).

I dont understand the, attendances are falling because Clough is doing a poor job argument. 22 points out 30 at home and some brilliant football suggests otherwise. I think the main factor is people falling to take advantage or understand the new tickiting system. People moaning about high ticket prices yet tickets for Forest at home have been on sale for £25 for a good few weeks yet nobody has snapped them up?

Back to the original post, i would 100% stick with the current regime, were starting to get soemwehere and have a team that is a joy to watch (that hasnt happened by fluke btw).

It's amazing that some of our 'fans' moan about ticket prices yet you can guarantee a sell out when we play Forest and prices are at their highest.

Archived