Clough Stick Or Twist ??

physiophil

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jay McEveley... 1.40 points per game from 40 starts.

...actually, O'Connor is at 1.62 from 13 starts, but that's below my cutoff point for inclusion (25 starts). He also wasn't at leftback for a lot of the games.

...still... Jay McEveley! 1.40±0.21 ppg to say it properly. Dean Moxey came in second with 1.21±0.19 ppg from 52 starts whilst Roberts has 1.20±0.14 ppg from 83 starts.

That said, the error on Jay Mac's ppg includes both Roberts and Moxey's ppg average, whilst Moxey's overlaps (just, at least in this rounded form) Jay Mac's. I guess you could argue there is no clear winner there, I just thought that was a bit odd, and over so many games!

It's not pretty for Addison on this though, 0.84±0.21 ppg from 32.

Glad you pointed it out, I tried subtly 3 times. Only around 10 league places between them.

Thanks mate 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> BC had an incredible pedigree as a player and Derby took a bit of a risk appointing him. Of course the rest is history. Very similar to Nigel. Who I really hope is creating his own history at Derby. I just wish people would get of his back. We are playing the best we have at home since possibly the Jim Smith era.

Just sort out that away form and away we go

Nige may not be the best manager in the Championship but he was with out doubt the best man for Derby at the time we neededa club man who cared for Derby and as long as he keeps improving year on year I think he will be here for a long time.

We didn't need a manager that cared for Derby.. We needed a manager who wasn't as bad as Jewell, and one who could turn the club from average to promotion contenders over a long period of time..

We didn't get one unfortunately and we're stuck with him..

We didn't need a manager that cared for Derby.. We needed a manager who wasn't as bad as Jewell, and one who could turn the club from average to promotion contenders over a long period of time..

Are you suggesting he's as bad as Jewell?

Isn't that exactly what we have got? NC is certainly better than Paul Jewell and in spite of the huge job and financial restrictions he has had to work with, is slowly turning us into promotion contenders. I think that is one of the few times that I have ever agreed with any of the stuff you come out with.

We are playing the best we have at home since possibly the Jim Smith era.

Better than under George Burley? I don't think so.

And besides you can play like Barca ever game, but it means absolutely nothing without getting the 3 points.

Nigels win ratio currently stands at 33.16%

Burleys - 36.45%

Davies - 43.63%

Those three managers fought relegation battles during their time here; yet the one with the more successful percentage is regarded a failure and the one with the least is worshiped like a King to some on here...

Burley also worked under a much, much tighter budget than Clough and yet still managed to find gems like Idiakez, Smith, Bisgaard, Rasiak.

Are you suggesting he's as bad as Jewell?

From the little (yeah, right) I've seen of Bris Vegas since I've been around, he would suggest that up was down just to get a rise. The guy strikes me as though he is a troll, no more and no less, and has little constructive to say. What he doesn't realise, of course, is that there are thousands of better trolls in Spain.

Better than under George Burley? I don't think so.

And besides you can play like Barca ever game, but it means absolutely nothing without getting the 3 points.

Nigels win ratio currently stands at 33.16%

Burleys - 36.45%

Davies - 43.63%

Those three managers fought relegation battles during their time here; yet the one with the more successful percentage is regarded a failure and the one with the least is worshiped like a King to some on here...

Burley also worked under a much, much tighter budget than Clough and yet still managed to find gems like Idiakez, Smith, Bisgaard, Rasiak.

Bisgaard??? Really?

Archived