Bristol City v Derby County

froggg

the fact that he always sees himself as a ram and still hates forest is enough for me. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />

Same here. He didn't have to say anything nice about us. Like with say Commons it's as if we didn't exist (which is also ok with me) but Savies has been alright with us. I doubt he's doing it to try and avoid a bit of booing and a coin/lighter/bottle. He'll get those at Forest

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here. He didn't have to say anything nice about us. Like with say Commons it's as if we didn't exist (which is also ok with me) but Savies has been alright with us. I doubt he's doing it to try and avoid a bit of booing and a coin/lighter/bottle. He'll get those at Forest

Still a mystery why he left. Especially for Bristol , and especially as bizarrely he cant get in their starting line up .

But yeah no need for Rams fans to abuse him on twitter.

I've got to say, this is quite a big result, I'm surprised it's so quiet. 2-0 AWAY from home?? Whey! The first of many?

C'mon guys! Hurry up and get home, it's half nine already, we want your verdicts! Bristol's not that far away!

Difficult for the moaners to come on really so that limits it a bit 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> . I'm sure they'll find something negative to say if you give them a few hours and a few pints. In the meantime, let's sit back and soak up the joy of an away win, based on a formation that will never produce results away from home, including Hendrick, Roberts and Sammon in the line up, a goalkeeper from Burton who will never be good enough for Championship football and Clough as Manager, who should have been sacked years ago and replaced by anyone. I like evenings like this! [still think we'll finish about 10th.......]

I've got to say, this is quite a big result, I'm surprised it's so quiet. 2-0 AWAY from home?? Whey! The first of many?

C'mon guys! Hurry up and get home, it's half nine already, we want your verdicts! Bristol's not that far away!

Jingle bells jingle bells jingle all the way. oh what fun it is when Derby win away.

I thought City were poor but so it's a very welcome 3 points, we haven't done this enough. Credit to our boys today, we looked good, put a 7/10 performance in and came away with a deserved 3 points.

Leggo made 2/3 cracking saves which you have to do away from home to keep a clean sheet, he'd be my Motm. Nice to see OB back, played well too. Keogh was good again, same for Bray. Nice to have Roberts back, disagree with the comments made earlier about Adomah getting the better of him, I thought Roberts was solid, coped well to say Adomah is rapid.

Bryson, Hendrick and Hughes all good, nice interplay, busy as ever. Coutts pretty good too, some very good dribbles. Disappointed with Jacobs today, didn't beat his man enough, too many mis-placed passes and got done too easy a few times. Sammon was a handful for Bristol, held the ball up well, good link up.. just on the opposite end to what he should be. He's putting people in on goal instead of the other way around.

4-5-1 worked a treat. Wasn't keen on it pre-match but we controlled the tempo. Played all the football, Bristol just smashed diagonal long balls at every opportunity. Some very nice moves, including our second which was a quality bit of football. Looking forward to seeing that later on.

My only complaint would be not finishing the game off. We had a few opportunities in the 50-60 minute period to make it 3 and it would have made the game much more comfortable for our back 4 and Legz. I'm not going to worry about that after a 2-0 win away from home though, great result.

You rams!

I thought this had draw written all over it considering Bristol City hadn't won at home since August and we'd lost four away games on the trot. But I'm glad the lads dispelled such logic and delivered a professional performance and a comfortable win.

Hull are flying so next Friday's game is going to be another stiff test of our top 6 credentials. I'm feeling pretty confident though. I've been to the last six home games and we've been the better side in each and every game and it is a wonder we didn't win every game.

It'll be interesting to see if Clough sticks with the five-man midfield or brings Theo back into the fold alongside Sammon. They don't have the most mobile defence in the division so the pace and unpredictability Theo brings could be their undoing. By the same token, they have the likes of Jay Simpson and Robbie Brady who could pose similar problems for us and of course a five-man midfield may have a better chance of nullifying Robert Koren, arguably the best midfielder in the division, so it's a tough choice for Clough but a nice choice to have.

Roll on Friday. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

met the whole squad on the way back in the services had a little chat with brayford, who basically said we sat back and controlled the game in the second half, and we got away with it because city were really poor. they were all really nice though always nice when the players will give you a little of their time to have a chat

I like that we won.. Phone died well before kick off an only just got in, obviously managed to get the score but nothing else.

I think it's worth mentioning 3 points off the play offs is nice but only 4 points off 17th... The players need to understand unlike in previous campaigns that it can and will change, we just need to graft for the points - home or away, Cardiff or Peterborough!!!

Disappointed with Jacobs today, didn't beat his man enough, too many mis-placed passes and got done too easy a few times.

His assist was quality and was involved in the second goal too, he cant have been that disappointing.

He reminds me of a certain scottish player that 'used to be **** but now he's alright' ..... Gary Teale. It was quite funny because any game where the opposition had done their homework knew he would cut inside onto his right foot as he had no left. Then any team that hadn't he would rip to shreds and the SE corner of the ground would chant his name.

Jacobs is similar but a lot better as he has a fierce shot on him and can step-over comfortably onto his left foot.

His assist was quality and was involved in the second goal too, he cant have been that disappointing.

Well he was in my opinion, if we'd have been up against any half decent outfit yesterday we'd of been punished more down that side.

He's been pretty good in recent weeks taking on players etc but he failed yesterday, massively. Very, very wasteful, our worst player out there.

I thought City were poor but so it's a very welcome 3 points, we haven't done this enough. Credit to our boys today, we looked good, put a 7/10 performance in and came away with a deserved 3 points.

Leggo made 2/3 cracking saves which you have to do away from home to keep a clean sheet, he'd be my Motm. Nice to see OB back, played well too. Keogh was good again, same for Bray. Nice to have Roberts back, disagree with the comments made earlier about Adomah getting the better of him, I thought Roberts was solid, coped well to say Adomah is rapid.

Bryson, Hendrick and Hughes all good, nice interplay, busy as ever. Coutts pretty good too, some very good dribbles. Disappointed with Jacobs today, didn't beat his man enough, too many mis-placed passes and got done too easy a few times. Sammon was a handful for Bristol, held the ball up well, good link up.. just on the opposite end to what he should be. He's putting people in on goal instead of the other way around.

4-5-1 worked a treat. Wasn't keen on it pre-match but we controlled the tempo. Played all the football, Bristol just smashed diagonal long balls at every opportunity. Some very nice moves, including our second which was a quality bit of football. Looking forward to seeing that later on.

My only complaint would be not finishing the game off. We had a few opportunities in the 50-60 minute period to make it 3 and it would have made the game much more comfortable for our back 4 and Legz. I'm not going to worry about that after a 2-0 win away from home though, great result.

You rams!

Agree with pretty much all of this. Can't agree with the earlier poster who rated Keogh and O'Brien equally at 7. Keogh was probable a 7.5 and O'Brien a 5. He doesn't look match fit, jumps a foot less than Keogh and so loses ball in the air, and looked unsure of his footing. He will be back, but I can't wait for a Keogh/ Barker combination. We still look like we could concede at any time when a team puts pressure on. Luckily Bristol City didn't, and that when they did Leggo was on top form. I was in with the City fans and they rated him highly. They knew all about Hughes, too. I thought Hendrick was close to MOM, dominant in a 5-man midfield.

You rams!

I think you summed the game up perfectly there Mr Tibbs! Agree with you about Jacobs too although I think he's going to make a good player given time. There was a decent turn out from the fans too given how close it is to Xmas and I thought they were loud as well.

I really struggle to read that font on my iPhone, especially with my lenses in, it's like I've got Bionic Man toy zoom eyes!! Can you use something a bit more easy on the eye Tone, you old scripty fart!! Lol

[size=4][size=5]Give this one a whirl Dave, anyway, what are you doing with an iPhone, I thought they were only for intellectuals like Greg and James. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> [/size][/size]

[size=4][size=5]Any road up I am doing a bit of a Patrick McGoohan - "I am a man, I am not a number!!"[/size][/size]

[size=4][size=5]I've just returned from Brizzle and have to report there have been mass suicides by persons in red football shirts, the police have called out the River Patrol to clear all of the bodies underneath the Clifton Suspenders Bridge!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> [/size][/size]

Archived