Bristol City v Derby County

froggg

My thoughts on the match are they were as poor as we were good, don't feel anybody had a poor game but o'brien seemed a yard off the pace although it has to be expected. It was the dreaded 4-5-1 I don't like myself but without theo playing out wide it was a much more balanced side for that formation, we didn't sit back and looked for the win throughout the first half which was very pleasing to see! Second half more of a seeing out the game performance but still with some attacking intent. Clough seems to have put the boot up hendrick's arrrrse too by dropping him, a second efficient performance from the bloke! Well worth the couple of hours drive. Up the rams, CLOUGH IN.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

interesting that all the pre-match chat was about looking forr a 0-0, and in reality we actually controlled the game mostly from 20mins, perhaps a bit of clough kidology. i think they knew they were better than brizzle but didnt want to be over confident. nevertheless, good display by legolas to keep it at 0. might have been a closer game without him being on top form.

4 points please for next 2 games.

Just had a quick look on there forum and two massive comments by different people... We was called the best footballing side in the division, very easy on the eye and them compared our style of play with Barca.

Everyone's in love with the Clough brand!

Got to see Bris's response to this.

Just had a quick look on there forum and two massive comments by different people... We was called the best footballing side in the division, very easy on the eye and them compared our style of play with Barca.

Everyone's in love with the Clough brand!

Derby's play is more like a Sam Allardyce team than a Swansea team let alone a Barca team..

But how **** must Bristol City be if Derby won there by 2 clear goals.. We only accomplish this feat away from home once or twice a season (mainly because if we're winning NC likes us to smash it in the corners rather than attempt to attack) and only against dire sides like Leeds and Forest have we done it..

Where's the link?..

Obviously B4 and RotherhamRam signed up the BC forum and posted those..

Derby's play is more like a Sam Allardyce team than a Swansea team let alone a Barca team..

But how **** must Bristol City be if Derby won there by 2 clear goals.. We only accomplish this feat away from home once or twice a season (mainly because if we're winning NC likes us to smash it in the corners rather than attempt to attack) and only against dire sides like Leeds and Forest have we done it..

Where's the link?..

Are you married Bris??? If so I'd love to see your speech.

"Firstly I'd like to thank you all for coming from far and wide to be with us hear today. Saying that, Dave and his missus only live 2 minutes round the corner and took up a parking space when they could've just walked so that's a poor effort from them.

I'll start by asking you to all put your hands together for my wife who has tried really hard to make herself look good for today. She just about managed it but her hairs a let down. I always prefer it to be short but she's gone for the long look and it's frankly horrible on the eyes. Book your ideas up love.

I'd also like to thank her Father for allowing me to take his daughter's hand in marriage and stumping up some cash for this lovely reception. I say lovely but it'd have been nice if he'd dug a little deeper as I wanted the reception at Pride Park, not that the foods any better but I wanted to nip out after our first dance and take a nice big steaming **** on Nigel's seat in the dugout.

Any way, I'm going to sit down now as these shoes of mine aren't very comfy so it's ruined this whole day for me. Enjoy the rest of your day, I'm sure you'll have more fun than me. Cheers"

Now back to the game, listening to the game it sounded like we pretty much controlled the game and the two goes were really well worked. Perhaps a better side would've punished us in the second half but the team knew they had the beating of them so merely did enough. Sensible and professional performance. Job done 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Well I didn't go to the game (like some other people), but from what I saw from the highlights and from the reactions of others who went, we controlled the game and won it very comfortably, with two goals that were the result of lovely passing football (lovely from my own eyes, I'm not going to get my protractor and compass out and work out the logistics of them). A good thing in my opinion, none of this 'waaaah waaaah I want I want' guff from me here. To be comfortably the better team away from home is definitely a step in the right direction, who cares if Bristol City were rubbish? At least we won the bloody game. Percentage football? I don't even know what it is, nor do I care.

Credit to the team for proving me wrong too. I said earlier in this thread that we had to avoid 4-5-1 if we wanted to win this game. I stand happily corrected!

By the way Bris have you got a stat that will tell us whether we were nearer to an Allardyce team than Swansea or not v Bristol?

% of short balls to long? How the ball crossed .the halfway line?

Yes, but that's Juan-Pedro Allardyce. He's much better.

surprised to see the sun yesterday give hughesy the man of the match award. sounded like he had a quiet game on the radio. oh well it'll bump the transfer fee up a bit. got into champ team of the day.

i went myself and thought he had a steady game but nothing more, everybody for me performed well with Sammon and Hendrick the two who seemed the best of the bunch!

Archived