Bristol City v Derby County

froggg

Davies we were told were genuine family reasons - why would Clough, who can be mardy about such things, lie about that?

Paul Green was a decent servant to the club - one of the only Jewell signings who would willingly play when injured or ill, taking pain killing injections to play and puking at half time. He'd run around all day, not necessarily out of love for the club, but because of pride in his proffesion. He deserves respect for that.

What's more, Green made it perfectly clear to the club that he wanted one last big contract before the end of his career. At 29, one three-year deal is the last big hurrah for him. He gave us plenty of time to make plans and let us know when he was looking elsewhere and was perfectly happy to sit on the side lines and let Hughes and others have a go when it became clear he wasn't staying. He's going to retire before too long and he's only played for Doncaster and Derby, and a big club like Leeds comes in with a manager who has a very good track record of getting teams out of this league quickly comes in for him - why on earth would he say no? He's not a Derby County supporter. I'm sure he'd love to have a crack in the top flight before he hangs up his boots, and knowing it's a long term project here in which he has already played a significant part, he may not have experienced that here.

I don't love the bloke or nowt - but he did enough to show that he is a decent proffesional who deserves my respect. What's more, we've ended up with Paul Coutts who's cheaper and better.

Ah yano what? You're quite right. It won't change my mind about how feel for Davies, because there was a lot that didn't make sense, but maybe I'm just being harsh. Green though, I feckin hate Leeds!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bryson back in training could provide a bit of a selection headache for Clough after Hendricks improved display against Leeds.

I'd drop Robinson for Bryson and go 4-5-1 with Bryson and Hughes pushing up when possible. Or alternatively drop Jacobs, if he wants to stay 4-4-2he's not working hard enough defensively, although it does seen a crime putting Hughes back out onto the left.

Legzdins

Brayford O'Connor Keogh Roberts

Coutts Bryson Hendrick Hughes Jacobs

Sammon

Fielding

O'Brien

Freeman

Bavies

Tyson

Bennett

Robinson

3-1 Derby with Hughes scoring first

O'Brien will come in for Jake the Peg and Des will [unfortunately] continue at left back, Bryson will be on the bench and will come on in the second half, taking this into consideration I'm in the Brizzle 1-3 Rams camp with Brayford, Hughes and Codhead scoring.

Dr. Burnorium will greet all Rams fans at his Hot Sauce Emporium [st. Nicholas' Market, Corn Street, Brizzle] and will be pleased to supply all of their needs especially those wishing to purchase his own brand Psycho Juice products, get some Psycho Nuts, the ideal snack to keep you warm at Ashton Gate.

Don't forget to wave if you see me as I travel down the M5. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

They havent won in about 8 home games i think?

It will be typical, after watching our last 4 away games (being at 3 of them) we'll no doubt be unstoppable and win comfortably. But, based on our recent away performances, i've chose not to go, been to Ashton Gate the last few seasons and cant be bothered again.

If we're to have any hope of play offs, this is a must win, lost our last 4 away and now against a side with the second worst away record in the division who havent won at home in a long time. I think it will be a draw though, 1-1.

Sadly I've now got to work....won't be there......covering sickness.... erm crimbo shopping snooker and beer........ 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> c'mon you Rams.....make me proud tomorrow...... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' />

Archived