Top 6 Championship prediction 2016/2017

Whitlams1968

Have not been on here for awhile. I know it is early days but I am going to stick my neck out and predict the top 6:

1. Newcastle United

2. Derby County

3. Norwich City

4. Sheffield Wednesday

5. Brighton

6. Cardiff City

With new and proven manager feeling very optimistic this season. I am confident with the players we have + the manager we will be there or there abouts. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Sheffield Wednesday

2. Newcastle

3. Bristol City

4. Derby

5. Norwich

6. Fulham

Even without any additions I think we have one of the best squads in the league, but I've not put us in the top two simply because we're Derby fans, something always goes wrong. As soon as things start to go well and we begin dreaming of the top two, we'll end up hearing that three or four others of our first eleven have all picked up lengthy injuries at the same time. I think it's karma for mocking Forest so much when they had their injury hit season. 

Norwich and Newcastle - will be amazed if these two aren't both in the top two, and with 90+ points.

Derby, Sheffield Wednesday and Brighton - all three have decent squads, and should be top six barring a horrific injury crisis or some huge problems behind the scenes.

Villa - Hard to know how good their awful squad last season will cope in the Championship, but in Di Matteo they have a good manager and Tommy Elphick is a top defender at this level. 

Who could possibly break in the top six? Bristol City looked quite good under Lee Johnson towards the end of last season, but I look at their squad and don't see it as particularly strong.

Ipswich under Mick McCarthy will be a tough nut, top ten for sure but maybe not top six.

Reading look like potential darkhorses under Jaap Stam, just because their signings are mostly unheard of.

Cardiff, Fulham, Blackburn, Leeds, Huddersfield, Birmingham... Nah, I highly doubt it.

Forest have actually got a top manager, but there is no guarantee he will do well in the Championship with a pretty poor squad nowadays. Midtable.

The Championship is becoming pretty predictable these days, in that it's easy to write off a number of clubs.

Forest....

Norwich 

Brighton 

Sheff Weds

Derby 

Villa

I think we have a good chance but first season with new manager working out his best team and offloading the players he doesn't want will take time, I'd be chuffed with another top 6 tbh. 

ps Forest is joke.. Newcastle for first place.

I'm looking at next season as the time to be pushing for autos if we did make the playoffs and fail in them, Hopefully NP gets the time he needs to sort out the mini mess we got ourselves into last season, give him time and he will come good no doubt

16 hours ago, Whitlams1968 said:

Have not been on here for awhile. I know it is early days but I am going to stick my neck out and predict the top 6:

1. Newcastle United

2. Derby County

3. Norwich City

4. Sheffield Wednesday

5. Brighton

6. Cardiff City

With new and proven manager feeling very optimistic this season. I am confident with the players we have + the manager we will be there or there abouts. 

What about Aston Villa?

Archived