Are Leicester genuine title contenders?

Chris Mills

15 games in and Leicester sit pretty at the top of the Premier League, 2 points clear of second place and 6 clear of 5th. 

Defeating a Swansea side who are looking for another mid table finish away from home 3-0 today along side a long streak of impressive wins this season. 

Are they the real deal? I hope so! Nice to have a different team up there for once and it gives some hope that you can support what will one day become a successful club in the top flight without the need of a half a billion pound investment. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For football I would love them to do it, even finishing 2nd or 3rd and in the Champions League. 

Are they serious contenders? You can't really say no with both Manchester clubs so inconsistent and Chelsea miles off. 

January will be huge for them, need to get through it and keep hold of Vardy.

Makes me laugh when you see people on here scared to go up, I'm not saying we would do a Leicester but strange things can happen

It's funny. I'd say that they aren't, but only because they are Leicester. If it were Chelsea or City playing this well and picking up so many points you'd have to say they were title contenders, if not the favourites.

But there is a reason for this. They don't have the experience or depth of quality to keep this up until May. They've shown everyone that they're not to be messed with. Surely the fans are eying up Europe next season and deservedly so.

Good luck to 'em. Just don't tell my fox uncles I said that.

Logic says that they will fall away soon..... but the longer they can keep it going the better...and who knows...it is surprising how little amount of injuries that teams that are doing well have.

I really hope they do keep it up, it would be awesome if they could even get in the Champions league, i have to say i have adopted them as my team in that league now.

As Mr Daveo said they are showing people why they have nothing to fear in promotion, but the win today was the most predictable of the weekend, Monk will be gone by Monday.

Ranieri is the real thing. Leicester, if they avoid key injuries could finish in the top four which would be remarkable, by any standards.They give hope to a lot of other clubs and to us in particular. Hats off to Leicester. They are showing what can be done without £300 million 'worth' of players.

1 minute ago, Rampage said:

Ranieri is the real thing. Leicester, if they avoid key injuries could finish in the top four which would be remarkable, by any standards.They give hope to a lot of other clubs and to us in particular. Hats off to Leicester. They are showing what can be done without £300 million 'worth' of players.

Will be interesting to see whether their squad all of a sudden becomes £300million if they do it though!

Nah. Not quite. That being said, there aren't any really good teams this year.

I think Liverpool will win it, Klopp's a brilliant manager and I can't see anyone cracking gegenpressing. Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Leicester, Spurs will probably be the rest of the top 6. 

Even though they're our "rivals" obviously I hope they do it. Gives us hope.

5 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

I think Liverpool will win it, Klopp's a brilliant manager and I can't see anyone cracking gegenpressing. Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Leicester, Spurs will probably be the rest of the top 6. 

yep, Liverpool will win it because their manager jokes around with the press........! They couldn't win it when they had arguably the best striker in the world with Suarez.

No.

Leicester are doing remarkably well and huge credit must go to Ranieri. They remind me of Southampton under Koeman the previous year.

I don't expect them to go the distance. But they have given themselves the foundations for a memorable campaign. Qualifying for a European competition should be a very realistic target from this point on.

Right now, they are winning games and picking off teams with the style, belief and confidence of a title contender. But how will they be affected when results start to go against them?

It's a long season and one which is still taking shape and titles aren't won after 15 games. The usual suspects can still go up a few gears. But I daresay this is Leicester playing to their absolute maximum. 

Once the teams in and around them find the quality and consistency expected of them, they will be toppled. But for a campaign where a top ten finish was probably considered fanciful, it's a wonderful height to fall from.

2 hours ago, Posh Ram said:

Who told ya that?

Archived