James Vaughan

matty1

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 8 months later...

Didn't a few people swear that he was coming here for next season, I have seen him play once this season and for me he was by far the best player on the pitch.

I don't think his ability is in question, he is technically a very good championship player and for me, he COULD definitely have a season where he smashes goals for fun, and he could equally struggle. He is a form player, plays on confidence and enjoys a good injury.

750k for him would be a steal IMO, it's a gamble no doubt - but one that could pay off, he has a good goal scoring record this season...  30 games, 13 goals - for under a million, it'd be a steal. 

And the Huddersfield fans rate him highly - this signing gets my full backing, go Clough.. GO! 

We can surely compete with Huddersfield on wages.

We have better crowds, our facilities are better.etc

Suppose the only thing it will come down to is money always does.

But also it would send out a message that we are not pushovers anymore in this division. Gary hooper and Jamie mackie spring to mind.

We can surely compete with Huddersfield on wages.

We have better crowds, our facilities are better.etc

Suppose the only thing it will come down to is money always does.

But also it would send out a message that we are not pushovers anymore in this division. Gary hooper and Jamie mackie spring to mind.

"http://i053.radikal.ru/1304/8a/3919bdbbbcbb" alt="3919bdbbbcbb">

Didnt really get why you quoted what i said and then put the picture, could you explain for me?

Search to continue as Derby County miss out on former Nottingham Forest player Joel Lynch.

DERBY County are ploughing on with their search for a central defender after they missed out on one of their targets to replace Jason Shackell.

The Rams showed an interest in former Nottingham Forest player Joel Lynch following Shackell's £1.1m move to Burnley.

Lynch, a free agent, spoke to Derby but the 24-year-old chose to sign for newly-promoted Huddersfield Town yesterday.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Search-continue-Derby-County-miss-Nottingham/story-16521564-detail/story.html#axzz2RvhUWsd1

I thought he looked useless when he played at PPS in Feb. Was expecting him to rip us apart (on the basis of him being an ex-player)

He missed a sitter at the end as well. Also when he was on loan here all I remember him doing is putting the ball 18 yards wide from 10 yards out when 1 on 1 with the keeper. Close to being 1 of the worse misses I have ever seen.

Search to continue as Derby County miss out on former Nottingham Forest player Joel Lynch.

DERBY County are ploughing on with their search for a central defender after they missed out on one of their targets to replace Jason Shackell.

The Rams showed an interest in former Nottingham Forest player Joel Lynch following Shackell's £1.1m move to Burnley.

Lynch, a free agent, spoke to Derby but the 24-year-old chose to sign for newly-promoted Huddersfield Town yesterday.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Search-continue-Derby-County-miss-Nottingham/story-16521564-detail/story.html#axzz2RvhUWsd1

I still don't know how genuine that link was, I mean was Lynch really more of a priority than Keogh? Do we really believe we got knocked back on Lynch so Keogh was the back up?

#HTAFC will have a fight on their hands from #DCFC if they want to keep on loan striker James Vaughan. He could cost 750K

Yorkshire Radio tweeted it as well, for what it's worth!

Be interesting to see who wins, for what it's worth I don't think Huddersfield will be throwing the money around like they did last season, Adam Clayton is earning around 15,000 for what it's worth... plucked from Leeds. Joel Lynch around 12,000...etc 

I think they'll be more conservative, especially after the year they just had. 

Archived