James Vaughan

matty1

Aha but according to Clough one of the good points of Sammon is that he's always available and never injured which makes me wonder why if he values these attributes is he suddenly looking at signing potential crocks......do you really think we have 750k to spend on any player?

Yes. 

I think there is more in the bank too, when Buxton was making his interview he mentioned the signings 'the americans' were looking at was exciting... Sam Rush and Clough also.

If we don't have 750k to spend, then for the good of all of them - it would be better not to say anything at all. 

They've built up a top 6 minimum expectation next season, we're far away from that... so invest, otherwise they will be under more pressure than ever before.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yeah that was the point i was making if these players played 90 minutes for 46 games they would get 20+ goals but they never do. However I would argue having those goals in the 30 games is more valuable.

For example this season would you rather we never had Jamie Ward at all throughout the whole season or would you rather we did not have Sammon throughout the whole season.

My opinion is you are better off having a jamie ward type player. Its just differing opinions.

I would prefer spending 300k like we did on ward and 750k on Vaugahan and spending 1.15 million than spending 1.2 million on one player that can play 46 games at score 8 goals. Im not arguing a point on this occasion just saying that is what i would do. 

cant we just spend our transfer budget on a new physio, the one from Chelsea comes to mind (she's fit :) )

Yes. 

I think there is more in the bank too, when Buxton was making his interview he mentioned the signings 'the americans' were looking at was exciting... Sam Rush and Clough also.

If we don't have 750k to spend, then for the good of all of them - it would be better not to say anything at all. 

They've built up a top 6 minimum expectation next season, we're far away from that... so invest, otherwise they will be under more pressure than ever before.

I really hope so for everyone sakes, unfortunately I am still very cynical about Directors' banging the transfer spending drum around  the same time they are trying to generate interest in new season tickets. Pressure? I personnally don't think they are under any pressure at all, as soon the accusations start flying they can bring out the subsidising 2 years of 7 million pound losses trump card to beat everyone with. Mixed metaphor I know lol 

This 20 goals per season striker is a myth. Any striker that scores 20 goals per season would cost millions and millions unless its in a poor league.

A striker that scores 20 goals in one season usually transfers for a fair bit of money.

Think Torres at Atl Madrid and Liverpool hit 20 goals twice?

Tevez has hit 20 just 3 times I think. Once for Corinthians and just barely twice for Man City.

I hope we sign Vaughan. Then when he's not as good as the people I talk to imagine him to be I can never hear him mentioned in such high regard again.

How many minutes did he play for us?

Honestly, I know guys that actually think he's awesome. I don't know how they explain his less than awesome career. But I can't convince them.

This 20 goals per season striker is a myth. Any striker that scores 20 goals per season would cost millions and millions unless its in a poor league.

A striker that scores 20 goals in one season usually transfers for a fair bit of money.

Think Torres at Atl Madrid and Liverpool hit 20 goals twice?

Tevez has hit 20 just 3 times I think. Once for Corinthians and just barely twice for Man City.

I hope we sign Vaughan. Then when he's not as good as the people I talk to imagine him to be I can never hear him mentioned in such high regard again.

How many minutes did he play for us?

Honestly, I know guys that actually think he's awesome. I don't know how they explain his less than awesome career. But I can't convince them.

he's played 32 games and scored 13 goals...where as ward has played 25 games and got 13 goals as well and a good majority of them games he's on the wing... Could how be a step backwards?

Would be a great signing.

People go on about Adam Le Fondre and Billy Sharp. When Le Fondre was in the Championship, he scored 12 goals. Billy Sharp has scored 10 goals for Forest this season and they are both in good teams. Vaughan has scored 13 goals for a team that has been fighting relegation. Facts don't lie.

There's a ring of truth about this rumour, but it doesn't inspire me.

We'll see - I'll only believe signings when I see them on the OS with a scarf on.

Would be a great signing.

People go on about Adam Le Fondre and Billy Sharp. When Le Fondre was in the Championship, he scored 12 goals. Billy Sharp has scored 10 goals for Forest this season and they are both in good teams. Vaughan has scored 13 goals for a team that has been fighting relegation. Facts don't lie.

Debatable whether Forest are a good team I do know that a lot of Forest fans are not fussed if they sign Sharp on a permanent deal or not as has been very disinterested and lacklustre of late. 

Debatable whether Forest are a good team I do know that a lot of Forest fans are not fussed if they sign Sharp on a permanent deal or not as has been very disinterested and lacklustre of late. 

I know mate. The thing is, Derby fans seem to have some obsession with him. There are better things out there than this guy.

Billy Sharp has score more goals than Vaughan has played games.

Since last being here, where he played twice, he has managed about 20 goals in all compettitions i think.He's been at Leicester, Palace, Norwich and now Huddersfield. 13 is his best return.

He might go on to be awesome. But I don't understand the excitement that a lot of Derby fans feel with him.

Le Fondre was a predator and a regular scorer at Rotherham. I can understand why that link might excite some.

Sharp has hit 40 odd goals in 80 odd games for Donny. His short record at Saints is ok too. I can see why again.

Vaughan.... I just don't get it. I don't want Le Fondre especially. I'm not going to cry if Sharp signs for Forest full time. And I couldn't give a toss about Vaughan...

..unless we sign him.

Think the issue is that we haven't had a decent striker at the club for donkeys years so when one comes along that has scored a goal once in their career we all think he's a world beater and start slavering at the thought of them joining us - would classify Vaughan in this bracket

Archived