Paul Coutts

matty1

I don't know a lot about him, in fact I know nothing just what I've read. PNE and Posh fans seem to rate him, Hull wanted him, he's got experience at this level, versatile and cheap apparently. Only downside is he's Scottish but we can ignore that bit. Ticks a few boxes and we need to bolster the midfield, I'd prefer players like these coming in than the so called young future Prem superstars on loan.

I won't be dancing in the street but I'll be happy if he signs.

Bryson's scottish, doesn't stop him. Might calm some people down if he signs though.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite happy to see we might be the club taking a player the fans like and has ability and is leaving for a silly reason than the other way around, not that I agree the reasons we have sold are silly neccessarily but the concept is the same, sounds like a solid midfeild signing if he can play right accross but I have to confess I know nothing about him presently.

Wasn't it do with the Sheff Wed team sheet fiasco? A one off incident that caused a rift isn't the same as an attitude problem. Jamie Ward definitely has an attitude problem, he's got major small man syndrome. I wouldn't trade him though.

Don't think so. Coutts was stripped of the captaincy at the start of February and the game with Wednesday wasn't until April.

He could have been one of those players that did it but the comment about his attitude was well before that.

I really hope he offers more than just energy and enthusiasm as has been the case with so many of our midfielders. Its about time we brought in some creative players, hopefully he is it!

I really hope he offers more than just energy and enthusiasm as has been the case with so many of our midfielders. Its about time we brought in some creative players, hopefully he is it!

No he is another workhorse, he is probably a better player than Bailey but not one to get too excited about. Phil Brown rates him though according to today's paper, for what that is worth.

No he is another workhorse, he is probably a better player than Bailey but not one to get too excited about. Phil Brown rates him though according to today's paper, for what that is worth.

I saw that, not too impressed from what I've read about him so far but he's still young with potential. I just wish NIgel would bring in a player to excite the fans, Jacobs is a good start but we need a creative central midfielder IMO.

I saw that, not too impressed from what I've read about him so far but he's still young with potential. I just wish NIgel would bring in a player to excite the fans, Jacobs is a good start but we need a creative central midfielder IMO.

100% agree with that, we really need a quality ball playing central-midfielder if we were to move forward. I haven't seen Jacobs play so I can't comment on what he might bring. I've seen Coutts, he's tall, strong-running but not much different to what we have in style, probably a cover player for the other 2 but not a different type of player, which in my view is what we need.

Nigel is sure taking his time reCoutting new talent this year. Maybe he's waiting for the likes of Bailey & S.Davies to S-Coutt along to make room. I would be APaulled if we didn't sign a central defender as well. At least this guy looks a Coutt above the rest.

Archived