Conor Sammon

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we have signed Sammon for double what he was worth last season. He has scored 1 goal in 30+ appearances. Am I missing something!?!

I will admit i haven't followed this or Sammon at all.

EDIT: ah okay Ambitious. Usually I've gone out or asleep by the time wigan are on MOTD.

Can someone tell me what's so good about paying ~1.2mil for a player that's scored 1 goal in 32 appearances for Wigan? Sorry I cba to read through the thread. I'm actually worried looking at that stat.

About 25 of those appearances weres subs, he'll surprise you, trust me.

Can someone tell me what's so good about paying ~1.2mil for a player that's scored 1 goal in 32 appearances for Wigan? Sorry I cba to read through the thread. I'm actually worried looking at that stat.

If you do a little more reading then you would see that 23 of them 'appearances' were as sub and maybe we are not looking at the full picture.

In Theo or Tyson we have pace and potentially 2 players who can score a lot of goals if chances are created.

Sammon has probably been bought as a target man who hopefully can get a few goals along the way too.

Anyone who gets sent off for elbowing Michael Carrick should instantly be worth at least £1million anyway in my book.

I really hope the fee being reported is wrong. Wigan signed him for 600 000. He scores 1 goal in 32 games and then we sign him for 1.2 million?

How can it be that his value has been doubled? I don't get it...

Who said it's all about goals?

He's played well for them, just not prolific. If Wigan signed him and he never appeared for them because he was **** I would be worried that his valuation had gone up but thats not the case.

He's pretty crap. He scored 2 goals in 2 seasons in the SPL then went through a purple patch which got him a move to Wigan. He'll run all day but is really quite poor. Fairly quick and strong. Underwhelming to say the least.

Clough out.

I think you mean the guy that *doesn't* play for Wednesday. Hauled off after 40 minutes of his debut and not even used in the next game.

He will do well there- lets not start judging other teams players on a few minutes at the beginning of the season. It is bad enough doing it with our own!

Clough obviously rates him, this is the most he's ever paid for a player, so I doubt he'd pay all that money for a player he doesn't think will cut it. We created so many chances agains Ssausagehorpe, so if he can stick the ball in the back of the net 50% of the time he'll get double figures easily

Archived