Jason Shackell

BorneoRam

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your right I missed that point amidst the anti Buxton Twaddle.

Oh and if we got promoted with Buxton at the back and we won a kit of games 4-3 it would mean we had a potent strike force and could re-enforce the defence without worrying about the rest if the team too much.

So even if he isn't good enough fit the prem a little tweaking to the team would be enough.

Trust me it wouldnt.Teams need time to Jel and work together.Bringing in alot of players upsets the atmosphere.Clubs would release that our Promotion only came because we had a so called Potent strike force and they would Nab our striker.Then we once again would be a team who wouldnt survive in the league.A team needs have talent spread across all areas you can know who your star player is e.g liverpool steven gerrard.But that dosent mean you have to rely on them to perform everytime.Say theo gets 26 goals next season but we let in 75 goals in 46 games.Yet we survive releagtion.Really we should have got releagted but we relied on theo to save us.I seriously dont know how i can put it easier.Buxtons Contract wont get renewed again if we want to move forward that applies to all our players if theres a better player they will get replaced

Clough transfer listed him because he needed the money to improve the rest of the squad not because the two fell out. If cough now brings a few promising younger players in and a experienced striker it is a good bit of business for Derby because Shackell would be 29 in September and one bad injury might end his career whereas a younger player with a similar injury it would not. There are also a lot of quality young players out there just as good as Shackell but its just about finding them.

Shackell was sold for 1.1m, making a profit of 400k, and if he played another game we would have owed Barnsley 400k, so was good business tbh, and enables us to strengthen in other areas.

Shackell and Green were on good wages so we have that to play with as well now.

i trust Clough in the transfer market, but am hoping that he doesnt expect OB and Buxton to be the starting CBs, 1 more please, i would like okuonghae

Trust me it wouldnt.Teams need time to Jel and work together.Bringing in alot of players upsets the atmosphere.Clubs would release that our Promotion only came because we had a so called Potent strike force and they would Nab our striker.Then we once again would be a team who wouldnt survive in the league.A team needs have talent spread across all areas you can know who your star player is e.g liverpool steven gerrard.But that dosent mean you have to rely on them to perform everytime.Say theo gets 26 goals next season but we let in 75 goals in 46 games.Yet we survive releagtion.Really we should have got releagted but we relied on theo to save us.I seriously dont know how i can put it easier.Buxtons Contract wont get renewed again if we want to move forward that applies to all our players if theres a better player they will get replaced

Your argument is circular If we have a strong defence and win games 1-0 get promoted then clubs will realise that it was because if our defense and nab our best defenders.

And anyway if Theo scored 26 goals do you really think he would be sold?

Totally agree

Shackell was sold for 1.1m, making a profit of 400k, and if he played another game we would have owed Barnsley 400k, so was good business tbh, and enables us to strengthen in other areas.

Shackell and Green were on good wages so we have that to play with as well now.

i trust Clough in the transfer market, but am hoping that he doesnt expect OB and Buxton to be the starting CBs, 1 more please, i would like okuonghae

I like Buxton, old fashioned center half, kick it head it

Rio Ferdinand and the press changed the perception of Center Backs, cos he played one 60 yard pass as a 17year old, so was considered a new generation

personally i think there is a massive over reaction to this news, if we can the magnus and that mellor guy both frees, that would free up around a million for a striker. and ino what we were truly lacking last season was a player to pop the ball in the net

I like Buxton, old fashioned center half, kick it head it

Rio Ferdinand and the press changed the perception of Center Backs, cos he played one 60 yard pass as a 17year old, so was considered a new generation

And one of the reasons the England team has won feck all for so long is because we happy with players like jake who can't pass balls for toffee n we are happy with it.

To be fair he is not on his own, but one of the reasons igor was such a success here was that he was a cocky ball playing centre back who was comfortable with the ball at his feet for more than 1 second.

do you know the exact figures involved in the shackell deal?

We rejected 4 Bids.

3 of 1.1 Million form Cardiff,Burnley and ?

1 of 1.3 Million from Burnley.

The Papers have put in an excess of 1.1 Million as No-one outside the clubs no put as these bids went public they know they didnt take less than that figure.I would rather not know and just see waht they do with but hopefully dont splash it.We should get up to Million for Addison,Savies and Bailey.Then if anyone has heard Liverpool and fulham want Huddlestone so with our 17.5% sell on clause that should get some money.As long as about 6 players are bought i will be happy as it shows shackell was sold to improve the squad and not the finances

Archived