Jason Shackell

BorneoRam

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if we did get promoted you would want Buxton agianst the likes of Rooney.We would be a laughing stock breaking our own record.

The key to Prem survial isnt splashing money.But using the team that got you promoted and making slight changes e.g swansea.

Buxton is a League 1/2 defender i was slightly worried with the thought of him playing constant football along side shackell but now he has nobody to cover his mistakes we will loose.He produced 4 good performances last season.But those performances werent in a row they were where he had to try and prove somthing to Nigel.he is an amazing defender to have as cover but thats all he will ever be i bet the shackell sale was to get 2 Half decent centre backs.

So if we did get promoted you would want Buxton agianst the likes of Rooney.We would be a laughing stock breaking our own record.

The key to Prem survial isnt splashing money.But using the team that got you promoted and making slight changes e.g swansea.

Buxton is a League 1/2 defender i was slightly worried with the thought of him playing constant football along side shackell but now he has nobody to cover his mistakes we will loose.He produced 4 good performances last season.But those performances werent in a row they were where he had to try and prove somthing to Nigel.he is an amazing defender to have as cover but thats all he will ever be i bet the shackell sale was to get 2 Half decent centre backs.

Erm... Whos talking about Buxtin starting in the Prem. last time I checked we were in he Championship

If we do get promoted then that proves clough right to sell shacklell and buy in new players to improve the team. Let's face it, the team from last year wasn't good enough to get promoted, there is no point doing the same thing again because it will get the same result.

As much as I think shackell was one of our best players, which isnt saying that much by the way, we needed money to do something different and I think if we can replace him with 2 players that have 90% of the talent he has then we are a stronger team overall than last season.

I agree that we ultimately need a team to compete in the Prem but first of all we need a team to get there.

If we do get promoted then that proves clough right to sell shacklell and buy in new players to improve the team. Let's face it, the team from last year wasn't good enough to get promoted, there is no point doing the same thing again because it will get the same result.

As much as I think shackell was one of our best players, which isnt saying that much by the way, we needed money to do something different and I think if we can replace him with 2 players that have 90% of the talent he has then we are a stronger team overall than last season.

I agree that we ultimately need a team to compete in the Prem but first of all we need a team to get there.

Totally Agree Mate.To be honest if shackell is 29 in september and Barker wont be ever at his best again.We need to bring in younger defenders at some point whether they have the same ability as shackell and Barker at this moment isnt the point.They need have the Potiential to be as good as or better.Shackell and Barker are Strong Championship defenders Nothing more.If we can turn a young player into a Strong Championship centre back in 2/3 years then they will have more years ahead to improve to become a Strong Premiership Defender.

You can Agree or Disagree but IMO we have 2 Players who could make it in the Prem Now and 4 who have the Potiential to

Them being Brayford and Fielding. Then Hendrick,Jacobs,Hughes and Bennett have the Potiential.They can only achieve that come experience so i say lets keep going with this "New Breed" tag and If they dont bring us Success e.g Promotion they will certiantly bring us Money

maybe he had given up.First being shipped out to barnsley then Bournemouth.He needs experience around him and i think roberts will help settle.Can anyone explain to me why we loaned croft out again and not sold him.Letting another player leave for free after amounts years he has been at the club

I agree, look at all the bids we turned down for him. Oh wait...................

Reading skills needed?

The Line says If we DID get Promoted?

I think you need to learn some comprehension skills, and then be able to use that when forming replies

I said i would be happy with Buxton starting next season (in the championship)

You then seemed to think that meant i would be happy for him to be starting if we got promoted.

I agree, look at all the bids we turned down for him. Oh wait...................

Good point, money wasted on croft, iin what turned out to be another poor signing by jewell....

No he hasn't. I have seen Addison at Bournemouth. Not impressive so if they rate him sell him. Move on...............

How many times you seen him play for them?

I think you need to learn some comprehension skills, and then be able to use that when forming replies

I said i would be happy with Buxton starting next season (in the championship)

You then seemed to think that meant i would be happy for him to be starting if we got promoted.

No But you didnt listen to my point about the teams that do well in the prem are those who use the same players that got them up.

If buxton got us up it wouldnt mean he is good enough even at champ level as that season we could have won alot of the games with scores like 4-3 which means the attack is good but the defence is poor.If you wouldnt start him in prem then you would have to splash out on a PROVEN prem centre back and they cost loads unless over 33 inwhich they are too old.Buxton is just body on the line kind of player even though the fans love to see a player with Passion.But thats effort over talent and it will show in the bigger leagues.I wouldnt mind him playing the champ but if we did get promoted i see the owners using alot of income to pay of their own debts.which would mean we still wouldnt have much money and wouldnt afford to Massively improve the squad.Meaning theres potential for him starting.Nigel Makes sure the players work hard with our Tactics to chase down the ball and play as a team thats whats caused such a good vibe in the dressing room.So if all buxton has is effort he wont stand out for that.He created alot of silly mistakes last season that roberts and Shackell recovered such as not staying with the line of defence and allowing a striker to get onside.He then once with his EFFORT would run back as fast as he can and make a last ditch tackle that is 50/50 which could get him sent off or get them a penalty.We need Reliable players and we would have got rid of 5 this summer.So this season is a massive risk i can tell you now we will either be 1st-3rd or 22nd-24th.

Correct, but he was free and was Norwich City's player of the year. Hardly a disappointing signing at the time.

He just got fat thats the only point here.He different have the best pace for a winger to start with then he did a Brazil Ronaldo.

Clough signed Croft didn't he?

He did, but I didnt want to upset the clough don't make bad signings apple cart :-)

No But you didnt listen to my point about the teams that do well in the prem are those who use the same players that got them up.

Your right I missed that point amidst the anti Buxton Twaddle.

Oh and if we got promoted with Buxton at the back and we won a kit of games 4-3 it would mean we had a potent strike force and could re-enforce the defence without worrying about the rest if the team too much.

So even if he isn't good enough fit the prem a little tweaking to the team would be enough.

Archived