Derby County v Leeds United

GboroRam

"I thought the performance, all round, was a proper team one,"

"It was a good, old-fashioned Boxing Day ding-dong with a lot of effort and endeavour from both teams."

-Nigel Clough

Wise words from Nigel as ever.

Your missing something from that quote..... URRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fielding - 8 - fantastic today, much more an assured performance, especially that save, proves he is could be one of the top keepers in the division through magic like that.

Roberts - 7 - kept the most dangerous winger in the league relatively quiet, good performance.

Barker - 9 - my man of the match, dominated the leeds strikers and muted any effect they had on/in the box, they had to go deep to have any sort of luck

Shackell - 7 - a good performance and the patnership looked strong, very strong at the back

Brayford - 8 - a great performance, showed how good he can be, had a blinder..

Ward - 8 - looked dangerous, always does but he got good balls into the box and more importantly the goal.

Bailey - 7 - had a great game, was a bit bemused by the MOTM but certainly showed class and willing

Bryson - 7 - looked busy, always making options and putting himself about

Green - 6 - had some good bits, but didn't threaten as much as I'd of liked on the right hand side.

Tyson - 8 - showed that he does have the ability to match his speed, thought he was going to brake down but certainly a quality player there...

Ball - 8 - by far and wide his best game for us, as the game went on he got more accomplished, he's touch downs in the second half were Hulse/Kuqi/Howard quality.

Overall - A cracking performance, dominated from start to finish, anything other than 3 points would of been unjust.. and leeds nearly got their luck in.

I'm excited for the second half of the season, lets have a real go at it!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Thats great to hear about Ball . We have needed a player in the Hulse or Howard mold. He looks like he could make it at this level at the moment.

Rams 1-0 Media

Derby to play much more aggressively than usual. Higher tempo, more arrogance and an attacking display pave the way for a Ward first half strike. He should of got his hattrick but for post and bar.

I hope Derby take confidence and play with the same intensity for all future games

Eh up! First time this season my prediction was good!!

What a sweet time to nail it. It's great being a tinpot club sometimes. I feel really proud like all Derby fans do today. I just wish we had twice the number of fans so then we could match Super Leeds.

6/6.

FFS man what is your problem?

Who gives a fook if the attendance was 32,999 or 33,010.......it was a fookin sell out.

We had 6,000 more than our free spending foxy friends and over 8,000 more than the nice chaps up the road in Notts.

The facts are that we had the 5th biggest attendance in England today.

Manure, Chelski, Liverpool and Sunderland had more than us, no one else did.

Please show some repect, its Manchester United.

I enjoyed it yesterday,good performance and the atmosphere was better too.I dont know how Bailey got MOTM but he did play well,Barker was the best player on the pitch for me.I thought Green was poor,he gave the ball away too many times,Tyson was a big plus,shame robinson was rubbish when he came on.I think tyson and ball could be a decent pairing.

no. of Derby's fouls- 10

no. of Leeds fouls- 15

Says it all 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

The ref and lines were rubbish yesterday, truly terrible. The lineo our side,east, kept giving fouls against poor Roberts all first half. There was some serious diving going off though, that Argie who strikes for them through himself comically forward in an attempt to buy a free kick. Luckily the ref didn't get conned.

So, I had better give the ref some credit there I guess? Oh dear, my post is truly *****, as normal.

The ref and lines were rubbish yesterday, truly terrible. The lineo our side,east, kept giving fouls against poor Roberts all first half. There was some serious diving going off though, that Argie who strikes for them through himself comically forward in an attempt to buy a free kick. Luckily the ref didn't get conned.

So, I had better give the ref some credit there I guess? Oh dear, my post is truly *****, as normal.

the lino you are referring to was snodgrass' dad. (or his mum)

anyone remember that huge appeal by the dirties fans for handball in the box and the ref gave it to us? thanks lads... ;-)

It certainly wasn't what was published. Capacity 33,497 hundreds of seats between fans in South Stand, South West corner 250-300 seats with matting on them, plus in Leeds end first two rows of second tier for some reason unused. A lot more than 487 seats there.

If this is the route we are going down then we need to do our homework children!!

There are infect over 34,000 seats in pps plus however many the exec boxes n corporate areas hold!!

Derby are only allowed to infact sell 33,000 ish due to health and safety and the need for spare seats, like the first aid seats in nsba, clubs are not allowed to fill to maximum capacity!!

So 33,010 attendence and couple hundred seats dotted around is possible!! The divide was also only about 8 seats too!

With this squad we are lucky to get three points from Leeds game even with playing boring football. We have enough to do to stay in the Championship.

It hasnt spoilt my day, I am glad we won.

What spoils my day is that the idiot manager is still there.

Wasnt the best game to be honest, but what do you expect.

Your supposed to be the administrator. No wonder the board has yet to really take off if you can't set a better example.

HO HO HO............ 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> well done lads (the team that is)

no. of Derby's fouls- 10

no. of Leeds fouls- 15

Says it all 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

A club like Leeds always attracts the sort of players full of fire and spirit. A lot tend to develop a chip on their shoulder due to the whole "everyone hates us, we don't care" thing.

They will always be tough buggers. What I enjoyed is that Derby matched them. The Rams were hardly as timid as usual and at times I thought we were as full blooded as Dirty Leeds team.

Nice to see Derby show a bit of fire. If we can show a bit more fire every week, like Leeds do everygame, it'll grab us a few extra points. Leeds are not a team of quality. Yet they'll do ok.

yes.

Archived