Derby County v Leeds United

GboroRam

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were brilliant yesterday, I thought. Haven't read through many posts on this thread so these points may already have been covered.

I heard murmours afterwards having a bit of a whinge about Green but I thought he was solid. The instruction was obviously to get the ball out wide to Ward to attack, so in terms of having the ball going forward, he didn't get too much opportunity but I thought he did well.

The work rate and tempo is the best I've seen all season - forest comes close but that was in a totally different set of circumstances.

I was impressed with Ball who since coming on against Bristol City (and, in my opinion, playing really poorly), has steadily improved and he puts himself about for the team. The pace of Tyson and graft of Ball worked well I thought.

Bryson and Bailey make such a big difference - when they play well, the whole team tend to and although I didn't think Bailey was our best player, he did have a good game.

Roberts struggled against Snodgrass in the first half but the ref didn't help, or the linos - really poor performance from them. I sit in East, and a couple of the decisions were absolutely ridiculous. Also, I though Snodgrass could have talked himself in to a red card - he went back for 5 or 6 rants.

Delighted to win and put on such a performance infront of such a big crowd, and most importantly I think this demonstrates that when we have a fit squad, and Clough can pick a team he actually wants to pick, we're a good team. Hopefully some of the supporters who bought an individual ticket for yesterday will do so more often on the back of that performance. I thought yesterday addressed most of the issues mentioned in the 'I want an atmosphere' thread - it was electric, as good as I can remember for a game that wasn't forest, at the BBG or Pride Park.

we didn't dominate the game at all, but it was a brilliant performance. Clough got the tactics spot on, set us up for breaking with tyson, ball and ward worked a treat. No team had a great first half, tyson had a shot, ward hit the post. Leeds had a free header which was blazed over and a bit of a goalmouth scramble in the area. Second half, again we sat back, defended solidly hit them on the break and scored a cunning goal through ward. Rest of the game we defended like a team unit, everyone working together and putting a shift in. Leeds will feel hard done by because of 2 great saves from fielding towards the end but our defending was resolute and never really looked in doubt. My man of the match was either barker or brayford, both defended really well and won everything tackle and header wise.

We didn't dominate but against teams like leeds you don't have too, I hope we employ similar tactics against west ham, we can't do this against lesser teams as we need to be more forthright but against the better teams this tactic will pay off now and then.

Leeds. They were a dirty team then and they're still a dirty team now - with perfect 6's all round for being kind enough to demonstrate how to execute perfect dives. They'll never change.

Archived