Derby County v Leeds United

GboroRam

Have you ever played as a professional footballer?

If not I will ignore your advice.

I have played football to a decent level and I am qualified as a coach. You don't need to be a pro but you do need to have played some competetive matches to offer valid comment.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The back 5 were excellent today. I think, like his Dad, Nigel likes to build from the back. If these 5 had been fit more often we'd be much higher up the table. The injuries in front of him may have affected Fielding but with them all there he played excellently.
personally I wasn't 100% convince at the back, there was to many close range headers being allowed, hence fielding heroics.

I do disagree he worked hard and he did hit one very good ball to Ward in the first half but the main memory I had of Bailey in this match was a simple ball he had to put Tyson clean through right at the start of the second-half that he overhit. He played OK overall but we never really dominated in the centre and my feeling we were at times in danger of been totally over-run in there. The best midfielder on view was the Leeds no 15, he displayed some good movement and quality on the ball.

Perhaps those people who text are mainly those who listen to Bloomfield on the radio. I would advise them take no notice he has said he has never played, Roger likes to stay mates with the players so his comments need to be taken with this in mind.

Why when you are watching a tense, tight, important match would you make such a text. The Bailey MOM today when there were such outstanding performances from at least 4 colleagues was ludicrous, good of you to shed some light on a possible reason.

Sorry you misunderstood me, it is the fans that text but radio derby have nothing to do with it, the number is advertised all around the ground, surprised that someone as observant as yourself has not seen it 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

I have played football to a decent level and I am qualified as a coach. You don't need to be a pro but you do need to have played some competetive matches to offer valid comment.

I'll have to take your word on that I guess, although I think you're talking rubbish and every football fan, commentator can have a valid comment even if they have only played football in the school playground.

maybe your memory is failing you at your age, cos I do remember Bailey getting stuck in, he kept the ball moving and I posted earlier he as well as Fielding , Barker and Ward all had good shouts on being MOTM, do radio Derby broadcast the txt number to txt for MOTM?

Like I said he worked hard, won some tackles, put a couple of good long passes in but he also mislaid easy passes and overall in my opinion the midfield was the weak area today. That Leeds midfield was not special but I thought they produced the better passing and movement but often wasted it with a premature long-ball onto Barker's head. He did OK, was a lot better than Bryson and Green but Barker was majestic, Ward a constant threat, Fielding made some great saves, Roberts faultless and Ball some superb hold-up play and touch and vision.

Sorry to disagree but Bailey was not MOM today and to be honest he is not a player who I have ever been over impressed by. I don't think playing with Savage helped him either.

I'll have to take your word on that I guess, although I think you're talking rubbish and every football fan, commentator can have a valid comment even if they have only played football I the school playground.

Yes at the match but not to have the Radio Derby Commentary slot, a privelidged position that deserves the best possible standard in terms of oratory, opinion and Derby County knowledge. We used to have the best in Graham Richards, now we get a posh BBC guy with none of the qualifications needed.

Yes at the match but not to have the Radio Derby Commentary slot, a privelidged position that deserves the best possible standard in terms of oratory, opinion and Derby County knowledge. We used to have the best in Graham Richards, now we get a posh BBC guy with none of the qualifications needed.

What about John Motson?

He was to busy finding out the REAL attendance today

It certainly wasn't what was published. Capacity 33,497 hundreds of seats between fans in South Stand, South West corner 250-300 seats with matting on them, plus in Leeds end first two rows of second tier for some reason unused. A lot more than 487 seats there.

Defence were amazing today, especially Jesus Christ. Ward and Tyson both excellent, Ball does a very good job for the team, Bailey and Bryson broke up the play really well green was dissapointing though, went backwards too often.

the fans choose MOM by texting in. Bailey sounded like he had a good game (on the radio but you might disagree as it was mr bloomfield 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />) some crunching tackles and lovely passes. Tyson sounded like started the game very well and put some good crosses in and could have got a couple of goals. Obviously only by the sounds of it.

The matchday sponsors pick MOM

It certainly wasn't what was published. Capacity 33,497 hundreds of seats between fans in South Stand, South West corner 250-300 seats with matting on them, plus in Leeds end first two rows of second tier for some reason unused. A lot more than 487 seats there.

oh sweet baby Jesus and all the orphans

Archived