Paul Green

CumbrianRam

If I was running a business with a £10m turnover I might expect a salary in the mid 6 figures too. Not sure how that compares with companies in the private sector with similar turnover but I imagine it's not vast amounts out. Besides with some players on an alleged £7-8k a week, it only equates to the same as a (admittedly high-wage for Derby) first team player.

What you are sayings is that for a 10m business with a CEO earning say 350k you would give away 3 percent turnover to this person, I have worked for several companies, with a turnover between 17-120m and the max a CEO has earned is 125k gross.

What do you base your figures on, I'm intrigued, and given that we have a wage structure that means we can no longer sign players in the higher bracket, should this not be applied to the CEO as well?

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you base your figures on, I'm intrigued

Nothing, like I said in my post - I imagine. I think the CEO of my company is on over £100k and the turnover is around £5-£7m, but that's not private sector (not for profit/charitable). As I say, it's only comparable with a first team player, so it is kind of applies to the CEO.

No, somebody said the investors have not taken anything. Tom Glick is paid as an employee of DCFC so why does that come into the equation? Is he paid substantially more than other CEOs in this division? Interest is paid on a loan from the investors...is this not normal? When stating that the investors are taking money from the club most people would assume this to be in dividends which to date has not been happening.

Well given GSE get paid by derby, glick is part of GSE, and he gets paid a salary from derby, would you not think the chances are that he also gets some sort of payment from GSE to??

And if we owe the investors nothing, why is there interest being racked up?

Well given GSE get paid by derby, glick is part of GSE, and he gets paid a salary from derby, would you not think the chances are that he also gets some sort of payment from GSE to??

And if we owe the investors nothing, why is there interest being racked up?

No I would imagine that he is only paid his salary from DCFC.

I imagine this is a loan which not all of the investors are involved in and, therefore, interest is paid on this loan. I could be wrong though.

To be fair to greeny, apart from obviously being out of position, I'd lay the blame at the door of the forwards. Leicester goal came from a quick break after wed had the ball on the edge of their area in the d. I think it was ball and tyson withered over what to do next, it was nicked off em, down the wing and into the net. Story of the game really, we seemed to be really hesitant and not have much of a cue when we were in the final third. The defence didn't have an awful game, rode their luck a couple of times when leicester hit the post, but overall, they didn't have a terrible day. Having said all that, any joy leicester did have mostly came down the right. Is that because their winger was good, or green was crap? It's a bit of a tyson vs leacock battle all over again.

To be fair to him they put someone up against him who was going to beat him for pace every time. A centre midfielder at right back is going to get found out by clever teams.

Green isn't a centre midfielder, nor is he a right back or right winger... he is a utility player, however it should be said players are people and not computerized.. should a professional football player be able to be bambuzzled by a championship standard winger running in a straight line, regardless of pace... he stood him up and let him past without as much as a challenge it was embarrassing, if I had been in Greens position at that point with my own lowly ability I would of been massively disappointed if I had achieved what he did...

as Tibbs said, a player looking to be part of a major(ish) international competition in a few months? not a chance, just not good enough.

In respect of Tyson Ball comments it was clear to me that the team and this includes Ward can not at the moment put the final ball into them. We are not using Tyson speed and the first time that we did Morgan had to take him out. Ball is the target man and Tyson should be latching onto through ball - which we are not doing. Thats to address the comments about the forwards.

Now Green yes he is out of position but can do the job. However no matter if he is out of position there are things footballers should be able to do.

1. Tackle at present struggling - and this is everywhere on the pitch

2. Protecting the ball - He is not at present able to do this and Beckford nearly got a goal in second half

3. Crossing the ball - He is a midfielder and even in the centre he will cross the ball at times but he struggled with that.

4. Shooting - Found himself in the box why did he not hit first time - he never does.

Now although that is picking at everything a footballer should be doing the flip side is that he has just come back from injury although should be near match fitness. He has an international coming up and after being out for so long does not want to get injured again as this could stop him going to the Championship in the summer. Should not affect him but under circumstances as out of contract a good tournament for him could earn him a big contract.

II would play Naylor at RB and drop Green for a couple of games and look at what we are going to do over the summer. Finally sort out whether he is leaving or stopping. If leaving then start playing players who will be here

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived